Sign in to follow this  
TheClark

Dkh Dropped - APEX Flow Monitor

I am babysitting allot of coral.  As a result, keeping allot closer eye on the tank.

The calcium reactor feed pump stopped pumping any amount of volume, and dkh dropped.

After troubleshooting I could see the feed pump was barely a trickle.

Fired up the APEX flow monitor.  It is not rated for CR low flow rate, but it seems to work.  Holding steady and keeps a history!  Pretty cool way to monitor that cricital calcium reactor variable, flow...  I have no alarms setup for it yet but if reliable definitely will...

rM807A4.png

• Like 2

Couple of quick updates:

1)  I stirred up chaeto, CR feed pump picked up some junk, flow did decrease and APEX reflected it.  

2)  Added an alarm statement to EMAIL_ALM

If FLx11_1 < 3 then ON

Seems to work...  Will see if it is a nuisance or a help...

Just now, albertareef said:

Sorry you had to discover it that way but could be a cool feature. 

I am liking it!  The MJ1200 feed pump seems to have enough pressure to keep the FMK working, despite the lower flow.  If this really alerts me when flow drops, wow!  That will be some great peace of mind!

2 minutes ago, TheClark said:

I am liking it!  The MJ1200 feed pump seems to have enough pressure to keep the FMK working, despite the lower flow.  If this really alerts me when flow drops, wow!  That will be some great peace of mind!

Yeah - I need to figure out something like that for mine as well. Still have a balky needle valve in the path that clogs even when wide open. Need to get that out of there!  Flow monitoring would be awesome though. 

Just now, albertareef said:

Yeah - I need to figure out something like that for mine as well. Still have a balky needle valve in the path that clogs even when wide open. Need to get that out of there!  Flow monitoring would be awesome though. 

Yes!  At least it would say 'Hey Sean, go clear your needle valve'.  Mine gets clogged at a shut off valve.  I have to pop the JG fittings, flush it for a second, put it back together.  Perhaps a prefilter on the MJ would help... hmmm....

19 minutes ago, TheClark said:

Yes!  At least it would say 'Hey Sean, go clear your needle valve'.  Mine gets clogged at a shut off valve.  I have to pop the JG fittings, flush it for a second, put it back together.  Perhaps a prefilter on the MJ would help... hmmm....

Yeah - that is exactly what I need. Should just pull it out since I am running gravity flow wide open but the only shutoff is downstream so...  yep, lazy.