Thank you Sirena, Zoolander, Albertareef

Emerald525

I have thanked all the stores and I think all our officers and board members who helped but I also want to make sure a few others who are not in official roles get a shout out particularly Sirena:

She does a lot of behind the scenes work and hours that none of you even know about.

She coordinated the pink party bus and made the countless phone calls back and forth to find us something short notice during prom week!

After a long week at work she stopped twice at Costco and then was up at 5 am making the delicious breakfast burritos. She made them with love and you could sure feel it. I can't get her to go to the gym for me but she got up exhausted to make sure the food was just right!

She also arranged for the order and delivery of the food from Baja Fresh and did most of the set up and clean up.:clap:

Zoolander met us at 9am at Cuttlefish and provided us with free premixed high end alcohol. He followed us a long and was very professional. Very honest hard working guy. He's very professional and I would definitely use him for any party planning, promotional , or designing needs including logo designs. He's also just a fun guy to hang out with! He also provided the waivers I used and made a Tropic Thunder reference I didn't understand.. :unsure: Check out his website:

https://www.facebook.com/RineauMarketing/

Finally Albertareef aka Sean also met us at 9am so that he could deliver the IM Nuvo tank and food as it would not fit on the party bus over to Upscales. Sirena was going to have to do this and I didn't think it was right that she was not riding on it as she did all of the planning and coordinating of the party bus. Thanks Sean for always being willing to help in a pinch. I hope to see you running for the board.:clap:

I get lots of ideas for meetings but they would never come to light without the help of many so thank you. The April meeting was a blast and things like this can only come together with the support of all of you and all of our officers board members and official first lady Sirena!

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Emerald525 said:

Albertareef aka Sean also met us at 9am so that he could deliver the IM Nuvo tank and food as it would not fit on the party bus over to Upscales. Sirena was going to have to do this and I didn't think it was right that she was not riding on it as she did all of the planning and coordinating of the party bus. Thanks Sean for always being willing to help in a pinch. I hope to see you running for the board.:clap:

:thumbs: Yes, agreed wholeheartedly!  

Just don't take my spot on the board... :joking:

• Like 6

We have some amazing people in this club!  Sirena, you 'da lady! :clap:  People who've seen what I eat usually ask me to bring paper towels to potlucks, so I am impressed with your dedication to filling our bellies. :popcorn:

Richard, you're a brave one, giving a bunch of "those weird fish people" free alcohol! :laugh:  Those who drink sure appreciated it, and those of us who don't greatly enjoyed the antics of those who do/did. Tipsy friends are happy and fun friends! :hermit:

• Like 8

It was a pleasure to help out - especially since it allowed Sirena to make it on the party bus.  After all the work she put in that would have been unthinkable for her to miss it!  Thanks again for the delicious burritos Sirena!

I can not thank you enough Sean, you truly are a first class guy! I always enjoy my many talks with you while at these events [emoji3] and for you to step up and shuttle food and prizes around so I could ride on the bus was amazing thank you from the bottom of my heart [emoji173]️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 5

I have thanked all the stores and I think all our officers and board members who helped but I also want to make sure a few others who are not in official roles get a shout out particularly Sirena:
She does a lot of behind the scenes work and hours that none of you even know about.
She coordinated the pink party bus and made the countless phone calls back and forth to find us something short notice during prom week!
After a long week at work she stopped twice at Costco and then was up at 5 am making the delicious breakfast burritos. She made them with love and you could sure feel it. I can't get her to go to the gym for me but she got up exhausted to make sure the food was just right!
She also arranged for the order and delivery of the food from Baja Fresh and did most of the set up and clean up.:clap:
Zoolander met us at 9am at Cuttlefish and provided us with free premixed high end alcohol. He followed us a long and was very professional. Very honest hard working guy. He's very professional and I would definitely use him for any party planning, promotional , or designing needs including logo designs. He's also just a fun guy to hang out with! He also provided the waivers I used and made a Tropic Thunder reference I didn't understand.. :unsure: Check out his website:
https://www.facebook.com/RineauMarketing/

Finally Albertareef aka Sean also met us at 9am so that he could deliver the IM Nuvo tank and food as it would not fit on the party bus over to Upscales. Sirena was going to have to do this and I didn't think it was right that she was not riding on it as she did all of the planning and coordinating of the party bus. Thanks Sean for always being willing to help in a pinch. I hope to see you running for the board.:clap:

I get lots of ideas for meetings but they would never come to light without the help of many so thank you. The April meeting was a blast and things like this can only come together with the support of all of you and all of our officers board members and official first lady Sirena!

