April 2017 Pink Limo Tour Pictures

badxgillen

Holy Smokes!!! That was a Great meeting! All who attended know exactly what I am talking about...But to those who were not able to make it here are some pictures to fill you in on some of the details.

First thing was first, meet up at a familiar spot to board the Pink Party Hummer. You might see some of the familiar PNWMAS gang here getting ready to live it up on the Wild Coral Mystery Tour!

SAM_8303.JPG

Ladies and gentlemen, grab your adult beverages and coolers, this is going to get a little crazy up in here.

SAM_8318.JPG

The Pink Hummer has arrived!

SAM_8319.JPG

I mean look at this thing, we are about to hit this tour in style.

• Like 3

First Stop, Upscales Fish and Reptiles. One hour shopping begins Now!

SAM_8372.JPG

Joining us was Vance and his wife as well as Albertareef. Higherthinking here in the front leading the pack and Lexinverts far left.

SAM_8374.JPG

Travis was such a gracious host he provided donuts, PNWMAS 10% off all livestock sale, and a very generous giveaway of a full setup reef system. This is already getting good from the get go. You Da Man Travis!!!

And to make the morning even better Sirena made some of the awesomest breakfast burritos! I failed to get a picture though since I immediately put the camera down to eat one of those delicious tortilla wraps. Thank You SIrena!

SAM_8378.JPG

The store was looking very nice today and we made great use of the facility, I picked out an acro from Bali and a couple of killer $10 frags from the SPS section. I know that I saw a number of other folks rounding up a few corals for themselves.

SAM_8382.JPG

I know not many of you are reptile fans but I am, things were looking very clean and proper, just the way a pet store should. Keep up the good work guys.

SAM_8385.JPG

I mean just look at this RedSea!!! Always find something I need at Upscales.

• Like 4

While making rounds in the store I got the pleasure of seeing and chatting with a number of our fine crew including but not limited to...

SAM_8419.JPG

Stugots, nice meeting you, keep us all posted on when you get your setup chugging along. Love seeing new systems develop into full reefs, make sure to update a build thread when you do.

SAM_8473.JPG

Rbeyer, hope the corals fit into your wife's nano until you get your sump figured out. And feel free to hit me up some time if you have a question or want to snag some of that Purigen.

SAM_8443.JPG

Lexinverts and Highschool reefer. Glad you made it to a meeting, I hope the people at the shop and in the club are able to give you some good advice for your system. No matter how long you have been in the hobby there is always more to learn.

SAM_8428.JPG

Karen, our head of tanks for teachers, out putting smiles on everyones faces including this little reefer. Seeing happy children always puts a grin on my face.

SAM_8417.JPG

We all know Bicycle Bill, and here we have him in his native environment amongst the SPS and Acropora corals.

SAM_8459.JPG

OH Shoot!!! Its already time for the raffle! Emerald and Gill&Fin make an excellent duo.

SAM_8454.JPG

As usual the suspense is killing. FlashyFins, Alberta Reef, Highschool Reefer, RBeyer, Stylaster.

SAM_8467.JPG

The light through the window ruined this shot but I think you can tell who was the winner here, KKnight takes the prize, Way to go Karen.

• Like 4

Then it was back on the bus, drinks and corals in hand and off to the next destination.

SAM_8491.JPG

Just look at this cheerful crowd, there was certainly some funny conversations going on. Too bad we didn't have video, there was a little karaoke going on to some 80s hits.

SAM_8496.JPG

Knuckle Dragger, Flashy Fins, and Gumby talkin Tanks. Still thinking about that "White Elephant" frag swap.

SAM_8504.JPG

OH! And before I go too much further I wanted to give a shout out to the driver, it must have been a tiny bit difficult navigating that hummer in Portland area. Thank You Sir! Unfortunately I didn't catch his name.

• Like 4

Next Stop! Golden Basket.

SAM_8518.JPG

Andy made sure to get in first, save some for me Lex!

SAM_8520.JPG

And here we have found one of those elusive MattVs shown under actinic lighting.

SAM_8522.JPG

And just in case some one here has not been to Golden Basket here is a sample of what you were missing. I have many more pics but to keep this short I will post those later on or in a separate thread.

SAM_8538.JPG

The owner and host Rudy giving out some of his vast coral knowledge, he has decades under his belt in the marine industry, good guy to talk too.

SAM_8552.JPG

Now look who showed up, Spectra. Can't leave without snagging a coral or two right!? Too bad about that mili pack though, at least it went to someone in the club right?SAM_8558.JPG

AWWW Man, it is raffle time again already!?..I bet thats what Lex said when he got out of the back room :)

• Like 7

In addition to the gift certificate there was several donated prizes made by Golden Basket, A Ephyllia Coral Trio, A zoanthid Six Pack, and the sought after Acropora Milis. 

