August Annual BBQ! Swap Meet and Raffles Galore!!

Emerald525

2 minutes ago, albertareef said:

Sorry you couldn't make it Scott. At least I didn't save you beer this time ?

Its all good as I have had a few already and grilling some bird, peppers and corn on the cob right now............

Was stuck today as I wanted to get out but it was a no go...........maybe next time.

• Like 1

My first time attending a BBQ/meet and I must say, "what took me so long?!"

The spread was awesome! I finally was able to sample the famous ribs that Serena 'qued up and it did not disappoint! They weren't no cheesy little baby backs either! The crab legs, OMG, fresh and yummy for sure! There were other great dishes, as well! Great assortment of brews to boot!

I was able to finally put some of the names to the faces after all these years of being on the forum. It was great to meet you all!

Kim, was and is a great host for sure! Had a great time talking about 'da Boyz! I have good vibes for them this year! I'm still a bit jelly about you and Serena going to their home opener. [emoji12]

Unfortunately, I left empty handed from the raffle but, I went home with fun memories, new friends, a full belly and a slight buzz[emoji12], haha.

Thank you, Kim and Serena!

3066e8ca4c5f1bdbb96667a1711a351b.jpgec028f8862e61d171cbaf6f3c03376e2.jpg7ae2ceca940c2dc51d0120d1c84a9f39.jpg35c2f2055e692b3235f71e959d5af1d1.jpge64285fe1816946fdcc10b2dcdbe9e75.jpg813323db121c70c7f433161167b8e755.jpg49abc0d03bc2e1429ee2741b8f6e8b0a.jpg0be44429e9525b9e142c2e196d005c30.jpge77669c8c90712beb567ceed936586d0.jpg044bec7fd8f4d9f19949e20ee2075c45.jpgdd2cee2840d78a7725e4213ad2ccc529.jpgbfb78e57442fb0dca5a6e1dc6bd49875.jpg7a7604b5fe7afcbb2d87a25c748a5d40.jpgc95762c1d69e44f4544c5f17582c33b7.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• Like 5

Dodge it was great to meet you! It was nice to meet a fellow Cowboys fan!  Sirena is humble but she has mastered the art of rib cooking! It was a great turn out and lots of great prizes!

Kai your son Aaron was a great raffle prize drawer as well too! He was a lot of fun!

And yes Jeremy thanks for the crab! What a nice surprise! Thanks all for coming. I agree lots of smiles and positive vibes. I never seem to get more than a word in edgewise with someone before I have to run off to do something else.

Also those who stayed to clean up it was much appreciated !

• Like 2

Well Shoot, I just upoaded a few dozen pictures in another thread I was starting but I will consolidate them here for one single pic heavy thread.

Usually there is a bit of order to my pictures but this time things got posted a little off...Which is okay s this BBQ meeting was all casual. Just eat and socialize until raffle time.

And when raffle time came it was big.

SAM_2669.JPG

Willapa and family won  killer reef tank supply kit. Get that little girl to help with some maintenance early on, just don't let her feed the fish until she is a little older. I know from first hand experience and kids feeding fish...Grilled cheeses, fruitloops, and tortillas.

SAM_2623.JPG

I think everyone had a good time, once people started talking with one another it got contagious as was the laughter. This is what gatherings like these should be like.

SAM_2609.JPG

Squipupus is new to the reefing game so what better place for the refractometer to go to, I would be excited too, mine is permanently off by .02 so I am always shooting for 1.027...But it sure beats using those little plastic hydrometers you have to rinse out all the time.

SAM_2627.JPG

Happy winner of the Hanna Alkalinity checker. These things are super easy and pretty accurate from my experience, remember to rinse the vials in RO though.

SAM_2671.JPG

WHAT WHAT! Another appropriate win, Roy is always getting his Frag On! Cut one for me my man.

SAM_2673.JPG

This little guy did a fantastic job of designated raffle ticket drawer... Is that a title, I think it is now. He never did pull that 155.

SAM_2676.JPG

The winner of the Gyre 230, that should solve any unwanted dead spots in that 40, or when you get a larger tank you can turn it up some and be just as good.

SAM_2683.JPG

Now here is a happy man, taking home the Gyre and a Hanna Alk checker! Whoop Whoop!!!

Can't You Just Feel The Love!?

SAM_2692.JPG

Lets hear it for Albertareef!!!

SAM_2690.JPG

Now that the pics are already posted I think I am going to juts leave them here, Albertareef won the members only raffle and is doing the happy dance, and who could blame him?

