UV Sterilizer - Algae Control

shaywood

Sometimes if there is an algae bloom it can help for sure.  If it is on the rocks and glass, perhaps not as much.

What kind of algae are you battling?

The biggest thing that helped me with algae was changing my feeding.  Only ocean plankton and nori now.  Pretty much wiped out my algae.  @stylaster set me up with that tip and I am grateful, passing it along...

YMMV but it is an easy change and worth considering depending on your situation.

Sometimes if there is an algae bloom it can help for sure.  If it is on the rocks and glass, perhaps not as much.
What kind of algae are you battling?
The biggest thing that helped me with algae was changing my feeding.  Only ocean plankton and nori now.  Pretty much wiped out my algae.  [mention=13307]stylaster[/mention] set me up with that tip and I am grateful, passing it along...
YMMV but it is an easy change and worth considering depending on your situation.

Interested in knowing how exactly feeding ocean plankton and nori is?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, hkhsiao said:

Interested in knowing how exactly feeding ocean plankton and nori is?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As far as quantity?  Enough to keep the fish healthy, just not obese!  Lean and mean :)

For my tank that is 4 cubes of ocean plankton every 2 days, a sheet of nori every day.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TheClark said:

As far as quantity?  Enough to keep the fish healthy, just not obese!  Lean and mean :)

For my tank that is 4 cubes of ocean plankton every 2 days, a sheet of nori every day.

Lean and mean eh?  I should ship you our Desjardin tang and see what you can do with it - it has the mean (or at least bossy) down but not so much the lean.

Where do you get your plankton (brand)?  Do you do any other feedings for your coral?  Everything was looking pretty healthy in there.

• Like 1