RobMBush

New to the PNW reefing

Hi,

I'm new to the PNW reefing community.  I have been been reefing since 2003 and had my first big tank (180 gallon) in 2004.  I have mostly kept fish, LPS and soft corals in the past but am now moving toward SPS territory. Just moved here from the east coast back in July 2015 and set my prior marineland 200DD starphire tank back up in Jan 2016 after sitting dry for a few months.  I basically killed off all my live rock for the move and resurrected over he past year. It was a rough process....  I got marine velvet from a local fish store on some "trade in" rock I was using to seed my dead rock and that killed most of my new fish in a matter of days at one point then left the tank fallow for 4 months while I treated the remaining fish with CP in a 160 gallon QT system! 

I just finished refreshing the marineland 200DD with a a new new Red Sea Reefer 750XXL build and posted to the forum.  

Rob

• Like 1

Welcome aboard Rob!  Sorry to hear about your startup troubles (been there - done that). Sounds like you have some great experience to share and your 750 build is looking really sharp. Hope to see you at a meeting some day. 

Welcome Rob!  Glad to have your experience.  Sucks about the velvet.  I too have been through the mass fish wipe ordeal lately and empathize with the pain.  Can't wait to see more on your set up!

Thanks!  Calcium reactor just got here today.  Hopefully I will be testing some SPS frags soon once I get everything sorted.