Anybody else into RC?

PowderBlue

Curious to see if anyone else is into rc? A good friend and I go to meldrum and race every now and then, we are always looking for others to come play! 9279f7757217061f96820a8bbccaa2ad.jpgb5d2341b35fe47e3e22dd803fb2dd304.jpg

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

I am but I don't have much time for it though

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Gotta make some time! Heck it only takes 20 minutes to rip through batteries haha

Lol that is so true but the way I drive them it takes hours to fix lmao

I tried helis but they are just to crazy for me. I've had a few slashes but I break em to much so I went back to Losi. They just stay together a little better for me. The slash handled great through!

I have them I didn't say I could fly them lol I love my slash with the lipo I think I need a new slipper cluch though it did not act right the last time I drove it

Do sailboats count?  Ran into the local RC sailing club up in White Salmon and got some impromptu lessons. Had a blast and would consider taking that up if I had more time. Boats are surprisingly cheap... well at least compared to reef tanks!

Well there is a river right by the track but the current might own your boat pretty quick haha! It's definitely cheaper than reef tanks but it can get crazy, my truggy is about a 1000 dollar setup. It can get carried away haha

8 hours ago, NoDoze said:

Yes! Over the years I've had 3 planes, 3 cars, 2 helis, and now only an indoor drone I chase the kids and cat with. When the kids get older I plan to get back into it, I've already notified the wifie ;)

What kind of indoor drone are you running?  They are a blast.  I had a three channel heli and that was about all I could handle.  Helis are tough to fly!

19 hours ago, PowderBlue said:

Well there is a river right by the track but the current might own your boat pretty quick haha! It's definitely cheaper than reef tanks but it can get crazy, my truggy is about a 1000 dollar setup. It can get carried away haha

I don't even want to know how much I have spent on RC cars kind of like my tanks :laugh: I think it all started in the early 80s.......first was a Tamiya Audi Quattro then a grasshopper then a well you get the point ;) Hell I think at one time had 6 cars at once........20 battery packs and it all fit in 3 totes to get to the local track......have had planes and boats also. Best one was the 4 foot boat with the weed wacker motor in it........

I have a  reef tank now so cant afford to get back into it :popcorn:

• Like 4

I don't even want to know how much I have spent on RC cars kind of like my tanks [emoji23] I think it all started in the early 80s.......first was a Tamiya Audi Quattro then a grasshopper then a well you get the point [emoji6] Hell I think at one time had 6 cars at once........20 battery packs and it all fit in 3 totes to get to the local track......have had planes and boats also. Best one was the 4 foot boat with the weed wacker motor in it........

I have a  reef tank now so cant afford to get back into it :popcorn:

Well, uhhhhm, sell one of the tanks and get a car haha, this thing has been sitting on a shelf in my garage for over a year. Figured since I have no tank of fix it and play with it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PowderBlue said:

Well, uhhhhm, sell one of the tanks and get a car haha, this thing has been sitting on a shelf in my garage for over a year. Figured since I have no tank of fix it and play with it.

I actually had a Traxxas that I sold last year......didn't use it much. Thought about getting a nitro but decided against it.......I had a T Maxx nitro years ago and that thing had every aluminum hop up on it plus a OS Max motor.....I cant leave anything stock :shock:

• Like 1

I have a traxxas slash 4x4 ,a stampede and a helion Invictus I would be willing to sell the last 2 to help fund my reef obsession but the slash is here to stay [emoji48]

2s is stupid fast I can't even imagine 4s. I float in and out of it between crawling and just last summer got into 2wd sct 

I've run my truggy on 6s lol just because it could. We jumped it off the roof at the house we stay at in Detroit lake. Few beers were involved but it was fun

• Like 1