SAM_8560.JPG

Who is the lucky winner #1?..Wait for it....

SAM_8563.JPG

Gift certificate goes to a member i did not get to meet, maybe someone here can give me a name to put to the face? Happy camper though, spend it up!

SAM_8572.JPG

And then there's This Guy. HigherThinking takes second certificate for some much needed reef tank spending.

SAM_8583.JPG

Jeremy had a winning ticket for some very nice corals.

SAM_8588.JPG

Matt here got to choose out of the Golden Basket coral frag packs, so jealous.

SAM_8594.JPG

And I believe it was Stugots here that snagged the last of those delicious corals, take good care of em yeah.

SAM_8603.JPG

And for no apparaent reason other than it is amazing I am posting this nem that was at GB...Isn't it Wonderful?

• Like 5

Then, once again, it was back on the party limo! Did I mention this was Awesomely decked out for the ride!

SAM_8615.JPG

The ceiling was a bit low for some but I myself have short legs so no problems for me, just a little cozy sitting in the far front of the vehicle...Right next to the ice and drinks.

SAM_8610.JPG

And boy were there Drinks! Mixed drinks left and right! Hennesy, vodka, tequila, margarita, and the usual coffee and ice water. Hey! What are you all doing back there!?

SAM_8617.JPG

Last stop of the tour was Cuttlefish and Corals. But before we went in for some more raffles and corals we stopped for a nice group photo. Isn't it lovely? The weather was perfect and so was this group of people.

• Like 6

Like I said, Last Stop CNC!

SAM_8630.JPG

Always a pleasure to see this guy, Jeff has always been generous to the club and fair with all his customers. He also happens to get some very nice corals too.

SAM_8632.JPG

The tanks were looking good, and the corals were stocked up, found myself a few pieces here too, from acros to zoas.

SAM_8640.JPG

The new shop has a nice layout and the floor is nice and open, that is until we all trickled in form the limo. Then there was a most notable PNWMAS presence.

SAM_8703.JPG

Danlu came in to do a presentation on his Reefi lighting system and donated even more prizes to the raffles, what a guy. I am sure with the new business and newborn baby he is always short on time so thanks for coming in and answering some questions in person, it is a very nive LED product.

• Like 2

Right after the Reefi demonstration it was on to the final raffles, some serious prizes to be had here...Daniel donated one of his Reefi LED lighting systems to the prizes wich is a $300 light! And Jeff at Cuttlefish and Corals donated $300 in corals too making this a pretty sizable raffle here.

SAM_8730.JPG

First winner was Vance! And as you can see Kim is Really excited, and why not, its a certificate to Reefi lighting. And if I recall that is pretty convenient since you have a unit already. Maybe snag some hanging brackets or use it toward the upcoming system I heard he has been working on.

SAM_8745.JPG

Then we have Cherany here, who somehow "blind" picks the name she said she would grab...

SAM_8756.JPG

And that was Miles, he takes the CNC certificate and turns it into some much needed saltwater fish for his system at home. Congrats.

SAM_8773.JPG

And here we have Kim giving Holly a hard time with the ticket draw...No Peeking right!?

SAM_8777.JPG

A Cuttlefish and Corals winner right here! KnickleDragger takes home a generous coral from Jeff.

SAM_8788.JPG

As does AlbertaReef, I believe the CNC coral winners got to choose there prize from the coral tanks themselves from $50-$100.

SAM_8798.JPG

Grand Prize winner of the Reefi LED unit went to Rick! Your gonna dig this light man, so much coverage and with custom ability surpassing several other competitors. This here is a happy man.

• Like 4

At this point we had Baja Fresh stop in with the afternoon lunch Mexican style and we all just continued to shop. After the raffles were finished it was a coral and fish free for all, I mean bags, frags, and fish were just flying out the door.

SAM_8805.JPG

Jeff and his crew were all over it, bagging and packing critters left and right! These guys were pros thats for sure, thanks Robyna for the assistance and thank you to the other young gentleman who was on the clock, good team.

SAM_8683.JPG

Sorry, obligatory sweet coral shot to interrupt the thread some. And I really just liked these acans, but had to leave without them, my priorities lied in the zoa tank.

SAM_8809.JPG

And look at this! Daniels wife and newborn baby, are you two getting any sleep yet. You have such a beautiful child, you two are no doubt very proud. Glad you made it out.

