WTS: 120W LED Lights

KenH

I have a number of 120W LED lights that I am selling.  

These are new in-the-box which were originally set aside to expand my garage setup.  Since I am shutting down the setup, I am going to offer them up for sell to the local community at a great price as they are just taking up space and my wife wants her spare bedroom back. Happy wife... happy life....

The lights are ReefCorner model CR120D lights made in China.  They are full spectrum using Epistar LEDs including UV.  The colored LEDS like red / green / yellow and UV do not have lenses to avoid color banding and hot spotting, but the lenses can be installed on those LEDs if desired.

Lights have a built-in timer for blue / white/ moon channels to allow them to be turned on/off automatically.  Blue and white channels have manual intensity control knobs to adjust brightness and overall color.

They are stand alone lights and cannot be controlled by an external controller if that is important to you.

The lights are designed to be hung over the tank, but can also be retrofitted into taller canopies using L-brackets or similar.

These originally sold for $249.  I am offering them up for $150 ea which is a great deal for anyone looking for a good value in an LED light.  

CR120D - 640.png

New 120W LED Layout.png

New 120W LED Colors.jpg

For larger tanks, you should plan on one CR120 light for each 24″ of tank length.

• 2 – CR120 lights will cover a typical 48″ long tank.
  • 3 – CR120 lights will cover a typical 60″ – 72″ tank
  • 4 to 5 – CR120 lights will cover a typical 84″ – 96″ tank
  •  

Edited by fmorris

Lenses are 120 degree by spec, but I measure an effective spread closer to 90 (+/-45) degrees.  Like all lights, there is a trade-off between coverage, mounting height and intensity.  General recommendations fmorris noted above are based upon an 8" or so mounting height.

For SPS tanks, 24" is a good general rule of thumb.  I have run one over a 36" wide x 24" deep 65g mixed tank and it did OK with some dimness at the edges.  30" is probably the most I would recommend for decent coverage.  For max spread, the lenses can be removed, but the brightness falls considerably.  That works OK for some soft and LPS setups or perhaps shallow prop tanks.

I also have some 180W versions laying around that are 24" long and designed for more of a 36" spread.

I have 1 of the CR180D which is the 180W with the manual dimming knobs.  These originally sold for $329.  Will sell for $200.  Pic of one of these lights shown below

I also have 3 of the CR180P which is the same thing except that rather than manual dimming knobs, you can program in several different brightness levels for the blue / white / moon channels through the day and the light will ramp the brightness up / down during the day based on those settings.  These originally sold for $399.  Will sell for $250.  Looks same as pic below without the knobs on top.

I also have some of the CR120P lights left over as well.  These are the same as the CR120D 120W lights above, except that they are programmable for the brightness rather than using dimming knobs similar to the CR180P.  These sold for $289.  Asking $175.

These are all new.  Some may have minor defects like scratches in the enclosure.

CR180-front-top.jpg

Edited by KenH
  • Like 1