1. Suggestions please for attractive light inside my stand, mounting hardware and door switch.
2. What is source for best exhaust fan and proper size for 2' x 4' stand?
3. Where can I find a PVC elbow as shown in photo? Would a sweep elbow be just as effective? What will get me the least resistance?
4. I am thinking of plumbing a manifold off a strong return pump to feed a bio reactor, algae reactor, calcium reactor and sterilizer to minimize the number of pumps in the sump? Any advice?
5. Also I am considering running two gyres or two Apex WAVs for a SPS dominant tank. Again, any advice?
6. If I want to stock many fish in a SPS tank, would a large bio-reactor and a Pax-Bellum algae reactor keep parameters in check?
Almost ready to fire the starting gun on a Custom Aquarium's rimless and a stand from Spectra.
I am looking at the available Gyre Pumps on the market and I'm not sure how to size the right one (or two?) and whether I should consider different brands...
Q1: What size or model should be used in a 200g tank (48x36x27) with mostly SPS? It seems that sizing by GPH is not necessary the right way...and maybe placement and orientation are important.
Q2: Should I use one large Gyre or two smaller ones? Assume no budget worries and tell me why I need 10 if there is a good case.
Q3: It looks like Maxspect is the most common and appears to be of high quality. Are there others worth considering?
Q4: Should I connect the Gyre(s) to my Apex controller (or is it even possible)?
Q5: It seems like Gyres are great, but should I really be thinking about replacing flow equipment with these or should these just be add-ons?