Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Sirena

Northwest Aquatics meeting

Recommended Posts

What an amazing, informative meeting today thank you so much Colby. Your store is looking fantastic!!! I am so thankful that you (and now your team!) are willing to share your knowledge and passion with us.

 

And... if you keep up the yearly talks I will continue to come home with a pair of seahorses .

 

Introducing Jane and Diane!

 

f0e27fca6e9c34d5ede5881f2994cc19.jpg

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmmm I seem to be having a deja vu moment. Wasn't there a little ditty about these two?.....:rolleyes::seahorse:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Emerald525 said:

Hmmm I seem to be having a deja vu moment. Wasn't there a little ditty about these two?.....:rolleyes::seahorse:

Haha!  I was just thinking... someone must be a John Mellencamp fan!  Welcome home Jack and Diane ?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bummer that I missed the meeting.  As I drove down I-5 through Wilsonville on the way to the meeting, I saw a horrendous bumper to bumper line of cars heading north.  I figured it was the back up of traffic caused by the freeway closure in Portland.  Not being in a position to sit in traffic after the meeting, I chickened out and pulled off.  Dropped into the anniversary sale at All Things Aquarium, got some nice corals, and headed back home.  And by then the bad traffic had totally cleared.  Crapola!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Emerald525 said:

Hmmm I seem to be having a deja vu moment. Wasn't there a little ditty about these two?.....:rolleyes::seahorse:

 

There was about Jack and Diane.....................but if you read the post it says Jane and Diane :laugh: someone is getting ripped off here..........................

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, spectra said:

 

There was about Jack and Diane.....................but if you read the post it says Jane and Diane :laugh: someone is getting ripped off here..........................

Hey what 2 consenting female seahorses do in the privacy of their tank is their business. I don't judge.:seahorse::seahorse::nono:

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Emerald525 said:

Hey what 2 consenting female seahorses do in the privacy of their tank is their business. I don't judge.:seahorse::seahorse::nono:

Not judging anything.............just stating facts.............I see Jane and Diane and then pics with Jack and Diane..............;)

 

So what tank are these in now?

Edited by spectra

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Not judging anything.............just stating facts.............I see Jane and Diane and then pics with Jack and Diane..............
 
So what tank are these in now?


Haha yeah okay well this girl is drinking now too so no judging on anything I say
And they are currently all living in my Red Sea 20... (trying to convince "someone" that a 40 would fit in the kitchen


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, spectra said:

Not judging anything.............just stating facts.............I see Jane and Diane and then pics with Jack and Diane..............;)

 

So what tank are these in now?

Lol ...Little ditty about Jane and Diane. Two American chicks doing the best they can.. hmmmm that doesn't sound quite right...:huh:

 

They are in with Fred and Ginger.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Sirena said:

 

 


Haha yeah okay well this girl is drinking now too so no judging on anything I say emoji15.pngemoji51.png
And they are currently all living in my Red Sea 20... (trying to convince "someone" that a 40 would fit in the kitchen emoji848.pngemoji56.png


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

 

I don't Judge anything.............

 

What 40?

 

4 minutes ago, Emerald525 said:

Lol ...Little ditty about Jane and Diane. Two American chicks doing the best they can.. hmmmm that doesn't sound quite right...:huh:

 

They are in with Fred and Ginger.

 

Maybe you can swing it so it works.......doesn't sound to bad really.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, spectra said:

 

I don't Judge anything.............

 

What 40?

 

 

Maybe you can swing it so it works.......doesn't sound to bad really.

Time to extend the kitchen island! 

I noticed the Jane and Diane as well but figured Sirena just fell victim to the infamous autocorrect. That is based purely on the musical reference... no preconceptions involved (before you ask?)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, albertareef said:

Time to extend the kitchen island! 

I noticed the Jane and Diane as well but figured Sirena just fell victim to the infamous autocorrect. That is based purely on the musical reference... no preconceptions involved (before you ask?)

Sure you did :laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had a great time during the meet, stayed a little late to make sure things were cleaned up proper and the frag tank taken down. Afterwards Miles, Aquarium Master, and Higher Thinking met up with myself and Kireek at my house to finish up on some trading. We had a bit of a coral reef geek out and then everybody went on their way, it was dinner time anyways, that is after acclimating all those new corals.I snapped some AWESOME photos this time. Unfortunately I have a pond job I am leaving to do here shortly but when I get home all exhausted and slump down in my chair I will finish editing these shots and let you all see the great time we all had yesterday at the meeting.

