Sunburst Anthia Thanks Paradise Corals

Emerald525

1 hour ago, Flashy Fins said:

Little bit of
:YayWave:

And a lot of

:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: 

This is my favorite small fish in the sea! 

You're probably aware, but there are tales of borbs being nasty to sunbursts, so keep us posted how they get along. 

Yeah I will keep an eye on those two. I'm hoping with Ned being young that it will be okay otherwise I suppose there is room in my tank for one of them..:fingerscrossed:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Emerald525 said:

Just an update. Cindy Lou is out still a little shy but feeding. So far no agression from Ned the Borbonius. In fact Ned hid when she would come out. They are tolerating each other so far.  

IMG_2302.JPG

So cool!  Love both of those fish so it's particularly neat to see them together.  Tank is looking great!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, albertareef said:

So cool!  Love both of those fish so it's particularly neat to see them together.  Tank is looking great!

Yeah Sirena has worked very hard and it shows. Pretty darn proud of her. I don't really help her with it because she gets in this zone and you just don't want to get to close.:seahorse::dry:

• Like 1

Just now, Emerald525 said:

Yeah Sirena has worked very hard and it shows. Pretty darn proud of her. I don't really help her with it because she gets in this zone and you just don't want to get to close.:seahorse::dry:

Haha!  Yeah, I can relate... Darcy knows when I get that look in my eye it's best to just steer clear and wait for the dust to settle.  She's learned not to start me on a project unless she is willing to write off the whole day because once I get started, I pretty much can't put it down :)  I am trying to retrain myself with the tank (since there is always "something" I could be doing) but it's hard.

Anyway... her efforts seem to be paying off nicely so kudos to Sirena :highfive:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, albertareef said:

Haha!  Yeah, I can relate... Darcy knows when I get that look in my eye it's best to just steer clear and wait for the dust to settle.  She's learned not to start me on a project unless she is willing to write off the whole day because once I get started, I pretty much can't put it down :)  I am trying to retrain myself with the tank (since there is always "something" I could be doing) but it's hard.

Anyway... her efforts seem to be paying off nicely so kudos to Sirena :highfive:

Ha ha at least you're getting something done. I just stare at all my corsls mesmerized. 

18 minutes ago, Emerald525 said:

Ha ha at least you're getting something done. I just stare at all my corsls mesmerized. 

I think that's a common problem, or at least it is for me.  So Kim, there is something in one of the pics that i need......can you guess what it is??

15 minutes ago, MrBret said:

Yes the feeder :)

Wanareef made it of course !?

4 minutes ago, danlu_gt said:

Sunburst Anthias have always been on my want list. Saw a group of them at Jeff's but lost a few dispar anthias to the triggers so decided against them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Yes one of my favorites too but I tend not to feed enough which is why I haven't gotten one.  And yeah don't risk it with the triggers. :shock:

• 3 weeks later...

Just an update. Ned A. Borbonius was picking on Cindy Lou. He didn't attack just would chase her.  Sunbursts tend to be shy and she was always hiding. I thought about moving Ned to my tank but I don't think he would get fed enough so we found a great new home for Cindy Lou. She will be well taken care of.

13 hours ago, Emerald525 said:

Just an update. Ned A. Borbonius was picking on Cindy Lou. He didn't attack just would chase her.  Sunbursts tend to be shy and she was always hiding. I thought about moving Ned to my tank but I don't think he would get fed enough so we found a great new home for Cindy Lou. She will be well taken care of.

Sorry to hear you had to part with Cindy Lou but I guess that was always a risk. Such beautiful fish but definitely delicate and easily cowed. One of our female lyretails similarly never comes out - yet in her case I never see anyone chasing her!

Looks like Cindy Lou found a good home though.  Now she can be queen of her own kingdom and not have to worry about any bossy pants barbonius!

Edited by albertareef
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, albertareef said:

Sorry to hear you had to part with Cindy Lou but I guess that was always a risk. Such beautiful fish but definitely delicate and easily cowed. One of our female lyretails similarly never comes out - yet in her case I never see anyone chasing her!

Looks like Cindy Lou found a good home though.  Now she can be queen of her own kingdom and not have to worry about any bossy pants barboniis!

Sirena had a tough time letting her go. They do make you smile as they look like they are smiling back but we left her in the hands of a loving pro. I know Cherany will spoil her and treat her well! 

Ned is the king of his little castle and I was afraid the purple tang and melanarus would pick on him and Sirena wasn't ready for him to go either.