Well, I think that was about the time we started to wrap up the tour we had, I know there are tons of other details I left out but I can only cover so much ground in so little time. Maybe some of the other folks that attended would like to share some pictures and or experiences form the trip.

It was a good one.

• Like 4

I would also like to give a proper shout out to the people who made this all possible. the Officers, the BOD, our great Sponsors including Travis, Rudy, Jeff, and The PNWMAS Club itself you all are AWESOME! I would also like to give a special thanks to Kim and SIrena for coordinating the limo, getting the food together, and creating the itinerary for the day. It wouldn't have happened without you and It couldn't have gone any better, you Gals Rock...You Too Holly, your golden in my book!

And one other thank you to the Zoolander, he supplied a number of tasty adult beverages, at least they smelled tasty.

SAM_8322.JPG

And like Andrew said, with a screen name like Zoolander your gonna get your picture taken, thanks again man.

• Like 6

Although I cannot attend nearly as many meetings as I'd like, I really appreciate the time that Robert puts into documenting these events (the play-by-play commentary is often hilarious) and the time and energy that the leaders in this organization put into making these monthly meetings happen. Much respect and appreciation to all! Very well done.:drinking:

• Like 4

Whew I think Sirena and I finally recovered. Thank you Robert for posting up all the pictures! I am going to put a special thank you thread up but also wanted to give a special thanks to Sirena.

This event truly wouldn't have happened without her help and all the hours she dedicates to plan and prepare the food is truly a labor of love.

Also thank you to Richard aka Zoolander. He provided the alcohol , waivers and some of the raffle prizes. He's a true pro and the premixed drinks were amazing. If you need to do event planning or marketing definitely go with him.

• Like 3

Thanks for taking and sharing the pictures, Bert!  Especially love our group shot in front of the Hummer. :cool:

I'll toss in a few from my camera.:cheer:

DSC_8602.jpg

We all knew someone would have a little fun on the pole, and Holly was a great sport. Werk it, guuurrrrrrl. :mermaid:

DSC_8605.jpg

Andy giving us a sampling of the joy resonating throughout the bus. Can't fake a smile like that! :biggrin2:

DSC_8607.jpg

Myself, Bill, and Miles, enjoying the ride. :fish:

DSC_8608.jpg

If you've ever wondered what Roy looks like THISCLOSEUP, now you know! :laugh: It's payback for those bunny ears he gave me in the group shot. :tongue:

DSC_8610.jpg

Club President & First Lady :seahorse: with Mr. & Mrs. Higher Thinking in the background. :love_heart:

The other pics I have are pretty much duplicates of Bert's, so maybe I'll sit farther away from him next time and get opposite angles. I always mean to bring my camera to meetings, then forgo it when I think about how heavy it makes my purse. I commend Bert for strapping that camera around his neck - I know my wimpy butt would be complaining of neck pain after just 5 minutes! :blush: 

Thanks to everyone who made the day tons of fun!  Already looking forward to doing it again! :clap:

• Like 4

Thanks for taking and sharing the pictures, Bert!  Especially love our group shot in front of the Hummer. :cool:
I'll toss in a few from my camera.:cheer:
DSC_8602.jpg
We all knew someone would have a little fun on the pole, and Holly was a great sport. Werk it, guuurrrrrrl. :mermaid:
DSC_8605.jpg
Andy giving us a sampling of the joy resonating throughout the bus. Can't fake a smile like that! :biggrin2:
DSC_8607.jpg
Myself, Bill, and Miles, enjoying the ride. :fish:
DSC_8608.jpg
If you've ever wondered what Roy looks like THISCLOSEUP, now you know! [emoji23] It's payback for those bunny ears he gave me in the group shot. :tongue:
DSC_8610.jpg
Club President & First Lady :seahorse: with Mr. & Mrs. Higher Thinking in the background. :love_heart:

The other pics I have are pretty much duplicates of Bert's, so maybe I'll sit farther away from him next time and get opposite angles. I always mean to bring my camera to meetings, then forgo it when I think about how heavy it makes my purse. I commend Bert for strapping that camera around his neck - I know my wimpy butt would be complaining of neck pain after just 5 minutes! :blush: 
Thanks to everyone who made the day tons of fun!  Already looking forward to doing it again! :clap:

That's the look of me looking up, quickly realizing you are taking a photo, but then too slow to make a smile. Weren't we talking about Resting B Faces? Hopefully mine isn't that good. :)

Oh and good thing you got that photo of Holly early on during her performance. It wouldn't be appropriate to post the photos from the end........
.....kidding of course!

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

• Like 3