Hello from new member

Aznbala

Hi my name is Jason. 36 years old. Married with a 2 year old. Living in west linn. I do not currently have a tank nor have ever owned a marine tank. Life got in the way. Anyways doing research. It will probably be at least a year until I can start my tank. I love salt water fish, inverts and corals. Also looking for any stores to visit in the Portland area. Been to all the ones on yelp. Thanks and hello 

• Like 2

Welcome!  You are in the right place for research.  This is a great forum.  Doing your research before you get your tank is probably going to help you not make the same mistakes that many of us have made in the early part of the hobby.  I know, my first time around, I found the forum when I was struggling and could have saved myself a lot of heartache (and money) if I had checked this place out first, and that was with doing some research before I even got my first tank.

• Like 1

Definitely a wise approach. As the others have noted, you can learn a lot and save yourself a lot of hassle by just reading some of the threads on here regrading tank startup and husbandry.  Lots of experienced folk who are willing to advise if you have questions.  Good luck planning -that is a big part of the fun!

• Like 2