SAM_2703.JPG

Look at this thing, the sleek nano everyone is talking about! Looks like you need to make room for another tank my friend. This one could be that specialty tank you have been wanting, they sure make good seahorse tanks yeah.

SAM_2713.JPG

Two of our newest members Kai and Aaron, welcome aboard man, we have a great crew here that's for sure.

SAM_2572.JPG

Emerald, Danlu, Grassi, mingling in with the kitchen crowd. I made several passes that way but photo angles where rough without me intruding on other folks personal space. And you wouldn't want that.

SAM_2553.JPG

As mentioned in the intro thread, the raffle table was LOADED!!! Not a thing up there I wouldn't mind having...Although my wife would disagree on the tank, unless maybe it went her way ;)

SAM_2516.JPG

Trailerman having a chat with Willapa about all things aquarium, NO not the meeting at All thing aquarium next month in Willsonville, but just aquarium related stuff...Sheesh. I had to leave these two cute kids in the right corner, getting an ear full of aquarium chatter they are still just doing their thing.

SAM_2469.JPG

Presidente greeting OptimusPrime at the door, Kim is a great host as is Sirena. Prim here brought some goodies too along with some brews, he is a pretty cool cat too.

SAM_2495.JPG

Reefer Madness taking that top down look into Emeralds frag tank. I swear she just set this thing up but it is filled up. I know I saw several things I gotta have, all in good time.

SAM_2456.JPG

I know I might get a little flak on picture quality on this one but I did not get many pictures of these two here. Gill&fin on the left and Bicyclebil on the right. Barely got to talk to either this time as there was so many conversations going on at the same time. Would love to check out your tanks again sometime soon. Sounds like you are gettign some really nice fish Gill&fin and Bill I may need to hit you up for some of that indomitable Undata sometime.

SAM_2577.JPG

Albertareef and Higherthinking, talking big tanks no doubt..Come t think of it I need an upgrade :laugh:   These two are acquiring some pretty nice colored sticks last time I heard, maybe we can work out a frag exchange here in the not too distant future. I know I am going nowhere Fast. And Andrew I will cut a piece of a few acros for you and tuck them away for out next meet up.

SAM_2541.JPG

I Love this picture! Sasquaattch on the left and Stylaster explaining coral behavior to Squidipus. Roy sure knows a thing or two and has some experience to share thats for sure. I forgot to ask you about the new lowboys at Pacific Corals.

SAM_2453.JPG

Jeremyevans caught a large number of dungenous crabs and generously shared them with all of us at the BBQ. They were delicious. And just as a heads up, you should be able to snap that frag base off the lepto plug with some wire cutter dykes then glue it down to any rock you want.

SAM_2494.JPG

Flashyfins and Sasquatch in the back. Missed chatting with you Cherany, did you end up snagging that little guy Roy had? I know you have some interesting fish in your new 20.

SAM_2482.JPG

Another new member joined us, Squidipus. Make sure to keep that Xenia at bay form other rocks and corals once you find where you want it. And if it gives you trouble just BURN IT with Kalkwasser/calcium hydroxide. And tell Sasquatch to give you one of those red mushrooms when he has one free.

SAM_2520.JPG

Gumby here, I like this guy. Coral head with good taste. He also helps with the boys and girls club tank in Vancouver as well as giving us a some inside connections on our meetings there. Thanks Jim.

SAM_2511.JPG

Vance up on the deck, talking about a possible frag tank? I know when you have  a larger aquarium it can be difficult to place tiny frags in there and not get them lost when fish, snails, hermits, and urchins are just rolling through the reef like they run the joint. Maybe you can have your cake and eat it too kinda thing, grow those corals out on rocks n the shallow tank then bring em on over to the large reef.

SAM_2475.JPG

Another good picture, Papa Willapa Trevor, nice looking family here. Nice getting to talk with you for the brief moment it was. Maybe I will see you next meet and we can pick up on our conversations yeah?

SAM_2433.JPG

Our club treasurer Mr.Bret. This guy is one busy dude. He runs two businesses does reef tanks, and has a family at home. In his little spare time he runs our books here at PNWMS and is also working on our incredible upcoming Frag Fest. Much appreciated man, wish I could have told you in person but you were gone before I knew it. I will go by the shop Paradise Corals next time I am in that area.

SAM_2423.JPG

Stylaster! I Agree! Two Thumbs Up! This shindig is hopping! If I had known you were coming I would have seen if you would have brought me something. I only came with a  few things you probably already had or I had already promised someone. There will be a next time though, Oh Yes, there will be a next time.

SAM_2426.JPG

Squatch Knows! Rocking some new scnerey in his current reef tank. Mostly gorgonian themed, it seems this time around he is only after the finest of zoas, can't have those rampant growth variants when real estate is prime. I will see about setting aside some slow growers for you.

