WTB XL-XXL Live or Dry rock

Arsonmfg

7 minutes ago, xmas_one said:

There was guy active on here a few months back from Gresham that had big chunks of dry rock. His user name was an airplane resigistrqtion number, N0571 or something like that.

That would be N70SJ - he did say he had a lot of rock he had hand-picked and brought back.  Haven't seen him post for a while.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That would be Steve, we talked a little while back when he was out of town, we keep missing each other. His phone goes straight to VM so I'm guessing he's out of the country, I know he travels a lot.

Figured I'd throw up a post to see what else it out there...

The powermodule has always worked fantastic, grows corals anywhere and pulls great color rendition but I've always felt there was just a little something missing. I tried supplementing with leds and it still wasn't quite there. I've always chased the look I used to have with halides and T5.

So back to Radiums with T5 supplementation. I bought a Giesemann Spectra, the only good looking fixture that houses single ended halides. 

• Like 1

Well with the name Spectra it must be good :shock: 

I almost went that rout also.............I have always liked them.

I had a schigofly or some odd ball named light years ago. MH with T5s and it was awesome. Light looked weird but worked great.

I thought you'd like the name lol... Sfilogoi made amazing fixtures and built in Italy! Sadly they don't make their halide fixture anymore and finding a used one is nearly impossible since very few ever made it to the states in the first place. It was the only other fixture on my list.

I just got to the point of chasing the look of Radium's why not just got back to them and be done. They grow everything and everything looks as it should with great color. It's really a no brainer and the power consumption really isn't that much more than what I'm already using. We'll see what next summer brings as far as tank temps are concerned.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Yep that's them and actually Sfiligoi :tongue: http://glassbox-design.com/2010/sfiligoi-vision-plasma/ sweet light................they were huge.....................but worked great.

Picked mine up from someone in Salem......also got my ATB skimmer from them to that I really wish I had now.............that member has moved on now............

Edited by spectra