New here with a new tank question

Swampy

It's been pumping for 3 days.  All cloudyness was gone Saturday morning.  Everything looks good.  I did move the live rock to rearrange it with the tank clear during they process.  

I think this is something normal but the sudden change seems a bit strange at least to me.

this is the tank for early in the morning.

I need to work on taking pictures, they all end up very blue.

IMG_0075.JPG

• Like 1

Welcome, I to set up an E-170 about 9 months ago.  I started with dry rock and the cycle took about 5 weeks before i could add any livestock.  During the cycle my rock had some white sediment on the surface, was able to blow it off with a turkey baster.  All types of weird stuff is going to happen during the cycle, just be patient and dont rush anything.

• Like 1

After realizing my filter bag was clogged in the sump.  Doh! My little tank is looking better.  So day 3.5 with the tank and I have some nice growth of brown algae.  Looking forward to the ammonia to go down so I can get some cleaners in there.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/16/2017 at 5:43 PM, ninkylou said:

Welcome to the forum. I will give you some of the good advice I was given here a few weeks ago.  Consider moving your rock away from the glass.  Its a bugger to clean the glass when its so close.

Looking forward to seeing your tank grow.

I second this. I made this mistake and it;s a nightmare to clean the glass.

• Like 1

When you're ready I'd be happy to give you some free starter frags! I'm located in the forest grove area, and I usually always have a few kinds of coral and anenomes. There are so many great people here to help you with any problems that pop up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G360AZ using Tapatalk

Thank you all for the advice. Taylor I may hit you up on that offer.  I may have a business trip next to the Far East. 

The wife and I rearranged the rocks today and made a couple more additions of color.  I am still deciding on the lower profile look of them. The chromis seem to like it better like this.

image.jpg