I think I need to ask for forgiveness

Well now that I have your attention, check out this monster birds nest coral. It was just getting way too big and I kept practically giving it away. Well today I finally decided to send it to the garbage. I hated doing it, but there's only so much room and no one to take it. It was killing other coral it was growing into so death was inevitable.

Sorry??

But I do have this giant purple cap that I'd like to re-home. I'd gladly trade for some frags or a few pesos. It's attached to a rock that has blue cloves, but if you didn't want them you could just break off huge pieces of the monti and chuck the rock. It's at least 14" x 8" x 5". Let me know. Thanks!80e7e7e49b7ec09c90226a4f9ffa27e1.jpg0f580e7f803d0947f901e4b7c6d7ce4b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

You still in Corvallis?
Naw I'm up in Scappoose. I work in NE Portland.
I've got a birds nest problem on the horizon. I might be in your situation at some point. For now I've got space but I already know I'm not crazy about a tank full of birds nest.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Yeah I hear ya. Everything has some beauty and I can appreciate it. But ultimately there is only so much room and killing the acros is personal!
You better keep that skeleton for display, or at least the reactor...That would be your salvation, not the garbage can.
Nice colonies though, healthy looking coral.
Yeah I was really thinking about it. But it was too much of a hassle. I do have some regrets for not saving it for the calcium reactor.
You sassy SPS masters and your 'problems'!   It would make a cool bleached specimen for a shelf sometime [emoji4]

My wife would probably appreciate a reduction in aquarium related stuff around the house. Haha.
Calcium supplement?
Unfortunately not this time. I have another chunk of it. Maybe when that's too big I'll toss it in the reactor.

If your going to the Frag Fest next weekend bring that with you and we can exchange buckets, this way it can live on in several other peoples tanks instead of the yard debris...I hate to see a nice coral go you know.
Sorry man, I ended up giving it to Brian (PDXMonkey). But yeah, I think I'm going to make the meeting. I've got some potential family stuff I'm still trying to work out.
if you can't wait to give it to Bert I can hold on to it until then hate to see it thrown out
Hey man, thanks for offering. I would have taken you up, but Brian hit me up at the last minute.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, pdxmonkeyboy said:

i will gladly bring some to frag fest next week. it was a HUGE piece. hit me up if you want some

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Hey Brian - that appears to be different than than the blue/purple I currently have so maybe save me a piece if you have enough?

Just now, pdxmonkeyboy said:

you bet. small, big, or OMG size?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Haha!  Whatever you can spare - doesn't need to be huge. Thanks man! I have some of the orange and green with purple rim I could bring for you if you don't have those already.   BTW - looking forward to seeing you at the event - bring some pics of the house!  

Sorry Andrew... this should probably be in the frag fest trade thread now that there is one.

3 hours ago, albertareef said:

Haha!  Whatever you can spare - doesn't need to be huge. Thanks man! I have some of the orange and green with purple rim I could bring for you if you don't have those already.   BTW - looking forward to seeing you at the event - bring some pics of the house!  

Sorry Andrew... this should probably be in the frag fest trade thread now that there is one.

If you are willing to sell a small frag of that green with purple rim I would be interested!