Marineland Tanks are a piece of CRAP!

N70SJ

5 Months after setting up my 250 Gallon Marineland deep-dimension tank and its leaking from the bottom seal in the middle of the front of the tank. My friend has a 200 Gallon deep-dimension tank and its also leaking on the too left side.

Tore it down and moved live-stock to a spare tank in my down stairs Mechanical Room.910eae8ec8c5c7c91903df0aa4b765cf.png02a0092455cb71b1f58f75060d7a6a18.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

There's been a decent amount of stories about DD Marineland tanks leaking. I'm not sure if there are so many stories because the company just sells way more units (naturally will have more failures) or if they have been having legitimate issues with their product.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

• Like 2

If I remember correctly, Marineland will replace the tank if it was placed on one of their stands. I also know of someone else who had their deep dimension fail. It was not on a Marineland stand, but with some prodding Marineland replaced it anyway.

For what it's worth, I have a 300 gallon deep dimension and have had no problems with it. It's been up for about a year and it's on a Marineland stand.

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

• Like 3

I was recently reading about there larger tanks having lots of issues. So much that they cut the warranty period down to 1 year and stopped making custom tanks.
I know glass doesn't scratch but for anything over 200 gallons it's all acrylic for me. Polishing scratches is easier than replacing your wood floors.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

17 hours ago, pdxmonkeyboy said:

I was recently reading about there larger tanks having lots of issues. So much that they cut the warranty period down to 1 year and stopped making custom tanks.
I know glass doesn't scratch but for anything over 200 gallons it's all acrylic for me. Polishing scratches is easier than replacing your wood floors.

Glass scratches to......................... trust me I know :cryingfit: 

• Like 4

Yeah, my GF scratched the wholly hell out of my old jaguar tank.. Now I do the "hey honey, I can do that for you".

The real problem with acrylic is that it's not cat proof!!! I was like... WHO SCRATCHED THE NEW TANK?? My gf.. not me. My kids (of course).. I didn't do it.
Then one day... awww look at Dexter laying in the aquarium. Wait a minute.. DEXTER!!!!

He apologized though and is working it off via snuggling. $.05 per snuggle or belly petting session. I think I'm being scammed.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, pdxmonkeyboy said:

Yeah, my GF scratched the wholly hell out of my old jaguar tank.. Now I do the "hey honey, I can do that for you".

The real problem with acrylic is that it's not cat proof!!! I was like... WHO SCRATCHED THE NEW TANK?? My gf.. not me. My kids (of course).. I didn't do it.
Then one day... awww look at Dexter laying in the aquarium. Wait a minute.. DEXTER!!!!

He apologized though and is working it off via snuggling. $.05 per snuggle or belly petting session. I think I'm being scammed.

Man - it would take ours a long time to work that off with belly pets. Does it count if they scratch or bite you in the process?

Any updates on the leak situation?  Hope Marineland steps up. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, milesmiles902 said:

You're a nice owner. Market value is 10 cents.

Cats suck :laugh: 

You can have mine for free........................very, very, very used cat to....................18 years old maybe even more we are not sure :laugh: he adopted us so had his nuts cut off and he stuck around.............must have liked something who knows :unsure: 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, spectra said:

Cats suck :laugh: 

You can have mine for free........................very, very, very used cat to....................18 years old maybe even more we are not sure :laugh: he adopted us so had his nuts cut off and he stuck around.............must have liked something who knows :unsure: 

Cats have a tendency to pick their slaves... I mean owners. You must have looked like a sucker... I mean conscientious owner.  (Spoken as someone who has three)

sorry for the cat thread jack ?

Edited by albertareef
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, albertareef said:

Cats have a tendency to pick their slaves... I mean owners. You must have looked like a sucker... I mean conscientious owner.  (Spoken as someone who has three)

sorry for the cat thread jack ?

Yeah he knows me very well..................doesn't bug the wife at all but the minute I come home starts meowing at me until I feed him.....................

• Like 1

Yeah he knows me very well..................doesn't bug the wife at all but the minute I come home starts meowing at me until I feed him.....................

Well, I don't know about you, but I stuck it out when he was a kitten and trained our cat very well.

Now EVERY time my cat is very hungry, a little hungry, or not hungry at all.... well, pretty much anytime anyone steps into the kitchen; he stands in the kitchen and bays at me until I feed him.

The training has paid off for sure, because having a cat meow at you all the time for food is annoying.

23 hours ago, pdxmonkeyboy said:

Well, I don't know about you, but I stuck it out when he was a kitten and trained our cat very well.

Now EVERY time my cat is very hungry, a little hungry, or not hungry at all.... well, pretty much anytime anyone steps into the kitchen; he stands in the kitchen and bays at me until I feed him.

The training has paid off for sure, because having a cat meow at you all the time for food is annoying.

He actually wants a beer... you just haven't figured it out yet ? (humans are so hard to train)

Yes. They said they would write me a check for what I paid for it. I'm pretty sure I will have Reef Savey build me a tank. They are expensive but I'm confident the workmanship will be excellent. Small shop with pride in their work. Never heard of any of there tanks ever leaking. Have any of you? The owner said he gets calls almost weekly about Marineland Deep Dimension Tanks leaking and breaking.  The Marineland DD design is flawed IMO due to the entire bottom plate being supported by the perimeter frame only.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, N70SJ said:

Yes. They said they would write me a check for what I paid for it. I'm pretty sure I will have Reef Savey build me a tank. They are expensive but I'm confident the workmanship will be excellent. Small shop with pride in their work. Never heard of any of there tanks ever leaking. Have any of you? The owner said he gets calls almost weekly about Marineland Deep Dimension Tanks leaking and breaking.  The Marineland DD design is flawed IMO due to the entire bottom plate being supported by the perimeter frame only.

Glad you are getting a resolution to this.  Too bad you had to tear the tank down though!  Hopefully you end up with something you are happy with after all the hassle. 

Thanks Shark. I had a 300 gallon 24x96x30 Plex tank made by US Aquarium blow a seam AS I WAS LOOKING at it 15 or so years ago on Christmas morning. Emptied on the floor in about a 1/2 hr but I got most livestock out alive. Hopefully 3rd times the charm.

1 hour ago, N70SJ said:

Thanks Shark. I had a 300 gallon 24x96x30 Plex tank made by US Aquarium blow a seam AS I WAS LOOKING at it 15 or so years ago on Christmas morning. Emptied on the floor in about a 1/2 hr but I got most livestock out alive. Hopefully 3rd times the charm.

Yikes!  That won't be a Christmas you will ever forget - for all the wrong reasons.

• 2 weeks later...