June 2017 TPA BBQ Meeting Pictures

badxgillen

Yesterdays June Meeting BBQ was another awesome event!

Such a good venue and turn out of people, the sponsors of our club are such gracious hosts and Garett is no exception. There was lots of fish, corals, and inverts stocked up and conveniently a very enticing deal of buy 2 get one free on all livestock making it difficult to leave without a new addition to the tanks. I mean, make a trip out of town so might as well snag something while your there am I right!?

Anyhow, for those of you who did not attend the June meeting out at The Premium Aquarium out in Salem here is a little recap of some of the good times had yesterday and some pictures to go with them...We wished you were here. 

Garett had the TPA crew in Full Effect! Everyone of his team was busy bagging and tagging or ringing out keeping up with the pace.

SAM_0721.JPG

All while keeping a cool and collected demeanor, Sometimes it looks like you all are actually having fun at work!? I am going to tell the owner next time I see him. But really, your good attitudes make it a much better atmosphere to shop in.

SAM_0760.JPG

SAM_0715.JPG

You all are great at your jobs, keep up the good work and we will all keep coming back. Corals and tanks were looking pretty spot on, seeing some nice growth in a couple of the aquariums since i had last visited. And the rimless systems are Sleek!

SAM_0714.JPG

Need a little Acro love? This is such a nice display, lookin good my friends.

SAM_0707.JPG

Lookin goooood.

After being greeted by the TPA staff some of the first faces I see are some old familiar friends.

SAM_0704.JPG

Loooks like some of the Washington crew made it South to hang with some of us Oregonians. Stylaster and Gumby here in the front but you probably already knew that. Very cool cats who have a definite coral growing thumb. I apologize for not catching the name of the gentleman in the back but he was also from up north and had commented about how nice this Salem store was, so we were certainly in agreement.

SAM_0745.JPG

Paratore here bringing some pretty interesting shroomage for the impromtu frag swap. Sorry I didn't bring anything to trade man, I was originally not going to come but the night before I made peace with my inner aquarium demons and agreed with them to go to the meeting. Next time my man.

SAM_0927.JPG

Sasquatch! Thank you So much for the gorgonian, It was more like a colony than a frag. It is in my acclimation tank but it will most likely end up with the seahorses. You Da Man! Hit me up for some zoa goodness anytime my friend.

SAM_0740.JPG

One of our newest Board member additions Albertareef and his wife drove from Portland. Good to see you two again, for some reason I thought you lived in Washington but now that I know you are a little closer maybe we can find some time one day to actually get out to one another's houses. I live another 40 minutes from where this meeting was so not Too far from you.

SAM_0821.JPG

A few steps further in I see Kassah, checking out the coral colonies. long time no see man, glad you made it to the meeting, sorry I got wrapped up in the crowd of people and didn't make rounds your way. Maybe next month at the Marine Hatfield Science Center Tour?

SAM_0812.JPG

Highschool Reefer looking for that single jewel to catch the eye and then swoop it up. Sounds like your tank is coming along just fine, maybe sometime we can do a trade or two. I have some hammers and frog spawns that could be trimmed a little. No torches right now though, my other Euphyllia took my Glabrescens down.

SAM_0820.JPG

Exodus was another person I don't get to see at a meeting too often but here he is, another person who is on the steady path to a killer system. Sounded to me like it was about time for an impressive upgrade. In the works I know, but still, it sounds like it will be a nice system with a killer sump and equipment. Hit me up if you need a hand with something yeah.

SAM_0917.JPG

Kireek and KKnight here chatting reef no doubt. I saw a nice chalice and lobo you snagged Kireek but didn't see KKnight's loot, I bet both of your tanks are too full for more coral but we always find room for just one more frag right? Happy you were able to make it, the more good folks out the better.

SAM_0836.JPG

SharkLover and DarkAngel, very nice to meet you two. Looking forward to seeing what you end up making in your custom acrylic tank in tank. I mean Who doesn't like seeing corals and sharks...Maybe you can work that snowflake in there somehow too.

SAM_0822.JPG

ReeferMadness and his wife Dominique looking for some eye candy for their tanks at home, you don't have to look far here. I kinda want one of those electric flame scallops for our seahorse tank now too. I mean I we are already feeding the horses so why not?

SAM_0930.JPG

I loved this picture of TPA owner Garett sharing some of his vast experience and knowledge with a new customer and Jim on the right just grinning about a different subject going on in one of the other many friendly reefer conversations going around at the same time. There was just the right atmosphere and the right people to make a recipe for social success! Love it!

