Tunze Comline DOC skimmer?

ninkylou

I am thinking of getting a new skimmer for my sump. The Eshoppes one is rated for 35g, I'm at about 27 after rock. I know I have a tendency to overfeed so I want to be sure I am skimming enough. Is anyone familiar with this skimmer? Reviews are all over the place. I want the small footprint and I like the magnet, similar to the Eshoppes Nano I have.

If not this one, any other suggestions? Trying to stay around the $150 mark or lower if I can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When going with a small skimmer everyone like these https://reefbuilders.com/2014/07/01/cad-lights-pls-50-elite/ I have no experience with them. But if it was me I would oversize it and look into a bigger one if possible.

What size tank are you running? Also what is it stocked with? all these also go into what you want for a skimmer. Remember if going softies or just zoas they like dirty water so skimmer is not much of an issue......

8 minutes ago, spectra said:

When going with a small skimmer everyone like these https://reefbuilders.com/2014/07/01/cad-lights-pls-50-elite/ I have no experience with them. But if it was me I would oversize it and look into a bigger one if possible.

What size tank are you running? Also what is it stocked with? all these also go into what you want for a skimmer. Remember if going softies or just zoas they like dirty water so skimmer is not much of an issue......

That Looks like it's a pretty decent unit!?   I'm sure it's better than the little IM Ghost Skimmers! 

The tank is a 24g display with 7G sump, probably about 25g volume without rock.  It's my plan to keep a mixed reef.  Would like to try my hand a sps this time around.  A few fish, zoas, etc.  What I have now is the Eshopps Nano, rated for up to 35, its just not giving me much gunk...I have only been up for a month, and did a bacterial boosted cycle. I know myself and I have a tendency to overfeed, so I want to be sure I am not finding myself behind the 8 ball and under-skimming.  I will take a look at the CAD lights one.

Edited by ninkylou

4 minutes ago, Flash21 said:

Have or Had ?.  

Just like I had one for a Week and they are Garabge! 

Both..........I have one in the 30 and sold you one for the 20 or 10...................

8 minutes ago, ninkylou said:

The tank is a 24g display with 7G sump, probably about 25g volume without rock.  It's my plan to keep a mixed reef.  Would like to try my hand a sps this time around.  A few fish, zoas, etc.  What I have now is the Eshopps Nano, rated for up to 35, its just not giving me much gunk...I have only been up for a month, and did a bacterial boosted cycle. I know myself and I have a tendency to overfeed, so I want to be sure I am not finding myself behind the 8 ball and under-skimming.  I will take a look at the CAD lights one.

This is another cheap option and actually thought of trying one for the price......http://www.fish-street.com/coral_box_s150_protein_skimmer I have heard a few decent things on it.