Anybody else into RC?

PowderBlue

On 5/9/2017 at 8:40 AM, TheClark said:

What kind of indoor drone are you running?  They are a blast.  I had a three channel heli and that was about all I could handle.  Helis are tough to fly!

I can't remember the name off the top of my head. It was a cheap one given to the kids as a Christmas gift that Dad took over ;) hehe

Yes, back in the day when I was learning to fly my first Heli I would spend hours almost every day in the garage learning. But it's like riding a bike, you never forget! Because of my heli experience, I was able to translate my "tricks" directly to the drone, no learning curve.

All my RCing has been hand built and electric, expect for the planes which were gas...my Dad and I built the first plane, as I now hope to do with my kids one day :)

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Vance164 said:

2s is stupid fast I can't even imagine 4s. I float in and out of it between crawling and just last summer got into 2wd sct 

Crap I had a crawler to I forgot about that one.................

On 5/10/2017 at 10:39 AM, NoDoze said:

I can't remember the name off the top of my head. It was a cheap one given to the kids as a Christmas gift that Dad took over ;) hehe

Yes, back in the day when I was learning to fly my first Heli I would spend hours almost every day in the garage learning. But it's like riding a bike, you never forget! Because of my heli experience, I was able to translate my "tricks" directly to the drone, no learning curve.

All my RCing has been hand built and electric, expect for the planes which were gas...my Dad and I built the first plane, as I now hope to do with my kids one day :)

That's awesome, pass the tradition down :clap:

• 4 months later...

man, I used to be soooo into racing RC trucks. it was fun but man, sooo much work! they were always breaking, always. i would take two complete race ready truggies and a box of parts, motors, etc to the track.

One day i added up how much i was spending.. sold all of them except my 1/18th scale mamba powered mini. I clocked it at 68 once.
then i was drinking with friends and did a speed run right into a curb. totalled.

would love to fly planes again though...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 1