PNWMAS May Meet North West Aquatics Tour 2017

badxgillen

On 4/30/2017 at 10:59 AM, milesmiles902 said:

I recently made my own amino acid solution. It consists of only the top five amino acids that corals take from the water column and a buffer of acetic acid to prevent growth of microbes and increase shelf life.

It's nothing fancy, but if anyone is willing to try some, I'd be happy to bring you a solution. I've been using it for two weeks with a dosage of 5mL per 100 gallons per day. 

Wish I'd read this before I bought some! Very cool.

After the meeting and tour, stop on by All Things Aquariums on your way back to Portland. We're having our 1 year anniversary celebration and sale this weekend. W'ell be raffling off some items and having some Great Sales on Livestock. We'll also be bbqing some dogs and sausages for a few hours. I'll have updates of raffle items and sales in the next couple days.

Erin

Edited by ATA Wilsonville
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Emerald525 said:

Uh yeah I kinda eat with my hands. Utensils are sooool overrated. ?

:laugh: well I usually eat with my mouth :popcorn: :tongue: though you see the hand shoveling in the popcorn...............

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ATA Wilsonville said:

After the meeting and tour, stop on by All Things Aquariums on your way back to Portland. We're having our 1 year anniversary celebration and sale this weekend. W'ell be raffling off some items and having some Great Sales on Livestock. We'll also be bbqing some dogs and sausages for a few hours. I'll have updates of raffle items and sales in the next couple days.

Erin

Happy Anniversary!! Quite the milestone !! Maybe I can stop on the way up! What time do you open ? The seahorse see got from you are doing great and Sirena loves them!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, ATA Wilsonville said:

Awesome! Would be great to see you. I have some babies right now too. Almost a month old. And thank you, been quite an adventure.  I open at 11

Perfect! We will have to stop by early and check out the babies and get first look st some of the corals !

On April 30, 2017 at 10:59 AM, milesmiles902 said:

I recently made my own amino acid solution. It consists of only the top five amino acids that corals take from the water column and a buffer of acetic acid to prevent growth of microbes and increase shelf life.

It's nothing fancy, but if anyone is willing to try some, I'd be happy to bring you a solution. I've been using it for two weeks with a dosage of 5mL per 100 gallons per day. 

Hey Miles - I would be in to trying this out if the offer still stands.  Plan to be at the meeting and my current mix is running out so perfect time to try something new!

1 minute ago, albertareef said:

Hey Miles - I would be in to trying this out if the offer still stands.  Plan to be at the meeting and my current mix is running out so perfect time to try something new!

Sounds good. So far, I have you and Dan_lu down for ~16 oz. 

• Like 1

Meeting is tomorrow !!! Who is excited ?!!! Weedy dragons !!! Sea horses !! Raffles!! Food!!

Frag swaps!!! What's not to love?

Our next raffle item is five 25 dollar gift certificates to West Coast Corals !! 

This company is owned by our own local member Cody!! He has a great selection of zoas and is local!! Check him out now before he moves but he also does ship and it's an expert job!!

• Like 3

Should be killer meeting tomorrow, Colby and his crew will be there to assist and answer questions after the presentation...And it sounds like there will be corals for sale in addition to the frag swap the club is holding. Corals For All!

Excited about tomorrow for sure!

• Like 2

Sadly I will not be able to attend due to family obligations. Finally another meeting down by me and I have to miss it! Nooooo!
On another note The facility is awesome and everyone should have a great time! I was there yesterday and they had some really nice fish and corals in for everyone to look at :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Paratore said:

Sadly I will not be able to attend due to family obligations. Finally another meeting down by me and I have to miss it! Nooooo!
On another note The facility is awesome and everyone should have a great time! I was there yesterday and they had some really nice fish and corals in for everyone to look at :)

Bummer Cody - I was looking forward to getting to meet you (and maybe win some of your WCC gift certificates :EvilGrin:).  

Yeah I'm pretty bummed that I can't make it :/ hopefully I'll be at the next one! As long as it its after my finals lol!

And try to win the gift certificate! I may or may not be planning a zoa grow out ;)

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Paratore said:

Yeah I'm pretty bummed that I can't make it :/ hopefully I'll be at the next one! As long as it its after my finals lol!

And try to win the gift certificate! I may or may not be planning a zoa grow out ;)

Oh too bad you can't make t Cody. Will you be around for people to stop by your place at all?

Oh too bad you can't make t Cody. Will you be around for people to stop by your place at all?

Unfortunately I will not. The family affair is taking me out of town for the weekend. Talk about bad timing, it would have been a great weekend to have people over!

17 minutes ago, Paratore said:

Unfortunately I will not. The family affair is taking me out of town for the weekend. Talk about bad timing, it would have been a great weekend to have people over!

Oh that's' too bad. Yeah I totally would have stopped by!

Stopped by All Things Aquarium ! You should check it out on the way back!

Heading there now!! I need to clear out my frag rack so I will be donating some hardy zoas for the raffle including nuke greens , nuclear winters , dragon eyes , blue eyed girls and more !!

Colby has also promised a coral prize pack too !!

• Like 2