Sign in to follow this  
Emerald525

Vote for a guest speaker !

Who would you like as a guest speaker?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as a guest speaker?

• Jake Adams
    • Matt Pederson
    • Bob Fenner
    • Laura Simmons
    • Hunter Hammond
    • Dana Riddle
    • Matt Wandell
    • Mr. Saltwater
    • Steve Tyree
    • Other

This list is not all inclusive and there are no guarantees that I can get the people mentioned so vote for everyone you are interested in and I will do my best.

You can vote for multiple different speakers and I will rank them accordingly.

If you do not know who all these people are don't worry neither did I but google is your friend as well as Macna speakers and you can even find videos of some of their talks.

• Like 2

Hi Kim - maybe you could edit the topic title to include "poll" just to differentiated it from the other thread where people were listing out ideas?

• Like 1

Any way to undo my vote for a do-over? I managed to leave the box unchecked for one of my own suggestions! :doh:  It would be quite the test to see how popular (or not) he really is, but I'd feel bad if he got 0 votes! 

A bit of helpful info for others:

Hunter Hammond is better known as evolved, resident wrasse expert on reef2reef and many other forums and blogs. He will be speaking at MACNA this year.

• Like 1

Mr. Saltwater Tank = Mark Callahan, but if you google that name, you get a sports guy, so I can see why he chose to go by the nickname. 

19 hours ago, Flashy Fins said:

Any way to undo my vote for a do-over? I managed to leave the box unchecked for one of my own suggestions! :doh:  It would be quite the test to see how popular (or not) he really is, but I'd feel bad if he got 0 votes! 

I don't know if there is a way to do that cherany. I think as an admin you can delete your vote and then vote again. If not let me know and I will vote for them. Chances are I was going to anyway because we really can't lose if we get any of these speakers.

• Like 1

Yes!!! Great Suggestions everyone! These are all winners in my book, getting to hear a talk on a specialty of theirs and then be able to ask follow up questions in person is priceless.

• Like 1