Will trade frags to borrow fishing gear

Sirena

Hey all

I need a favor. Kim and I are going camping next weekend and she really wants to learn to fish and I would love to teach her except I don't have any fishing gear anymore. Anyone have some basic gear we can borrow?? Probably looking at mostly light weight trout stuff :)

Will trade frags to borrow your gear!

[emoji8][emoji226]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I can hook you up ;) but the logisitics is the issue................well maybe not just remembered I need to head out tomorrow.......now I just figure out where its at :laugh:    

You home tomorrow or ? I may be that way on the 4th to but not sure.

11 minutes ago, spectra said:

I can hook you up ;) but the logisitics is the issue................well maybe not just remembered I need to head out tomorrow.......now I just figure out where its at :laugh:    

You home tomorrow or ? I may be that way on the 4th to but not sure.

Awww Scott of course you would be the one to come through. Sirena will be off tomorrow and we are both off Tuesday. 

16 minutes ago, Emerald525 said:

Awww Scott of course you would be the one to come through. Sirena will be off tomorrow and we are both off Tuesday. 

No problem the stuff is old and may need new line as I think the last time it was used was aver 10 years ago........the kid didn't like fishing much so........

6 minutes ago, spectra said:

No problem the stuff is old and may need new line as I think the last time it was used was aver 10 years ago........the kid didn't like fishing much so........

Well Sirena was going to buy poles but I figured I should actually see if I like it before we bought a bunch of stuff we may never use again. 

And old is fine. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Emerald525 said:

Well Sirena was going to buy poles but I figured I should actually see if I like it before we bought a bunch of stuff we may never use again. 

And old is fine. 

yeah but for trout they are not expensive at all. But these will work just fine. now get into some salmon stuff and well :laugh:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, spectra said:

yeah but for trout they are not expensive at all. But these will work just fine. now get into some salmon stuff and well :laugh:

Good to know. I suppose it's like any other hobby. You can spend less than a 100 or a thousand dollars.

• Like 1

If things with Scott fall through, I have fishing stuff too! My family loves fishing so we could set you up with some gear. Only part is I'm down a little south of Salem lol.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Paratore said:

If things with Scott fall through, I have fishing stuff too! My family loves fishing so we could set you up with some gear. Only part is I'm down a little south of Salem lol.

Thanks Cody!! I think Scott has us covered. I knew it wouldn't take long for people to come through on here !! Such a great community.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, spectra said:

Well did you catch anything yet ?

We need pics of the said fishing/camping trip.........or are you just hanging out in the AC at QFC and picking up a fish from the seafood department :laugh:

Ha ha didn't catch anything as I don't think this was the best spot for fish and besides even if it was I probably wouldn't have. It was fun though !! The only thing I caught was the crawdad in the first picture !! Thanks again for the poles. You have new fishing line for them !IMG_0216.JPG

IMG_0211.JPGIMG_0212.JPGIMG_0214.JPGIMG_0213.JPGIMG_0215.JPG

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, albertareef said:

Crawfish are tastey!  Looks like fun - glad you got the gear wet even if you didn't catch anything. The ambiance of the river is always the draw for me anyway. 

Yes it was nice just being out in the water and sitting by the fire at night. I let the little guy go!

• Like 2

Dang that's not camping :laugh: 

I used to love to fish for crawdads.......a good salmon steak on some line and could bring in at least 6 at a time.......when I was younger I would go salmon fishing every day after school........I got so burnt out on fish and well to this day I only eat Halibut..........

Its the relaxing that counts...........and well if you liked it keep the gear for he next trip I am not using it......

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, spectra said:

Dang that's not camping :laugh: 

I used to love to fish for crawdads.......a good salmon steak on some line and could bring in at least 6 at a time.......when I was younger I would go salmon fishing every day after school........I got so burnt out on fish and well to this day I only eat Halibut..........

Its the relaxing that counts...........and well if you liked it keep the gear for he next trip I am not using it......

Yeah I used to catch crawdads all the time. We used bacon for bait. They are not very bright and easy to catch. 

Sean I have never eaten crawdads. It looks like it would be a lot of work for very little meat. 

That's funny you don't like salmon. When I moved up here it seemed like it was a requirement to like salmon and ditch the corona for craft beer!

And thanks for the gear !! I still owe you a frag for borrowing it!

• Like 1

Crawdads aren't that bad...............break off the tail and suck the head :shock:  yeah salmon to me anymore just doesn't cut it...........

Beer is beer to me...........I do like my craft beer but cheap beer is always ok to me.........I am not a beer snob as much as I used to be :laugh:

• Like 1