Emerald and Sirena's Frag Tank

Emerald525

This was a smoking deal that I got from Blie Z Reef! Thanks !

Spectra picked it up for me and helped me bring it in! Thanks Scott! It barely fit! :fingerscrossed:

It came with the following :

Tank 4x2x12 Aquarium Masters 

Sump 29 gallon

waterblaster return pump 2000

coralife hob skimmer (I like that it is not on the sumo so there is more room in there 

Reefkeeper Lite

Jebao RW 15

48 inch TEK 6 bulb light 

Upgrades

Tunze Ato

ATI 48 inch dimmable sunpower

IMG_0176.JPG

• Like 2

Those of you who know me. I don't do plumbing! I have no desire in learning and I don't enjoy it like many of you do. But guess what , Sirena loves plumbing !!?

The tank came plumbed but it had to be cut to move. Jon aka Wegotjs on here is a great handyman and he walked Sirena through. We are lucky to be walking distance from a True Value and as any of you know who plumbs a tank , even with the best of planning , you make at least one or 2 more trips !!

IMG_0172.JPGIMG_0173.JPGIMG_0174.JPG

• Like 3

I have been waiting patiently for the light which was what was holding up the project !!

Thanks Cuttlefish for ordering this for me!!

it should be a short cycle as I got free live rock from Blue Z Reef and got s smoking deal on more from Powderblue. I also had some in my sump on my Red Sea Reefer.

i am planning on adding an algae turf scrubber when the tank is up and running.

I also added Dr, Tims one and only denitrifying bacteria. I have had good results with this speeding up the cycling process. 

Bulb combo will likely be:

blue plus

blue plus

coral plus

blue plus

actinic 

purple plus

If you have questions about ideal bulb combos for T5 lights check out ATI on reef2reef!!

Here it is !! Thanks Sirena for all the great work! She hung the light and hooked up the ATO all by herself while I was on my morning run!

It needs to be leveled a bit but a few shims will take care of that.

IMG_0171.JPG

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, spectra said:

Looks good and I see Sirena was paying attention when I mounted the other ATI for you ;) now time to fill it with frags........

Soon!! I'm waiting on the frag racks that are being made and for the tank to cycle ! I can't wait to remove all the frag racks out of my tank!!

• Like 1

Awesome !! Fragging and growing out coral is always fun. Especially zoanthids :)

I do miss the old zoa frag sales you would do, I can see in a few months they will come roaring back. Nice job on everything ladies!

• Like 1

I was wondering how the frag tank was going- congrats on getting it up and running. Somehow I missed that this was Randall's 60 gallon shallow reef... one of my favorites. Glad to see it lives again. May it grow healthy frags in abundance!

nice plumbing Sirena ?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, albertareef said:

I was wondering how the frag tank was going- congrats on getting it up and running. Somehow I missed that this was Randall's 60 gallon shallow reef... one of my favorites. Glad to see it lives again. May it grow healthy frags in abundance!

nice plumbing Sirena ?

This is not Randall's but same tank. It was Blue Z Reef's. I didn't think about making it a frag tank when Randall was selling it but is perfect for a frag tank.

6 hours ago, Emerald525 said:

This is not Randall's but same tank. It was Blue Z Reef's. I didn't think about making it a frag tank when Randall was selling it but is perfect for a frag tank.

Duh!  Not like it was written right in the first post or anything :booboo:  (had to find an excuse to use that emoji).  Every time I see those tank dimensions I think of Randall's tank, didn't realize Jeff had one also.  Super cool tank profile and should be great for frags while still letting you put some things like zoa rocks in there that might be a bit taller.  Can't wait to see this filled up!

1 hour ago, albertareef said:

Duh!  Not like it was written right in the first post or anything :booboo:  (had to find an excuse to use that emoji).  Every time I see those tank dimensions I think of Randall's tank, didn't realize Jeff had one also.  Super cool tank profile and should be great for frags while still letting you put some things like zoa rocks in there that might be a bit taller.  Can't wait to see this filled up!

Ha ha!  I think you were just looking at the pictures!  It won't take long for it to fill up. I have 5 frag racks full in my Red Sea Reefer right now! I can't wait to get most of them out!

• Like 1