Something BIG is coming October 14!!!

Emerald525

The board and officers have been working really hard to bring you a frag show!:yippee:

I wanted to get the word out because you don't want to miss this! We will have several vendors with their choice corals to sell you!

We will have a Macna level guest speaker that we will be flying out all the way from Australia to do a talk!

You thought we had good raffles at our meeting , the raffles will be bigger and better!:clap:

The show will be at the Boys and Girls Club in Vancouver Washington and the proceeds will go to Tanks for Teacher. We want to replace the tank they have and also get new livestock as they lost most of their coral and fish due to the school closing due to inclement weather!

There will be food provided by the excellent culinary services known as Sirena. You had her ribs , you won't want to miss what she has in store for you!

The DATE is Saturday October 14 !! Save the date!:highfive:

This will be a blast! This will be like a regular meeting on steroids! Some of the coolest corals I have had are from these type shows as the vendors bring their best!

More details coming! Just wanted to get the word out so you can take the time from work , cancel your other vacation plans to come to this show!!

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Emerald525 said:

Yea it's time to show some love to Vancouver 

Maybe Scott will actually show up ?

This should be a blast with a great lineup of vendors. The officers have been doing a lot of ground work lining up some of the best. Also looking forward to the guest speaker since I haven't been able to do MACNA. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, stylaster said:

Going to be awesome, i truly hope we can turn this into a yearly thing and maybe someday make it a national event!

This is my hope too that we can make this a yearly event and watch it grow ! Thanks so much for your support in getting this going. You and Jim are always a great help and much appreciated !

51 minutes ago, Reefishness said:

Any more details? How many vendors? Who'll be speaking and what topics? Thanks! Should be a lot of fun. SEA-MAX was great. I won the grand prize tank raffled off! Lol. Hope I can make this event.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow that's awesome that you won! I was at sea-max too!  There will be around 8 to 10 vendors we are trying to keep it small since this is the first show we are doing.

The speaker is Laura Simmons.  We are flying her out all the way from Australia.

I am very excited to have her. Here is her talk she did at Macna last year:

• Like 2

Wow that's awesome that you won! I was at sea-max too!  There will be around 8 to 10 vendors we are trying to keep it small since this is the first show we are doing.
The speaker is Laura Simmons.  We are flying her out all the way from Australia.
I am very excited to have her. Here is her talk she did at Macna last year:

Wow! Thank you for sharing this info! I'm hoping to get this weekend off :)

Ha! My Mini Cooper was so stuffed coming home that weekend after SEA-MAX [emoji38]

Thanks again!

1 minute ago, Reefishness said:

Wow! Thank you for sharing this info! I'm hoping to get this weekend off :)

Ha! My Mini Cooper was so stuffed coming home that weekend after SEA-MAX emoji38.png

Thanks again!

LOL you need a bigger car!  We are going to have some pretty amazing raffle prizes too. At our regular meetings we have given out mp40s, mp10s, gyres, red sea nanos. So definitely well worth the trip and my hope is we can make enough money to get the Boys and Girls Club a brand new tank.

• Like 1

LOL you need a bigger car!  We are going to have some pretty amazing raffle prizes too. At our regular meetings we have given out mp40s, mp10s, gyres, red sea nanos. So definitely well worth the trip and my hope is we can make enough money to get the Boys and Girls Club a brand new tank.

This is really great! Thanks Emerald! I hope to join you!

I'm also looking forward to to catching some PNWMAS group activities some time too! I've been in the hobby for 10 years and only recently joined the group :) See ya around!

Brian-

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Reefishness said:

This is really great! Thanks Emerald! I hope to join you!

I'm also looking forward to to catching some PNWMAS group activities some time too! I've been in the hobby for 10 years and only recently joined the group :) See ya around!

Brian-

Thanks for signing up and hope to see you soon! :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 8/25/2017 at 9:48 AM, Micksfish said:

Been keeping low on this forum but cant not post on this thread. Definitely will make the trip from Seattle for this meet up! 

Watched some of Laura's past presentations, she is a great speaker on a great topic. 

Awesome ! Yes she is and she has been traveling a great deal and tells me she has lots of new info to talk about !

• Haha 1