Jump to content
Emerald525

What raffle items do you want for the summer bbq August 13?

What would you like as a raffle item for August 13 meeting?  

28 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. What raffle items would you like to see at the August 13 barbecue?

    • Apex Wifi Controller
      5
    • All in one Red Sea Nano tank
      13
    • Reeffi LED
      6
    • Hanna Alk, Phos and Calcium checker
      5
    • Ecotech QD Mp10 or 40
      10
    • Maxspect Gyre
      10
    • Protein skimmer nano
      1
    • Protein skimmer rated for 200 gallons
      3
    • Other
      1

  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/01/2017 at 02:43 AM

Recommended Posts

So we have a budget of about 800 to 1000 dollars to get some really nice prizes! :clap:

What would you all like to see as raffle items? I posted up some thoughts but you can certainly comment about ideas. Remember if we get a big ticket item like the Apex Wifi, that's pretty much the entire budget and we could do that for a grand prize for all supporting members or have something else be the grand prize. Let me know your thoughts! This is your forum and your money!:peace:

spicegirls.png

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, stylaster said:

what i really really want is a trip to Fiji ;)

Dude this isn't Macna and are you offering this up for us?:clap:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Emerald525 said:

Dude this isn't Macna and are you offering this up for us?:clap:

I could get into a free trip to Fiji with a personal reef guide!  Thanks Roy! :yippee:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pdxmonkeyboy said:

What i want is to never have a spice girls song in my head. :cryingfit:

Ha ha you know you love it! :clap: I wanna I wanna I wanna really really really wanna zig a zig ahhh  Just don't do that while doing a water change you will electrocute yourself...:shock:

1 hour ago, caolewis said:

g4 pro

What is that? :unsure: Is it camera related>  I could certainly look into it but will not get the discount that I can from reef related items....:)

1 hour ago, Zoolander said:

But which one was your favorite? I was kinda partial to Posh. 

Sporty Spice was my favorite!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A few Gyres would be nice. More stuff to support the tank. Not the whole tank. Some are not expecting to set up a new after that day.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TheClark said:

zigga - zig - ah?

 

I'm starting to worry a bit about you Jeremy...

Is it wrong that I didn't pay enough attention to the Spice Girls to have a favorite?

BTW Kim - gopros are the compact, motion stabilized video cameras that many thrill junkies such as sky divers, motocross riders, skate boarders, etc. use to document their death-defying feats.  Maybe Tom is trying to tell us something here.  Either that or he really wants a gift certificate to go4pro which appears to be a professional narration company - maybe do a voiceover for a video of his SPS collection? :peace:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, albertareef said:

I'm starting to worry a bit about you Jeremy...

Is it wrong that I didn't pay enough attention to the Spice Girls to have a favorite?

BTW Kim - gopros are the compact, motion stabilized video cameras that many thrill junkies such as sky divers, motocross riders, skate boarders, etc. use to document their death-defying feats.  Maybe Tom is trying to tell us something here.  Either that or he really wants a gift certificate to go4pro which appears to be a professional narration company - maybe do a voiceover for a video of his SPS collection? :peace:

okay I thought it might be a go pro but too many abbreviations. :) 

And yes Sean it is Sooo wrong you didn't have a favorite spice girl! You have to pick one now or no raffles for you! :nooo:

 

Oh and I changed it so people can vote on more than one thing. I meant to do that sorry....:booboo:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Emerald525 said:

And yes Sean it is Sooo wrong you didn't have a favorite spice girl! You have to pick one now or no raffles for you! :nooo:

Uh oh... off to do some research :shock:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

A few Gyres would be nice. More stuff to support the tank. Not the whole tank. Some are not expecting to set up a new after that day.

 

(on topic for a moment - yeah, surprising I know)

I also like the Gyre idea as it is something a lot of folk might be interested in trying out as a replacement for more traditional power heads but come at a steep enough price that they (ok, I) can't justify it if they have working gear.

Of mixed emotions on the tank.  Winning one could put someone over the top for experimenting with a seahorse or other specimen tank but it is a bit of a commitment. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, albertareef said:

(on topic for a moment - yeah, surprising I know)

I also like the Gyre idea as it is something a lot of folk might be interested in trying out as a replacement for more traditional power heads but come at a steep enough price that they (ok, I) can't justify it if they have working gear.

Of mixed emotions on the tank.  Winning one could put someone over the top for experimenting with a seahorse or other specimen tank but it is a bit of a commitment. 

 

Yes I would like to try out a gyre too and I like sasquatch's idea of just having some smaller items so things like:

test kits

net

magnetic cleaner

skimmer

sand?

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Emerald who picks the dates for the meetings.  I have such a tough choice.  Last weeks was on my wife's birthday.  So I missed that. Now the one for august lands on mine.  :(. For someone new like me any equipment won in a raffle is a bonus and appreciated.  I have noticed the raffle prizes given out are all nice.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Swampy said:

Emerald who picks the dates for the meetings.  I have such a tough choice.  Last weeks was on my wife's birthday.  So I missed that. Now the one for august lands on mine.  :(. For someone new like me any equipment won in a raffle is a bonus and appreciated.  I have noticed the raffle prizes given out are all nice.  

A lot of it has to do with who is hosting and what is going to work best for them.  We were going to have this a week later but then I was reminded that that was the Eclipse weekend and that traffic could be horrendous. We try to alternate Saturday and Sunday but that can not always be helped.  You should come though! I will make the same deal as I did for Sean's wife and I will buy you a raffle ticket!

Is there anything in particular you were thinking about for a raffle prize?

I would have gone for Saturday the 12th but Sirena (our cook and hostess with the mostess) is going skydiving for the first time that day and we cant do the last weekend because we will be out of town.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really appreciate the consideration to have the grand prize be available to all supporting members.  Its so tough with my summer work schedule to even consider leaving town.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Emerald525 said:

 

Yes I would like to try out a gyre too and I like sasquatch's idea of just having some smaller items so things like:

test kits

net

magnetic cleaner

skimmer

sand?

I wonder if some starter and/or maintenance kits would be appealing?  We could put together some smaller items to make a nice package.  It would be worthwhile enough to invest a ticket but maybe oriented toward someone just getting started or thinking about it to get them over the hump. We could even try and come up with some more specialized packages as well - maybe a coral propagation one with cutters, plugs, glue and dips or something?  Just throwing out ideas. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Emerald.  The timing is just my luck. 

All raffle prizes are good.  I like seeing the pictures and the comradeship of the gatherings.  All of the suggestions the group has would make me happy.  It seems like not matter how long you have been in the hobby you can always use new things.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great ideas keep them coming ! I like the idea of a prolongation package and just a little starter kit. 

Maybe get a few heaters and Maxijefs too those are always handy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Zoolander said:

But which one was your favorite? I was kinda partial to Posh. 

I can still hold on to a tiny bit of self respect by admitting that the only spice girl I knew of was sporty spice.  Was there a slutty spice?  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, pdxmonkeyboy said:

I can still hold on to a tiny bit of self respect by admitting that the only spice girl I knew of was sporty spice.  Was there a slutty spice?  

 

Well if you take a closer look at the picture.. I think you would be hard pressed to single out one of them for that title...:happy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh, thats the spice girls!!   For some reason I thought it was a valtrex advertisement. 

FWW.. i think a gyre would be a geat raffle item!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×