Time to be reborn.

Starting a new tank at a new apartment.

This time it's going to be clean and smart.

IMG_1407.JPG

IMG_1409.JPG

• Like 5

Red Sea Max Nano 20g

Acrylic rod and cemented 20lbs dry rock

Built in skimmer and ATO

LED light with built in wifi and app control

Rock nems with Midas blenny, Flame angel, and 6 line wrasse

• Like 1

Whoo!! 

Nice to see the resurrection of another aquariast, like a phoenix being reborn. We never stop.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Sasquatch said:

Midas blenny, Flame angel, and 6 line wrasse

All favorites of mine! This should be good. :mermaid:

Welcome back from another phoenix who has risen from the ashes and taken on a much smaller tank.  Looking forward to seeing what someone does with a tank so similar to mine.  I have the same lighting, but a bit bigger cube with sump.  How deep is the tank?

2 hours ago, Brian67 said:

You didnot mention "zoas"????

I've lost them and abandoned the rest. Looking for fresh frags with minimal rock of: 

-Candy Apple Reds

-Sakura/Fuzzballs

-A particular morph of Green Bay packers I dubbed Marleys.

-Also looking for some GSP in a mat with minimal rock to put on the bottom

Looking good!  Don't worry, that six line will be out bossing the tank around in no time... it's what they do best ?

SASQUATCH FOUND!!!

Resizd bigfoot.jpg

MISSING NO MORE!

It's nice to have you back man, it's been a little while hasn't it. Glad you are making use of the new picture upload feature and making a build thread, it's pretty cool isn't it, not having to use Photobucket anymore. And this new tank is looking to be a pretty nice setup my friend, interesting rock choice, leaves lots of swimming room but still has some room for corals. Hit me up if you want to snag some zoas back at some point. If you'r going to the meet I can get some fragged up for you here soon. 

• Like 1

Change in livestock.

added a red with yellow polyps photosynthetic gorgonian.

added a Krakatoa morph Zoa I'm calling a Squatchatoa for now.

changed out the flame angel for a fat head anthias. It nipped my corals for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

Check out my favorite pink crab sitting on a World Wide Corals Skittles Cypastrea 

IMG_1560.JPG

IMG_1568.JPG

IMG_1570.JPG

IMG_1629.JPG

• Like 1

Love those anthias - seems like a good swap. Hope the six line doesn't decide to pick on it.  Squatchatoa eh?  I need to get into the zoa business so I can start coming up with some cool names!  Looking good!

• Like 1

New livestock. Still looking for unique gorgonians. Now I have 4 morphs and 4 nems

IMG_2145.JPG

IMG_2197.JPG

IMG_2201.JPG

IMG_2216.JPG

• Like 3

Nice McCosker's! I've been thinking about getting one, but I'm holding off for now. Upcoming summer trips have me emptying out QT tanks, so the tank sitter has it easy. I like several of the flasher wrasses, so maybe whichever I find a good specimen of once I'm ready to fill up the QT again. 

1 hour ago, Flashy Fins said:

Nice McCosker's! I've been thinking about getting one, but I'm holding off for now. Upcoming summer trips have me emptying out QT tanks, so the tank sitter has it easy. I like several of the flasher wrasses, so maybe whichever I find a good specimen of once I'm ready to fill up the QT again. 

I was also noticing that McCoskers... very nice!  I really like the look of them but haven't wanted to risk it without any kind of top on the tank.  That is a particularly striking one. 

Edited by albertareef
  • Like 1

Beautiful setup, especially for such a simple beginning to it. I probably would have over stocked it out the gate then have to weed things out later. Like you stated in the beginning of the project, smart start. Good job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

56 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

Full tank shot

51813627233__0C1D9E04-E7F6-4C4E-B45B-9D84F01EE293.JPG

Looking great!  Did you ever get more stometella?  I actually saw mine again the other day but didn't try and catch it as I thought you had it covered. It is a pretty bland one anyway...

Looks good!

What zoas are you after :laugh: I have a few........................:popcorn: