Sign in to follow this  
EMeyer

Want to trade cuttlefish

I still have one of these dwarf cuttlefish for trade or sale. Theyre big now and eating shrimp so I value this at $50. I'd be open to trading for various reef related items

a low end skimmer

multiple coral frags

multiple cleaner shrimp

open to discussing other trades, if you have something to trade and want a cuttlefish, get in touch.

Seriously the coolest animal I've ever kept in an aquarium, but with 4 currently theyre eating me out of house and home :)

I bet "cuttlefish and corals" would be happy to take them!!

Wow those are neat, do you keep them in their own tank?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120AZ using Tapatalk

Yeah, I have a dedicated system for them. Macro algae, soft corals, and a few inverts theyll tolerate. Theyre eating live feeder minnows and shrimp, and occasionally frozen. 

32 minutes ago, EMeyer said:

Yeah, I have a dedicated system for them. Macro algae, soft corals, and a few inverts theyll tolerate. Theyre eating live feeder minnows and shrimp, and occasionally frozen. 

Are the feeder minnows from salt or brackish water? Or do you just throw freshwater minnows in the tank and hope they get eaten quickly?

Colby has a bunch of molly-type fish in with his seahorses in the 600 gallon system. I wonder if they would be easy to breed to use as feeders for the cuttlefish.

Andy

Freshwater minnows, fed one at a time to maximize attention per minnow. They dont live long in saltwater so I want to make sure they get eaten first. 

I agree, I've been thinking about acclimating some mollies and breeding those for food. Wonder how well they reproduce in full strength seawater...

On 6/3/2017 at 1:24 PM, EMeyer said:

Freshwater minnows, fed one at a time to maximize attention per minnow. They dont live long in saltwater so I want to make sure they get eaten first. 

I agree, I've been thinking about acclimating some mollies and breeding those for food. Wonder how well they reproduce in full strength seawater...

The world of wet pets sells mollies that are already fully acclimated to saltwater and they're only like $3, they breed like crazy so I'm sure you wouldn't have any problems