Also wanted to give a big Thank You to Colby and Crew, Thank you Kim, Sirena, Andy, Miles, and Bret for being great officers to the club. Thank you to our wonderful Board of Directors for keeping it Real! And thank you to all of our PNWMAS members for making this the best club out there. As always, it was a fantastic time.

And those are some nice sea horses you got, all his stock looked to be pretty spot on.I bet they are some nice additions to your little horse corral. Will be looking out for that update...The 40 and all ;)

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, badxgillen said:

Had a great time during the meet, stayed a little late to make sure things were cleaned up proper and the frag tank taken down. Afterwards Miles, Aquarium Master, and Higher Thinking met up with myself and Kireek at my house to finish up on some trading. We had a bit of a coral reef geek out and then everybody went on their way, it was dinner time anyways, that is after acclimating all those new corals.I snapped some AWESOME photos this time. Unfortunately I have a pond job I am leaving to do here shortly but when I get home all exhausted and slump down in my chair I will finish editing these shots and let you all see the great time we all had yesterday at the meeting.

Also wanted to give a big Thank You to Colby and Crew, Thank you Kim, Sirena, Andy, Miles, and Bret for being great officers to the club. Thank you to our wonderful Board of Directors for keeping it Real! And thank you to all of our PNWMAS members for making this the best club out there. As always, it was a fantastic time.

And those are some nice sea horses you got, all his stock looked to be pretty spot on.I bet they are some nice additions to your little horse corral. Will be looking out for that update...The 40 and all ;)

Bert and Andy thanks so  much for taking the lead on the planning of this. You did an excellent job and it is amazing the knowledge that Colby has in his brain that he can just spout off with no notes.  Very informative and it is nice to have a store owner that has such a passion for sustainability and making sure that when animals are collected that he gives them the best chance for survival.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, badxgillen said:

I snapped some AWESOME photos this time.

Can't wait to see! That was quite the candy store for anyone with a camera, although I'm sad to say most of my shots turned out like :puke:. Hopefully someone got a nice snap of the beautiful Japanese pygmy angel! It wasn't the rarest fish in the place, but it's a personal favorite of mine and something way out of reach for most hobbyists. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great meeting with lots of good information to share. I am really excited to learn about Colby and his operation. As Kim noted it is encouraging to find more vendors who put so much thought and effort into making sure their livestock are healthy for both the short and long term. I love that they have a vet tech on staff and routinely do diagnostics. The only bummer is that they are about an hour and a half away... but well worth the trip!

Thanks again to everyone who worked to organize this event.  Seeing the weedy dragons alone was amazing but it was valuable in so many ways - and a blast as well! 

Edited by albertareef
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Flashy Fins said:

Can't wait to see! That was quite the candy store for anyone with a camera, although I'm sad to say most of my shots turned out like :puke:. Hopefully someone got a nice snap of the beautiful Japanese pygmy angel! It wasn't the rarest fish in the place, but it's a personal favorite of mine and something way out of reach for most hobbyists. 

Those were awesome but, unfortunately we did not get a pic. They had some really amazing fish. I liked the haraem of golden rhomboids also even though they aren't as rare. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just want to say I was impressed with the meeting! Great job by the board and members! It was good to see some familiar faces and a lot of new ones.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, R-3 said:

I just want to say I was impressed with the meeting! Great job by the board and members! It was good to see some familiar faces and a lot of new ones.

Good to see you Ryan as well as Chief. Wish I could have spent more time talking to you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Emerald525 said:

Good to see you Ryan as well as Chief. Wish I could have spent more time talking to you.

I somehow missed saying hi to R3 and Chief... my bad. I have seen a lot of posts over the years from both but don't think we've met. That's  what I get for being late and easily distracted ?  I choose to blame it on the weedy dragons. Hopefully I will get another chance but glad to hear they both made it. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, albertareef said:

I somehow missed saying hi to R3 and Chief... my bad. I have seen a lot of posts over the years from both but don't think we've met. That's  what I get for being late and easily distracted ?  I choose to blame it on the weedy dragons. Hopefully I will get another chance but glad to hear they both made it. 

Ryan won the algae scrubber

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, albertareef said:

I somehow missed saying hi to R3 and Chief... my bad. I have seen a lot of posts over the years from both but don't think we've met. That's  what I get for being late and easily distracted ?  I choose to blame it on the weedy dragons. Hopefully I will get another chance but glad to hear they both made it. 

Next time I'll try to get around the room more.  I've been around so long I don't know anyone anymore.  Time to make new connections.  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Emerald525 said:

Ryan won the algae scrubber

 

Well now he needs a tank for it......

 

Red Sea peninsula maybe...............

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×