• Similar Content

• By Jeremevans
      I put together a pretty basic algae scrubber under an LED grow light in my refugium and it seems to be progressing nicely. This is my first time setting up an ATS--please tell me if you see anything that I should be concerned about. 
      If I was doing this again I would have taken pictures without the grow lights on, but at least you can see today's picture in that way.
      This progression covers 6 days. I teed off my return pump and put what I think is a lot of flow through this scrubber although I haven't measured it. Originally I was going to use an MJ1200 to run it, but decided to reduce the clutter in the sump and just split a line off the return pump. I would guess this flow rate is similar to and probably a little higher than the MJ.
      Now, should I expect my skimmer to start putting out less crud?
      Jeremy

• By kchapmanjr
      Hey everyone! I haven't posted on here since the site crash and the ensuing events. I am in the middle of an upgrade from a standard 90 gallon to a Red Sea Reefer 450 (thank you Jeff @Cuttle Fish and Corals). I met Holly @GilandFin when I went to pick it up, and she convinced me to do a build thread, which I will begin soon. Just not enough hours in the day lately.

I have purchased all new equipment for this build so I need to clear some things out before I am suddenly single. Everything is around a year old and still works as new. All equipment has been vinegar soaked and cleaned except the tank. It will need a rinse and a good coralline scraping. The stand is a DIY and needs a minimal wipe down of salt creep.

I honestly don't have a ton of time or energy to take pics of everything, but if there is something you want a pic of, let me know and I will try to accommodate the request. Keep in mind, all equipment has been cleaned so you will be getting a picture that looks like one would expect.

Here is the list so far, and more will be added as I go:

Two wp25s with dual controller: $75 - also comes with an extra you can use for parts like the cage, impeller, o-ring, etc.

Jebao dc-6000 return with controller: $65

Ocean Revive Arctic T247 (2): $80 each

JBJ ATO w/ two aqualifters for parts, as both need new diaphragms: $25 (this was bought from a member here last year and never used, so I cannot speak to the functionality of the JBJ, only what I was told).

90 gallon standard reef ready Marineland with DIY stand and 29 gallon DIY sump w/ acrylic baffles: $150 - $100 if you pick it up today, as the goodwill resulting from getting it out at home is well worth $50 to me .
      There are a couple of scratches on the front glass but cannot be seen when filled (at least by me). The tank is old school and HEAVY so you will need a couple of guys to move it. I will do my best to help. Here is a link to the PNWMAS thread of my original build for pics:
      http://www.pnwmas.org/topic/32384-90-gallon-build-pic-heavy/

BRS 48" screen frame kit w/ what should be enough 1/4" netting to complete the project: $25

Two Oddysea 4x 48" T5 fixtures with Oddysea bulbs, one with a brand new Icecap 660 ballast and original ballasts: $120 for both (the icecap is worth more than this alone). This was a failed attempt to overdrive T5s, but were never used because I couldn't get the fans to run off the icecap. But I am not an electrician, and I'm sure someone more knowledgeable than I can get it going just fine.

Eight unused 48" ATI T5 bulbs, I believe two of each - Coral+, Blue+, Purple+, and Actinic+: $15 each or $100 for all.

I also have an SCA 303 Skimmer that is currently being used in my 50g stock tank that I will be selling soon as well. The skimmer is about a year old, but I replaced the Atman pump in August due to a hermit somehow getting lodged in the impeller and frying the original pump.

I still have the original boxes for most things for sale due to my hoarding problem. Sorry about the wordiness... I write Corporate documents for a living and its kind of hard to turn it off

PM with any questions or to get my phone number for texting purposes (I hate talking on the phone).