Gas versus Diesel Looking for car advice

Emerald525

59 minutes ago, Flash21 said:

I'd love to stick with VW.   The last 15 months I have dropped well over 8 k in my  ? Box  

Im do for DEQ in September and check engine light is on now...that's another 1kplus. 

Wish someone would drive my B5 Wagon off a cliff!   

Cmon man! Debate may continue and while I agree with VWs please don't go around the language filter :nono: :shock: Now back to our regularly scheduled program!  ?

IMG_0229.JPG

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chewie said:

350k miles on my F350. Still runs like a champ.

Ford, Chevy and Dodge are all great vehicles. The problem with any vehicle is the people who drive them...

I have  never understand Ford haters. They're as bad as Raider fans!?

Well at least you knew better than to say Cowboys fans.? I do agree that they are all decent trucks.  I loved my brother's Ford Ranger. My dad has a nice F150 even though he was always a Chevy person. We had a yellow Suburban that lasted for years and rolled over many times. I considered the Tundra as well as they are rated too in their class for reliability and I no very little about fixing cars. The Tacoma was known for reliability as well for years but when I looked the newer models were not as reliable .  

I have worked in the automotive industry for 13 years now, collision repair. We have had several of the diesel Colorados in the shop and they are very impressive.  The diesel is the only way to go with American made trucks.  If you want true reliability and a vehicle that will hold its resale value get a Toyota.  Toyotas are bulletproof. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Oregonic said:

I have worked in the automotive industry for 13 years now, collision repair. We have had several of the diesel Colorados in the shop and they are very impressive.  The diesel is the only way to go with American made trucks.  If you want true reliability and a vehicle that will hold its resale value get a Toyota.  Toyotas are bulletproof. 

I agree Toyota makes great cars but since towing is the main reason I'm getting this truck the 2000lbs more that the Colorado can do and with the diesel availability I'm sold.?

• Like 2

12 hours ago, chewie said:

350k miles on my F350. Still runs like a champ.

Ford, Chevy and Dodge are all great vehicles. The problem with any vehicle is the people who drive them...

I have  never understand Ford haters. They're as bad as Raider fans!?

Wait a second!  Did you just throw shade at Raiders fans!!!  Well, I guess we sort of deserve it after so many years of futility.  But hey - we are back baby!!!

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, albertareef said:

Wait a second!  Did you just throw shade at Raiders fans!!!  Well, I guess we sort of deserve it after so many years of futility.  But hey - we are back baby!!!

Are you licking corals again :tongue: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Emerald525 said:

Soooo back to our regular scheduled program. What's the maintenance like in these models ?

You sure about that :laugh: 

Anyway diesels usually hold more oil since that's what makes them work.....so oil change will be a few more dollars....I am sure they take a bigger filter also......fuel filters are a must also since diesel is not as refined as gas......I have never even seen the Colorado so.......my biggest issue with any diesel is that the vehicle it self is falling apart just when the motor gets broke in :laugh: diesels run forever but the other parts well...........

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spectra said:

You sure about that :laugh: 

Anyway diesels usually hold more oil since that's what makes them work.....so oil change will be a few more dollars....I am sure they take a bigger filter also......fuel filters are a must also since diesel is not as refined as gas......I have never even seen the Colorado so.......my biggest issue with any diesel is that the vehicle it self is falling apart just when the motor gets broke in :laugh: diesels run forever but the other parts well...........

Well... is there anything different I need to do with a diesel versus gas? I know the oil change happens every 6 or 7k miles .

Deisel is the only way to go! Not familiar with colorados drivetrain and engine but deisel reliability and efficiency is bar none! Just add a tune and roll some coal! Lol jk but really you will not be disappointed plus deisels hold there value forever because they go forever!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 503reefland said:

Deisel is the only way to go! Not familiar with colorados drivetrain and engine but deisel reliability and efficiency is bar none! Just add a tune and roll some coal! Lol jk but really you will not be disappointed plus deisels hold there value forever because they go forever!

I'm very happy with my decision, thanks all for the input! I plan on this being the last new car I purchase so good to hear they go forever!

24 minutes ago, Sirena said:

So now that we got the gangs input and have made our purchase..... when are we doing a group camp out??? :cheer:

That would be so fun! Great idea!