Thank you Kim! It is truly a pleasure to help out in any way I can. And as we all know I live to cook so really you guys are doing me the favor [emoji849][emoji848]
I want to thank everyone who helped me out... Sean, Andrew, Lauren, Richard... you all carried bags back and forth for me [emoji8]. This is a great group... more than just fish geeks... friends! And I love to see everyone come together for each other! It makes my heart happy!

• Like 5

I appreciate the kind words, happy to help out as needed. Our company page is www.rineaumarketing.com for those interested. 

Richard... you my friend are a hoot.... yes professional... and a really great guy.... but I had such a blast siting with you and chit chatting on the makeshift salt couch at cuttlefish [emoji12]? thanks for all your help!!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Flashy Fins said:

There is plenty to go around. It's nice to see so many people who are interested in being on the board. I remember times where we were begging for people. You have certainly been a great addition to the board. Between moderating the threads , the par meter, helping with meetings and the big one we are planning in October you certainly have my vote!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Flashy Fins said:

Wouldn't dream of it Cherany!  Wouldn't be the same without you - I can't think of anyone with the combination of fish knowledge, energy, enthusiasm and color sense who could possibly replace you? Love hanging out talking fish with you and I always come away having learned something. You're the best!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Stugots said:

I'm interested in volunteering some time, whether it be a formal position, committee involvement, or something else (grunt labor ok by me!). Please let me know how I may be of service to this wonderful group. 

Thanks Nick! I will definitely keep you in mind!  I really appreciate the offer! It's also pretty fun at times and sometimes we have cool board meetings where Sirena cooks! :)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Emerald525 said:

There is plenty to go around. It's nice to see so many people who are interested in being on the board. I remember times where we were begging for people. You have certainly been a great addition to the board. Between moderating the threads , the par meter, helping with meetings and the big one we are planning in October you certainly have my vote!

Wholeheartedly agree with this!

it does seem like there is more interest and enthusiasm these days (compared to when I last spent time with the group) which is great to see. I recall trying to nominate a few of the outstanding contributors back in the day but people just didn't have the time to spare - which I totally understand. I think we have a very engaged and committed leadership group right now and this really helps foster excitement in others. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, albertareef said:

Wholeheartedly agree with this!

it does seem like there is more interest and enthusiasm these days (compared to when I last spent time with the group) which is great to see. I recall trying to nominate a few of the outstanding contributors back in the day but people just didn't have the time to spare - which I totally understand. I think we have a very engaged and committed leadership group right now and this really helps foster excitement in others. 

I agree. I have been on the board in the past and served as president in the past and probably the biggest difference is the trust and  respect we have for each other. We do not always agree which is good but since we have the underlying base of trust and friendship we respect everyone's opinion. We do not waste a lot of time arguing back and forth so we can actually get things moving forward and we are like minded individuals who have a passion for the hobby.

MRBret is a numbers guy which is much appreciated as that is not my strong point

Holly is just all around organized and always asking what she can do to help

Miles always has a smile and his enthusiasm is contagious but yet takes his responsibilities seriously and never misses a meeting though he is clear out in Corvallis

Cherany is an energizer bunny and jack of all trades and has been an asset in getting things done quickly as I do not have the time to take care of everything.

Badxgillen  is a master in setting up tanks and the equipment part of this hobby and also does a good job of dealing with any negative things that happen in a respectful manner

Garret from TPA is a great resource in getting the business perspective of this hobby and has a lot to do with the harmony we now have between members and sponsors. There are many owners who don't like the clubs because they feel like they compete for them for business but Garrett has shown how with collaboration we can benefit both.

Lexinverts is hard working and has done a lot of behind the scenes in getting the sponsorships more organized.

Jorge was a great soldier when he had the time to be involved. I could give him a task and he would not veer from it! He also has awesome muscles for lifting heavy things!

Kknight has helped get our Tanks for Teacher program more active and I would like to see this grow which is why she is stepping down and giving up her spot on the board so she can focus all of her attention on this great program.

Thanks to all of you!

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Sirena said:

I can not thank you enough Sean, you truly are a first class guy! I always enjoy my many talks with you while at these events emoji3.png and for you to step up and shuttle food and prizes around so I could ride on the bus was amazing thank you from the bottom of my heart emoji173.png

The least I can do to support everything you do for the club!  Always a joy to talk to you as well - wish I had more time for that at the meeting but I got distracted by coral (squirrel!). I recall just how welcoming you (and Kim) were at my first meeting (of the "new era") at your house (summer BBQ) and it really motivated me to try and contribute to the group however/whenever I can.  Love hanging out with you all...

Edited by albertareef
  • Like 2