Plan to get first acros at frag fest, suggestions?

Oregonic

Hey everyone, going to go to frag fest tomorrow and want to pick up a few beginner acros, lokking for suggestions. I actually did try a green slimer and another blue acro about 10 months ago but they slowly died over the course of a month or 2 probably due to some swing in parameters. I now believe I have my water chemistry down and have had very stable parameters for the last 3-4 months.  Currently have a few sps thriving, green and purple stylo, red monti cap, lepto, and a Hollywood stunner that grows like a weed.  

Salinity 1.026 refractometer checked weekly when doing water change

alk 7.9-8.2 hanna checker checked every day or two  

cal 420-430 red sea pro checked twice a week

mag 1470-1500 salifert checked weekly i know its high but has been high with last 2 batchs of aquaforest

nitrates 1-4 red sea pro tested 1-2 times a week

phosphates .02-.04 red sea pro 1-2 times a month  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Oregonic said:

Yes using led, ai 26hd over red sea e170. Running the brs rendition of ab+ at 80%. I do need to get in line on the par meter booking thread but based on the tests brs did top of my rock work should be above 250 the par. 

I personally on a tank like that with a fixture having only 2 pucks, would add an additional fixture for an even spread, but give it a shot. Also ensure you center your frags below that way the light will be hitting it from both sides (between the pucks).  ...as for the PAR booking thread I have been on that thing since June, so maybe seeing if one of your friends have one or if any local shops rent them might prove to be faster. 

Picked up 2 acros, a frogspawn (im a sucker for euphyllia), a monti cap, and a space invader pectinia. Hopefully the sticks survive water is stable and i have my light in acclimation mode for 2 weeks reduced by 25% so got my fingers crossed :fingerscrossed:  9AAC9FF8-01F6-4A51-8AE6-EA9B211C9293.jpeg6B8A1409-6B6C-4071-BB53-E4D00075A52D.jpeg27327831-DFEA-4EC4-9B64-4477886C0541.jpegC44CE892-27F0-4C24-95B9-EDC3B1CA2370.jpegDA2BC981-BDA8-45B0-A71F-DF3F18B3BF07.jpeg

• Like 2