25 Lagoon

Flash21

So this will be a fast build 0-60 in 2 days. 

Daughter found a small Pin hole Leak in her 50. So we decided to downgrade to a 25 Lagoon. 

Thanks to Travis at Upscales for hooking me up on Tank and Stand Combo. 

Most of the Equipment from the 50 will be on the 25. 

2 AI Primes 

Tunze ATO 

Stock pump for the moment 

Corals

A ton of RFAs on there own island

plan is to have a Rock full of Sweepers Hammers Frogs etc 

We have a 20 Nuvo that has no skimmer...what are people's thoughts on a skimmer for the Nuvos? I was thinking about a Coral Box? 

Attached is a Pic of the 20 for reference  

IMG_8905.JPG

IMG_8906.JPG

IMG_8758.JPG

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Flash21 said:

We have a 20 Nuvo that has no skimmer...what are people's thoughts on a skimmer for the Nuvos? I was thinking about a Coral Box?

This should be a fun build to see! As for a skimmer in an AIO to be brutally honest, in my experience any skimmer you can fit in that is pretty much a waste of money. I have had AIO tanks for the last 7 years now, and they are made to run without skimmers relying on a steady schedule of Water Changes. I have done the Cad-Lights, Tunze, CoralLife, and Hydor variations. l found all of those are completely inconsistent, require constant adjustment, and dont pull a reliable amount of Skimmate out to make the fooling around worth it. Hence I am extremely excited to be finally getting a drilled tank with a sump again! Though another option to look at is InTank media Baskets, he makes some excellent products, and his Filter pad holders do an excellent job of pulling out excess waste.

To be honest I have never used a UV sterilizer before, so I wouldn't be of much help there. Though Ryan from BRS did a great video on them https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GncTmZqOIU

If you don't want to watch the entire vid start at 4:40 and watch those couple of minutes that might be the info your looking for :)

Edited by Exodus

I'm super jealous of those rock flowers!! I'm getting ready to start collecting a few, where's a good place to get them? Hopefully not too outrageously expensive lol. I have one red male and I know it's a male because it clowds my tank occasionally: ) I'd like some females at some point, I'm just trying to find a place that has them reasonably priced

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120AZ using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, Flash21 said:

Thanks Jorge... 

As meaning people know Jorge is the Best saleswomen on this side of Mississippi! 

Im glad you told me about that Tunze 6040...I'll let you know how I like it! 

Wow, Jorge.  There is so much I don't know about you.  It's all becoming clear, now.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Flash21 said:

Thanks Jorge... 

As meaning people know Jorge is the Best saleswomen on this side of Mississippi! 

Too funny!! 

Side note: Mississippi is crazy humid and tap water is horrible lol

2 hours ago, Flash21 said:

Thanks Jorge... 

This casts the whole vacuum thing in a whole new light.