Hello from Pacific Island Aquatics!

Hello PNWMAS members! Some of you already know me and have been to my Tangent shop previously when it was a different company. I am very excited to announce that I have chosen to move away from the other side of the industry and am now able to devote 100% of my time and energy to my passions of fully quarantined retail marine fish as well as aquaculture! Pacific Island Aquatics has been with me for some time, and my primary goal is to provide high quality, healthy marine fish for the hobby.  Accordingly, we observe the strictest biosecurity protocols, utilize best practice methods rooted in the latest science of animal husbandry and welfare. My personal background is in aquaculture and the marine hobby, with formal education in biology and a degree in aquarium science. With a full time aquatic vet tech on staff as well as frequent oversight visits from our local aquatic veterinarian we are well equipped to supply our fellow hobbyists with the highest health fish possible.

The response to the quality of our fish from all over the country has been overwhelming and it has been hard to keep up with demand. So, I decided it was time to upgrade! We have renovated the facility with ten custom built systems, composed of 224 individual tanks allowing us to batch quarantine, separate animals as needed based upon origin and temperament, and provide a continual supply of healthy animals. And as many of you have heard, we have been working on a certificate of health for several months now and are very excited to announce that will be available for all our fish very soon. 

We examine all incoming fish for diseases through visual assessment, skin scrapes, gill clippings and fecal smears. We treat all fish for common diseases such as Marine Velvet (Amyloodinium sp.), Marine Ich (Cryptocaryon irritans), Bacterial Infections (Vibrio sp. an others), Flukes (Gill, epidermal and internal), Uronema marinum among others! We utilize USP pharmaceutical grade medications, as well as prescriptions medications for those pesky praziquantel resistant flukes! Internal trematode infection and treatment of anaerobic bacterial infection of the gut is addressed through gut loading of live food allowing us to provide an exact dose and concentration of medication based on fish weight and size.

Moreover we are kicking the aquaculture into high gear. Some folks have heard about our Sea Dragon program, but in addition to Sea Dragons and Seahorses we will be providing high quality, captive bred clownfish, gobies, dottybacks and others. We are currently working with several pelagic spawning species such as Japanese Masked Swallowtail Angels (Genicanthus semifasciatus), Japanese Pygmy Angels (Centropyge interrupta) and others.

Lastly, because I know it is hard for some folks to make it to my neck of woods we are excited to announce FREE SHIPPING on orders over $150 to all of Oregon and Washington! And of course, I extend the seven day live arrival guarantee as is outlined here:

http://www.pacificislandaqua.com/store-policies.html

I look forward to providing high quality aquacultured,  and quarantined collected fish to my PNW neighbors.  Please enjoy the pics, we have some great fish in stock right now and if you don't see the fish you are looking for, let me know and we will track it down and quarantine it for you!

P1011085.JPG

P1011065.JPG

P1011066.JPG

P1011068.JPG

P1011020.JPG

P1010991.JPG

• Like 4

Welcome back Colby!  Great to see you are able to reinvest time into the fish/aquaculture - sounds like some nice upgrades to your systems as well!  The ruby-headed fairy wrasse I picked up when we had our club meeting down there is doing quite well... maybe need to get him another wrasse friend soon.

51 minutes ago, Gil&Fin said:

Congratulations Colby! We're lucky to have your support as a sponsor and I love that you're always willing to share your expertise. I got to come down and visit soon and see the new set ups!

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

Do it! Excited to hear about your enterprise :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, albertareef said:

Welcome back Colby!  Great to see you are able to reinvest time into the fish/aquaculture - sounds like some nice upgrades to your systems as well!  The ruby-headed fairy wrasse I picked up when we had our club meeting down there is doing quite well... maybe need to get him another wrasse friend soon.

Very glad to hear you are enjoying the ruby headed male you got from me. It was great meeting you at the club get together!

Just now, youcallmenny said:

Really awesome!  So are you breeding the genicanthus?  

Well, working on it. To be more specific I just feed them, sing to them and compliment them and they are breeding with each other :)  I am hoping this fall to get a chance to take a crack at the larvae, they are still in a little 150 gallon but will be moving into a 600 gallon for long term spawning trials. Also, I will have my other two broodstock systems with 40 pairs of clownfish, and around 60 pairs of gobies, dottybacks and other demersal spawners. Should get fun!

• Like 1