90 gallon tank flow?

A777flygirl

You've got an interesting tank since it's a cylinder. If that were my tank I'd be looking at a maxspect gyre and run it vertically. WP40 will do it though, I'm surprised it still sticks with the curve of the glass? You'll have to play with flow directions to make sure you don't have dead spots but also aren't blasting any corals (or areas you planned for corals).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blue Z Reef said:

You've got an interesting tank since it's a cylinder. If that were my tank I'd be looking at a maxspect gyre and run it vertically. WP40 will do it though, I'm surprised it still sticks with the curve of the glass? You'll have to play with flow directions to make sure you don't have dead spots but also aren't blasting any corals (or areas you planned for corals).

I second the Gyre. isnt there a flat portion of that tank where the overflow is? idk, its not my tank. :joking:

• Like 1

The back is flat but the overflow sticks out there.  Yes I would like coral.

I tried putting it in and if the flow is turned up a lot it wiggles and moves...looks like it could work itself off the outside magnet and fall....I am thinking that may be due to the curved glass.  I didn't try attaching it to the flat part in the back.  It is black...not sure if it is paint or plastic.

Will work on it.  Thanks!

It depends on what you are wanting to keep. For some tanks a WP-40 would be to much. Other tanks, maybe not enough. 

In my 120g Mixed reef I have 2 WP-40's and a Gyre along with a much stronger return. 

If your looking for a SPS tank, you can't have to much flow. 

If your looking for say a seahorse lagoon tank, then you can't have that much flow from one source. 

My 90g is a Nem tank and has a WP-40, a stronger return (900 gph) and a RW-8. I keep it lower flow because it is just aneomes. 

Sorry for the non answer to the question. 

• Like 1

It depends on what you are wanting to keep. For some tanks a WP-40 would be to much. Other tanks, maybe not enough. 

In my 120g Mixed reef I have 2 WP-40's and a Gyre along with a much stronger return. 

If your looking for a SPS tank, you can't have to much flow. 

If your looking for say a seahorse lagoon tank, then you can't have that much flow from one source. 

My 90g is a Nem tank and has a WP-40, a stronger return (900 gph) and a RW-8. I keep it lower flow because it is just aneomes. 

Sorry for the non answer to the question. 

From the catacombs of obscurity, pledosophy steps forth with his non answer :)

I also like the idea of the vertically mounted gyre. You'd have a whirlpool for sure if you maxed it out.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk