200 gallon deep dimension

pdxmonkeyboy

gauging interest on this 200 gallon marineland deep dimension. it's 48"x36"x26" so basically awesome for reef aquascape. I got rid of the corner overflows and installed a custom overflow (drilled for beanimal).

great condition tank with custom (beefy!) stand.

With all the work I have been putting in plumbing a basement sump I am thinking I should get the tank I am lusting after.. 300 gallon 6x3.

I can post pics soon.

$750

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

What a killer deal!! Was nice meeting you today and glad to see you're going after your dream set up.
nice to meet you as well!!

after much consideration I just felt like I should get the tank that will adequately house the fish I want. (great white shark) :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hey Brian - do you have a pic of the modified overflow?  Curious what you did with that. 

Glad you decided to get what you really want now that you went to the work of running all the plumbing for a remote sump. Should be killer!  If you put it where you were planning would be cool to do a full length built in cabinet/stand. 

On 10/1/2017 at 6:00 PM, pdxmonkeyboy said:
wood stand..
At any rate, this post was to gauge interest and there has been a LOT of interest. Which is good. I am expecting quotes from custom tank builders this week. if they are not too outrageous then I'll take pics and let this tank go.

cheers

I want

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

32 minutes ago, pdxmonkeyboy said:

MY GOD!! Custom tanks are EXPENSIVE....

I have gotten two estimates for a 6'x3'x24" rimless tank and they have both come in around 6k shipped!!

Well - you could build yourself another one. Thought you didn’t want to go that big with glass anyway... or was this for acrylic?  Easy for me to say of course 😁

have not tried miracles. i got a quote from coast to coast.. $1,600 shipping??!? please.. is someone delivering it with an uber? and AGE.

the AGE is super super nice with a 1" pvc bottom. But still around $4,200 shipped.

customaquariums.com seems really cheap but I have read a couple horror stories about customer service.

The prices you've been quoted sound about spot on to me... The $3700 quote actually seems cheap.

The dimensions are going to cost you some but it's that rimless part that makes the price jack up so much higher because of the necessary glass thickness and the lower euro bracing. You'll just have to bite the bullet if that's what you really want.

Personally I don't know I'd want to own a rimless tank that size. Mine still gives me nightmares every now and then thinking about a few small strips of silicone holding that thing together from a total disaster.