New frag system build

mattv

Thought I would share some photos of the new build. Finally decided it was time to upgrade the frag system and change up the dark dank part of my basement where I spend most of my time. Cabinets built by Brian67 and tanks and sump by Envision. First pic is after the old tanks where pulled. More to come.......

20170610_180132.jpg

20170610_184550.jpg

20170612_160946.jpg

20170612_175828.jpg

20170613_184709.jpg

20170613_202033.jpg

Edited by mattv
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Paratore said:

Very nice! What LEDs are those that you're running? Model doesn't look familiar at all lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those are Rapid led onyx fixtures, some are going on 4 plus years now.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Willapa said:

Looks like a lab! Good idea in adding an exhaust fan. I have my setup in the basement and underestimated how much moisture it would pump into an already moist place, thinking about adding a fan myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had to add a second fan as one didn't keep up.

18 minutes ago, Higher Thinking said:

Looking good man! Are you going to run the Gyre pumps in that current location? Or are they going to flow end to end and they just happen to be positioned there for now?

Thanks and not sure on the gyre placement yet. Magnets are not holding thru the 1" acrylic very well.

Edited by mattv
Typo

Thanks and not sure on the gyre placement yet. Magnets are not holding thru the 1" acrylic very well.

That's too bad on the magnetic strength. But I would definitely say to run them with flow going the length of tanks. Way more than enough flow. Now getting them to stay positioned on the 1" acrylic? I'm not sure...

42 minutes ago, Higher Thinking said:

That's too bad on the magnetic strength. But I would definitely say to run them with flow going the length of tanks. Way more than enough flow. Now getting them to stay positioned on the 1" acrylic? I'm not sure...

Ya they sell these but after dropping over $500 on the heads I can't justify  $140 for two.

Screenshot_20170614-164416.png

• Like 1

Do you have the upgraded magnet? It sure helps and will solidly hold on 1.25

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk