BBQ thread, what's on the grill?

xmas_one

Well now................................:laugh: I live to play on the smoker........................I gave up the BBQ years ago.

Looks good though! even though you over cooked it where is the red at :unsure: tri tip needs to be pulled at 130...........no pics from me as they are all on Photofucket..................and we all know how that's going......................

And yes I like my meat still moooooooooving :laugh:

Edited by spectra
  • Like 3

On ‎8‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 8:27 PM, xmas_one said:

What thermometer are you using?

Oh sorry I thought I posted........its a cheap unit off amazon I think. It works but isn't instant........

This one I think https://www.amazon.com/DeltaTRAK-Display-Auto-Cal-Needle-Thermometer/dp/B0071NWTY4/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1504323063&sr=8-3&keywords=deltatrak+thermometer

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

TJ tritip, I have the new thermometer and pulled it @ 130, I think I will pull at 125 next time. It was really good. Thanks spectra for the thermometer suggestion, makes a world of difference from the crummy analog one I've been using.

IMG_0630.JPG

Edited by xmas_one
  • Like 2

On ‎10‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 6:44 PM, xmas_one said:

TJ tritip, I have the new thermometer and pulled it @ 130, I think I will pull at 125 next time. It was really good. Thanks spectra for the thermometer suggestion, makes a world of difference from the crummy analog one I've been using.

IMG_0630.JPG

Maybe even 120.............

I have found meat keeps on going for a while and when it comes to beef it needs a good 15 to 20 to sit on the board before cutting. Temps can rise 5 degrees in that time also........

I always tent my beef in foil on the board for a few before cutting into it.

Looks good and nothing like fiesta ware :laugh:

• Thanks 1