Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Emerald525

Sunburst Anthia Thanks Paradise Corals

Recommended Posts

Stopped by Paradise Corals today and was not planning on getting a fish but Bret happened to have another of my top 10 fish a Sunburst Anthia and I figured with Sirena's heavy feeding she would do fine in the seahorse tank!

Welcome Cindy Lou! :highfive:

 

sunburst.jpgSunburstanthia.jpg

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Little bit of
:YayWave:

And a lot of

:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: 

 

This is my favorite small fish in the sea! 

You're probably aware, but there are tales of borbs being nasty to sunbursts, so keep us posted how they get along. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Flashy Fins said:

Little bit of
:YayWave:

And a lot of

:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: 

 

This is my favorite small fish in the sea! 

You're probably aware, but there are tales of borbs being nasty to sunbursts, so keep us posted how they get along. 

Yeah I will keep an eye on those two. I'm hoping with Ned being young that it will be okay otherwise I suppose there is room in my tank for one of them..:fingerscrossed:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MrsBret said:

I love her! Glad she has a good home! Thank you! ♡

You are welcome it appears we keep missing you at the shop but Alexis made sure we didn't steal anything while Bret was away!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love these fish!  I wish I could keep one but my tangs would terrorize the poor thing. Hope it does well with Fred and Ginger ?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just an update. Cindy Lou is out still a little shy but feeding. So far no agression from Ned the Borbonius. In fact Ned hid when she would come out. They are tolerating each other so far.  

 

IMG_2302.JPG

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Emerald525 said:

Just an update. Cindy Lou is out still a little shy but feeding. So far no agression from Ned the Borbonius. In fact Ned hid when she would come out. They are tolerating each other so far.  

 

IMG_2302.JPG

So cool!  Love both of those fish so it's particularly neat to see them together.  Tank is looking great!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, albertareef said:

So cool!  Love both of those fish so it's particularly neat to see them together.  Tank is looking great!

Yeah Sirena has worked very hard and it shows. Pretty darn proud of her. I don't really help her with it because she gets in this zone and you just don't want to get to close.:seahorse::dry:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Emerald525 said:

Yeah Sirena has worked very hard and it shows. Pretty darn proud of her. I don't really help her with it because she gets in this zone and you just don't want to get to close.:seahorse::dry:

Haha!  Yeah, I can relate... Darcy knows when I get that look in my eye it's best to just steer clear and wait for the dust to settle.  She's learned not to start me on a project unless she is willing to write off the whole day because once I get started, I pretty much can't put it down :)  I am trying to retrain myself with the tank (since there is always "something" I could be doing) but it's hard.

Anyway... her efforts seem to be paying off nicely so kudos to Sirena :highfive:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, albertareef said:

Haha!  Yeah, I can relate... Darcy knows when I get that look in my eye it's best to just steer clear and wait for the dust to settle.  She's learned not to start me on a project unless she is willing to write off the whole day because once I get started, I pretty much can't put it down :)  I am trying to retrain myself with the tank (since there is always "something" I could be doing) but it's hard.

Anyway... her efforts seem to be paying off nicely so kudos to Sirena :highfive:

Ha ha at least you're getting something done. I just stare at all my corsls mesmerized. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Emerald525 said:

Ha ha at least you're getting something done. I just stare at all my corsls mesmerized. 

I think that's a common problem, or at least it is for me.  So Kim, there is something in one of the pics that i need......can you guess what it is??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, MrBret said:

I think that's a common problem, or at least it is for me.  So Kim, there is something in one of the pics that i need......can you guess what it is??

Yes but good luck with that I couldn't even get it away from her.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, MrBret said:

Well who made it? I want some 

Oh I thought you were talking about the mushroom. What are you referring too ? The seahorse feeder?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Emerald525 said:

Oh I thought you were talking about the mushroom. What are you referring too ? The seahorse feeder?

That is what I was going to guess but didn't want to ruin your fun :peace:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sunburst Anthias have always been on my want list. Saw a group of them at Jeff's but lost a few dispar anthias to the triggers so decided against them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, MrBret said:

Yes the feeder :)

Wanareef made it of course !?

4 minutes ago, danlu_gt said:

Sunburst Anthias have always been on my want list. Saw a group of them at Jeff's but lost a few dispar anthias to the triggers so decided against them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
 

Yes one of my favorites too but I tend not to feed enough which is why I haven't gotten one.  And yeah don't risk it with the triggers. :shock:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, HighschoolReefer said:

looovveeee these fish. great pick for the name!

 

Sirena is the naming expert!?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just an update. Ned A. Borbonius was picking on Cindy Lou. He didn't attack just would chase her.  Sunbursts tend to be shy and she was always hiding. I thought about moving Ned to my tank but I don't think he would get fed enough so we found a great new home for Cindy Lou. She will be well taken care of.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Emerald525 said:

Just an update. Ned A. Borbonius was picking on Cindy Lou. He didn't attack just would chase her.  Sunbursts tend to be shy and she was always hiding. I thought about moving Ned to my tank but I don't think he would get fed enough so we found a great new home for Cindy Lou. She will be well taken care of.

Sorry to hear you had to part with Cindy Lou but I guess that was always a risk. Such beautiful fish but definitely delicate and easily cowed. One of our female lyretails similarly never comes out - yet in her case I never see anyone chasing her!

Looks like Cindy Lou found a good home though.  Now she can be queen of her own kingdom and not have to worry about any bossy pants barbonius!

Edited by albertareef
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, albertareef said:

Sorry to hear you had to part with Cindy Lou but I guess that was always a risk. Such beautiful fish but definitely delicate and easily cowed. One of our female lyretails similarly never comes out - yet in her case I never see anyone chasing her!

Looks like Cindy Lou found a good home though.  Now she can be queen of her own kingdom and not have to worry about any bossy pants barboniis!

Sirena had a tough time letting her go. They do make you smile as they look like they are smiling back but we left her in the hands of a loving pro. I know Cherany will spoil her and treat her well! 

Ned is the king of his little castle and I was afraid the purple tang and melanarus would pick on him and Sirena wasn't ready for him to go either. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×