Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
mattv

New frag system build

Recommended Posts

Thought I would share some photos of the new build. Finally decided it was time to upgrade the frag system and change up the dark dank part of my basement where I spend most of my time. Cabinets built by Brian67 and tanks and sump by Envision. First pic is after the old tanks where pulled. More to come.......

20170610_180132.jpg

20170610_184550.jpg

20170612_160946.jpg

20170612_175828.jpg

20170613_184709.jpg

20170613_202033.jpg

Edited by mattv
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is looking like a huge improvement.  Going to be a really nice setup - love the built in storage!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very nice! What LEDs are those that you're running? Model doesn't look familiar at all lol.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like a lab! Good idea in adding an exhaust fan. I have my setup in the basement and underestimated how much moisture it would pump into an already moist place, thinking about adding a fan myself.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking good man! Are you going to run the Gyre pumps in that current location? Or are they going to flow end to end and they just happen to be positioned there for now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Paratore said:

Very nice! What LEDs are those that you're running? Model doesn't look familiar at all lol.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those are Rapid led onyx fixtures, some are going on 4 plus years now.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Willapa said:

Looks like a lab! Good idea in adding an exhaust fan. I have my setup in the basement and underestimated how much moisture it would pump into an already moist place, thinking about adding a fan myself.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had to add a second fan as one didn't keep up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Higher Thinking said:

Looking good man! Are you going to run the Gyre pumps in that current location? Or are they going to flow end to end and they just happen to be positioned there for now?

Thanks and not sure on the gyre placement yet. Magnets are not holding thru the 1" acrylic very well.

Edited by mattv
Typo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Thanks and not sure on the gyre placement yet. Magnets are not holding thru the 1" acrylic very well.

That's too bad on the magnetic strength. But I would definitely say to run them with flow going the length of tanks. Way more than enough flow. Now getting them to stay positioned on the 1" acrylic? I'm not sure...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Higher Thinking said:


That's too bad on the magnetic strength. But I would definitely say to run them with flow going the length of tanks. Way more than enough flow. Now getting them to stay positioned on the 1" acrylic? I'm not sure...

Ya they sell these but after dropping over $500 on the heads I can't justify  $140 for two.

Screenshot_20170614-164416.png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's too bad on the magnetic strength. But I would definitely say to run them with flow going the length of tanks. Way more than enough flow. Now getting them to stay positioned on the 1" acrylic? I'm not sure...

Do you have the upgraded magnet? It sure helps and will solidly hold on 1.25

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you have the upgraded magnet? It sure helps and will solidly hold on 1.25

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk


If you're asking me, no I don't have that upgrade. I only have a 180 so I think it's 1/2". No problem using stock magnet.

But hey Matt! At least you get free shipping! :)
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got some of the lights wired, all will be controlled by the new Digital Aquatics Archon.

20170614_205249.jpg

20170615_211230.jpg

20170615_211342.jpg

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×