NWFRAGFEST FINAL TALLY!! WE DID IT!!!

Emerald525

Thanks again vendors, volunteers, members!! You all made this event a success! 

Final tally going to Tanks for Teachers is 2963.62!!

:YayWave:

Sure we could have probably just gotten by with donations and raffles and no frag show but we wanted to do something fun, positive , and bring the community together! Thank you all who came and participated!!

:clap:

I will post up what we end up doing for The Boys and Girls Club!

Below is the breakdown of costs and without donations of time, money and supplies it wouldn't be possible!!! 

IMG_3352.JPG

IMG_0421.PNGIMG_0324.PNGIMG_0410.JPG

• Like 7

Good to hear and well if and when the new tank shows I can help with delivery and set up if Jim ( think that's his name I suck with names :laugh:) doesn't have a way to get it there..........

Was a good time and cant wait for next year.............was a good time hanging out with the first lady...........

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, spectra said:

Good to hear and well if and when the new tank shows I can help with delivery and set up if Jim ( think that's his name I suck with names :laugh:) doesn't have a way to get it there..........

Was a good time and cant wait for next year.............was a good time hanging out with the first lady...........

She had a great time with you as well!

i knew you would be first in line to help and was hoping maybe to recruit you for a stand and canopy possibly depending on what we decide to get!😀

• Like 2

:clap:Huge, huge, huge thanks to those that volunteered so many hours of their valuable time. 

Truly grateful for all the hard work to make this possible.  Heck, I was exhausted just being a visitor to the swap.  It took a while to get all the spoils dipped and put away.  And that's really nothing compared to what the volunteers did. 

Word was, many were up in the wee hours of the morning and stuck around pretty late to take it all down.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!

It was a special event in many ways.  Most of us scored a ton of nice frags, made trades, good conversation, ate good food.... And learned allot more about sustainability.  Which was awesome by the way.  RESEPECT to the Aussie coral and fishery.  Gonna go get me some scolies!!  :fingerscrossed:

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, Emerald525 said:

She had a great time with you as well!

i knew you would be first in line to help and was hoping maybe to recruit you for a stand and canopy possibly depending on what we decide to get!😀

Well I may be able to do that............good thing they have a tank now as who knows when I will have time :laugh: Let me know what you are thinking and can make it happen.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, spectra said:

Well I may be able to do that............good thing they have a tank now as who knows when I will have time :laugh: Let me know what you are thinking and can make it happen.

I don’t know what I’m thinking yet my brain is still full from organizing the frag show!😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Scott it was so great to get to know you better you are an amazing person. I see many more cooking partnerships in our future! You are a super awesome chef [emoji67]‍[emoji505] [emoji895][emoji847]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

I am continually blown away by the club and how everyone can come together to enjoy a common passion. And to include some amazing vendors and clubs from afar just made it that much more amazing [emoji6]. It was so great to get to talk to everyone and spend the day together for a great cause. Already planning the next one [emoji177]

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Sirena said:

Scott it was so great to get to know you better you are an amazing person. I see many more cooking partnerships in our future! You are a super awesome chef emoji67.pngemoji505.pngemoji895.pngemoji847.png

I support this partnership! Man those beans and tacos!! :drool:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Sirena said:

Scott it was so great to get to know you better you are an amazing person. I see many more cooking partnerships in our future! You are a super awesome chef emoji67.pngemoji505.pngemoji895.pngemoji847.png

Thanks! and chef :laugh: Hell I just like to eat................

But yes we do need to do something again!

• Like 1

Excellent turnout and fantastic success! :mermaid:

Am I reading this correctly - the Boys and Girls club donated $1000? That seems weird; I must be misinterpreting something.

Also confusing is the value of the raffle prizes being tallied as income. I don’t get that part at all.

I understand now. We donated $1000 to the Boys & Girls Club, not the other way around, and the donated prizes are not tallied in, just listed here (also goes for donated supplies). I’ll leave my questions in this reply with a strike through, in case others wonder the same things and don’t want to sound dumb asking. I’ll take the hit!

I do remember we didn’t consider the guest speaker an event-specific expense, since we would’ve otherwise paid to have a guest speaker at a regular club meeting. Just in case anyone wonders about that. 

Am I reading this correctly - the Boys and Girls club donated $1000? That seems weird; I must be misinterpreting something.

Also confusing is the value of the raffle prizes being tallied as income. I don’t get that part at all

Completely legit questions as you were not sitting at our kitchen table when I put this together [emoji849]. The boys and girls club did not necessarily donate 1000$ to us. But they did give us a significant discounted price on the venue because Jim is a bad [language filter] [emoji106][emoji41]. We would have had to pay that if he didn’t get us amazing deal [emoji847]

And yeah on the rest of the donations it’s not tallied in but it’s good to keep track [emoji4] thanks for throwing all that out though. my brain can be confusing first thing in the morning [emoji849]

• Like 1

Yes Cherany your memory is correct for the guest speaker. We have in the budget to do one nationally known speaker at least once a year so the idea was to combine that with the frag show to make sure we got great attendance.

The Boys and Girls club was originally going to charge us more than a 1000 dollars for all that space as the going rate is by room and per hour.  Jim worked his magic and let them know we were going to use the money to get them a new tank and more corals since they lost almost everything with inclement weather, so they gave it to us for free and all we needed to pay was 180 for the staff that needed to come.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sirena said:

Also confusing is the value of the raffle prizes being tallied as income. I don’t get that part at all

Completely legit questions as you were not sitting at our kitchen table when I put this together emoji849.png. The boys and girls club did not necessarily donate 1000$ to us. But they did give us a significant discounted price on the venue because Jim is a bad [language filter] emoji106.pngemoji41.png. We would have had to pay that if he didn’t get us amazon deal emoji847.png

And yeah on the rest of the donations it’s not tallied in but it’s good to keep track :) thanks for throwing all that out though. my brain can be confusing first thing in the morning emoji849.png

So a donation in kind?

Thanks for putting this together Sirena. You do so much for the club it’s crazy. Just know that it goes noticed and greatly appreciated. You have some big time karmic payback headed your way (in a good way of course). Sorry I didn’t get to see more of you and the rest of the club yesterday but all good fun!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, spectra said:

Yep it’s Jim. He also stuck around afterwards to do a water change on the current tank with Roy - guy never stopped yesterday!

Great Job on the salsas Scott - if I hadn’t been so busy I might not have left the food table - that stuff was killer. Thanks!

35 minutes ago, Flashy Fins said:

I understand now. We donated $1000 to the Boys & Girls Club, not the other way around

Nope, looks like I misunderstood again.

24 minutes ago, Sirena said:

The boys and girls club did not necessarily donate 1000$ to us. But they did give us a significant discounted price on the venue because Jim is a bad [language filter] emoji106.pngemoji41.png. We would have had to pay that if he didn’t get us amazing deal emoji847.png

Ahhh, gotcha. We valued their discounted/donated space at $1000.

For those playing along at home, no donation of $1000 cash went in either direction.

• Like 1