SAM_2591.JPG

Grassi and...Other Grassi. Glad you two made it over. There are people here from at least 3 different terms here at PNWMAS, in the past this guy here did some time serving our club as well. It is great to have people that stick with our crew for years and years. I think it really says something about us.

SAM_2584.JPG

FME! It's a full house for sure! And here I as worried that I wouldn't have enough good company. I could talk to the people in this one room for the whole weekend and still not be board. Gonna get my reef on!

SAM_2550.JPG

AND SO MUCH CRAB :drool:  Probably my favorite food that comes from the sea so it was a treat for me, time to put the camera down and get messy, ribs and dungenous crab here I come!

SAM_2549.JPG

I mean look at this spread!!!  Corn casserole,potato salad, fruit salad, melpns,crab, ribs, salmon, chips, beer, and then some.

SAM_2510.JPG

This here is what Mike was looking at, top down frag tank goodness. I think you need to trim those colonies back into frags Kim.

SAM_2508.JPG

And  that T-5 you got is rocking some pretty nice colors, corals are popping.

SAM_2442.JPG

The Seahorse tank is also looking stacked! Getting that gorgonian action going on, a few months and this one will be getting full.

SAM_2436.JPG

Hmm, maybe I should have left out the picture with the gloves but its already here so hey :huh: 

But really here is one of our awesome hosts Sirena prepping part of the days meal here. She did a fantastic job on "manning" the grill and keeping things in order. Thank you so much Sirena and Kim for letting us into your home and for providing such  great atmosphere. It truly was a splendid time.

• Like 7

Thanks for all the great pics @Optimusprime3605 and @badxgillen!  I hope we get the traditional blow by blow recap to go along with them... one of my favorite parts of the meetings (no pressure Bert).  Guess it wasn't too hard to get some good reaction pics for the raffle this time around (sorry, got a little excited). :clap:

Thanks again for hosting and cooking Kim and Sirena!  You guys always come through with a great atmosphere and really make everyone feel welcome - be it newbies or old timers.  Much appreciated.  Wish we would have gotten there earlier so we had more time to mingle (and eat more ribs, crab, fruit, etc., etc.).  Great time!

Great pictures Bert but like Sean said your commentary is missed! Again thanks Dodge (and the potato salad) and Bert for taking such great pictures!

Also thanks Bert for the 500 efflo frag! I had been looking for one for a while..

Thanks Sirena for all the hard work and for your exceptional culinary skill. The ribs were smoked to perfection!

Thanks Holly for making out the bags and getting most of the raffle items !

Thanks jeremevans for bringing the crab!

Thanks to Sasquatch for the awesome corn casserole!  Thanks to others who brought food as well I just missed it when you came in !

Thanks Paradise Corals for the great deal on the Red Sea nano! Quite a prize to win Sean!

Thanks to the rest of the board and officers! You are a great team to work with!

Shout out to Kai new supporting member and his son Aaron who was a great raffle ticket puller.

We had a great turnout as usual and plan on hosting again in the summer if all you don't get tired of her ribs!

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, badxgillen said:

Super sorry folks, had an emergency work call and must have hit the post button on the computer when I left, I will get these sorted out in a few minutes. Although it is kinda funny the order the computer decided to put the pictures up.

Indeed... I was wondering about that!  I am anxious to see a caption for the one with Sirena putting on the latex lab gloves...

• Like 2

One last shout out to Kim and the rest of the crew for putting together such an awesome collection of raffle items for this event.  Between the starter kits, refractometer, frag supplies, gyres and Red Sea Nano there was really something everyone could use.  Super excited to come home with the nano which is likely to become Darcy's new seahorse tank once we figure out a spot for it.  Since I dragged her there on her b-day I figure it should really go to her anyway.  I think she is pretty excited... she mentioned that she was going to use "Max Nano" as her screen name on the forum so I take that as a good sign :yippee:

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, albertareef said:

One last shout out to Kim and the rest of the crew for putting together such an awesome collection of raffle items for this event.  Between the starter kits, refractometer, frag supplies, gyres and Red Sea Nano there was really something everyone could use.  Super excited to come home with the nano which is likely to become Darcy's new seahorse tank once we figure out a spot for it.  Since I dragged her there on her b-day I figure it should really go to her anyway.  I think she is pretty excited... she mentioned that she was going to use "Max Nano" as her screen name on the forum so I take that as a good sign :yippee:

That's awesome! Red Sea saved the day and they do make awesome seahorse tanks!

• Like 2