SAM_0731.JPG

Kim and Serena where most of the muscle and legwork on this meeting so I have to give a big shout out to these two! You two girls Rock! Your quite the team, we all appreciate it very much. I am going to see about getting y'all a raise, I you don't get payed enough ;)

SAM_0763.JPG

Everybody really enjoyed the food and accommodations, for a hot day everything worked out really well. That Serena could open a catering business Easy!

SAM_0784.JPG

Emerald getting some tickets to throw down on some prizes...Wait a minute!? Tickets?

SAM_0839.JPG

OH SHOOT!!! I think its Raffle Time Already!

• Like 9

Love the pics and recap Bert - you are the best!  I was pretty impressed with the turnout given the weather - glad so many folk braved the heat to come in and enjoy all the hospitality provided by Garret and his crew as well as all the work Kim and Sirena put in.  Sure I am forgetting some others here but great job all!

• Like 1

Thanks Garrett!! Your shop is always fun to visit and you have a great crew working for you !! Sirena loves her feather duster! 

I always love you write ups and there were a lot of new faces and we signed up a few more members thanks to Garrett's generous deals!!

It was a great time and we got a really good group!!

• Like 1

I thought the turnout was pretty good too but yet not too crowded.

When it did come to the raffle time, 3:00 was the final hour too announce the winners of the June meet.

SAM_0849.JPG

Usually Holly and Kim have the honors of doing the raffle drawing but this time there was a rotation of the people drawing the tickets just to shake things up a bit and have a little fun.

SAM_0878.JPG

A $50 Premium Aquarium Certificate went home with Holly I believe...Actually I am pretty sure is got spent before her departure but thats okay. I know there was plenty to choose from.

SAM_0866.JPG

This man here, Jeremevans, was the surprised winner of the Bubble Magus Dosing pump!

SAM_0886.JPG

Here we have Exodus pulling the winning ticket for the MP40 circulation pump and Guess Who is holding the winning ticket on this one?

SAM_0892.JPG

Serena!!! She got the Echotech awesomeness that is the Vortech!!! Put that bad boy to good use yeah.

And the final BIG prize on the raffle list was the Apex...

SAM_0898.JPG

Wait!? What!? Who!?

SAM_0902.JPG

Although Serena was holding the winning ticket it was Zoolander who took home the gold.

SAM_0934.JPG

I believe Kim and Holly helped the Apex get to Richard and I know he is Stoked!

Some heavy duty raffle prizes here so there was alot of tickets to compete with in the drawings, I still had to throw down cause if you don't play you can't win...This time I just played. Better luck next time to all who entered.

And Now for some more pictures of the gathering, please feel free to add to the thread if you have some interesting photos to share with us all.

But First A BIG THANK YOU To President Emerald, First Lady Sirena, Treasurer MrBret, Secratary Miles, Vendors Relation Lexinverts, and our wonderful Board of Directors Gill&Fin, KKnight, AlbertaReef, FlashyFins, Jorge, Premium Aquarium, And Zoolander...And out tech staff The Chief and The Clark. Your guys and gals are a great team, keep up the good work yeah!

Now since the shop was looking so good

SAM_0751.JPG

We will start it off with some HOT coral action!

SAM_0782.JPG

Chalice colonies just oozing bright colors.

SAM_0819.JPG

Catalaphyllia just doing their thing and looking just Elegant!

SAM_0780.JPG

Reds,Blues, and Greens all around us, it was difficult to resist such temptation!

SAM_0708.JPG

Even the SPS game was strong in some of the tanks, colored sticks for ALL!!!

SAM_0726.JPG

How about a drool worthy Lobo!? They got em!

SAM_0706.JPG

And don't tell me you need an acan frag, they got colonies here for days!

SAM_0786.JPG

Some of the folks kinda trickled in during the BBQ so I did not get to "meet and greet" everyone, my apologies.

SAM_0809.JPG

Total overhaul on the Deep Dimension Display in the front of the building. I am sure this tank has some grand plans in store for it, I sense and acropora dense reef in the works.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Higher Thinking said:

Thanks for the update, my friend! Sorry I couldn't make it out to see all of y'all, unfortunately I had some other stuff in the works. Looks like another great adventure at TPA!

Catch you next time, Robert!

We missed you Andrew!  It was surprisingly pleasant in the shop even though it broke 100 outside. Plenty of motivation to just hang out, shop and converse with some fellow reefers. Oh yeah, and eat some tasty BBQ curtesy of Sirena who manned the grill outside the entire time (thanks again!).

Next time!