SantaMonica

Chaeto Reactors compared to Algae Scrubbers

With more people wanting to use natural filtration for their tanks, we are going to look at the two main types of units that you can put on your system: Chaeto reactors (or "algae reactors") and algae turf scrubbers (ATS). We won’t be looking at refugiums however, since those have mostly a different purpose. This will be a multi-part post; the next post will start with the basics, so if you’d like anything in particular to be covered, let us know.

• Like 2

I know you don't offer algae scrubbers and hope this doesn't turn into advertisement for your products. 

I probably speak for others when I say I'd like to see controlled testing of nitrate and phosphate reduction in exact systems. 

Looking forward to a non biased comparison!

I think you meant we "do" offer scrubbers :)   But many people ask about reactors and are unsure of the differences, so a few details about them would seem to help all. As for controlled testing, if someone in the West Los Angeles area would like to donate space for it, I'll certainly go there and do it.  But for now the posts will be about concepts.

Yes sorry! I don't believe you offer algae reactors. Good luck with your comparison.

I am interested in the difference they each make. I recently put a cheato reactor on both my tanks. To early to see a real difference but the cheato grows like crazy. 

I think Jorge hit the nail on the head with this one... I see this turning into a "our turf scrubbers are the best, buy ours now"
Seems doubtful, based on the current rate of progress here...

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

I was genuinely interested in a comparison between the two. You gotta be ready to give the consumer real statistics if you're gonna say one piece of equipment is better than the other. By all means sell your product but up to this point the title is misleading.

• Like 2