If there is one chore I hate in this hobby

TheClark

It has to be scraping algae

With reef tanks we don't get normal algae .  No we get that darn calcerous algae

and no matter how many times you scrape it,  it always comes back

Life gets busy and it's easy to drag your feet .  This kinda happened...check out my tank earlier tonight:

IMG_1857.JPG

kinda sad

so I took out the Dobie pad and 5 minutes later...  You can see in again!  But there is allot that the dobie could not handle alone:

IMG_1858.JPG

So lastly, I hit it with an acrylic scraper....  These are the kind that envision, Charles aka @wanareef and Eric make locally.  If you don't have one, they are amazing...

IMG_1861.JPG

much to to my relief there were still coral and fish alive and thriving!!

IMG_1862.JPGIMG_1863.JPGIMG_1864.JPG

The view from the office will be much nicer tomorrow.  

Why did I wait so long in the first place??

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, TheClark said:

Looking decent today, 2 more sides to go!!

IMG_1876.JPG

Where did all the fish come from!  Looking good Jeremy - doesn't seem like anything suffered from the coraline overgrowth.  Sometimes it gets to the point that I'm afraid to clear if off for fear of what I might find :shock:

7 minutes ago, albertareef said:

Where did all the fish come from!  Looking good Jeremy - doesn't seem like anything suffered from the coraline overgrowth.  Sometimes it gets to the point that I'm afraid to clear if off for fear of what I might find :shock:

Hahah, yeah, where did they all come from?  My theory:  Now that they can see me, they are begging for extra feedings.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, pdxmonkeyboy said:

http://www.moaidevices.com

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I remember seeing this some time back actually, and it appears it still hasn't found its way to the market. While extremely innovative it would only work on 1 side, and the sacrifice would be having to have it in view at all times. I'm also wondering just how well that thing could scrape coraline off the glass, then again I guess if it's making a pass daily it would probably keep it from growing out.  

Just found the kickstarter here
it appears to be going for $199.00 pre-sale, not bad for what Apex would charge you for the module and device :) 

• Like 1