Powerpocolapse 2017!

Sasquatch

Haven't had any power issues, although the gas stations near me did. Had to wait a while before they could pump for me, since the systems all reset. Of course, I was on my last ounce of gas after going to Cuttlefish to feed my addiction. This seems to be a recurring theme for me...

There is a tree right outside my window that is making me nervous. It's blowing around like crazy, and if it topples, it would not only crash into my apartment but also take out power lines with it. The power lines were on top of the building, but they've fallen some and are now close enough outside my window for me to reach out and touch. Looks all kinds of hazardous. :unsure:

5 hours ago, Jeremevans said:

Power is still on at my place, but I am now thinking more about getting a backup power solution.

Knock on wood but the longest we've lost power in the almost 3 years out here was about 3 hours. But I do have a generator setup to feed my panel of needed

• Like 1

Knock on wood but the longest we've lost power in the almost 3 years out here was about 3 hours. But I do have a generator setup to feed my panel of needed

How does that work? Do you flip some breakers over and then fire up or do you have a big enough generator to run the whole house?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Jeremevans said:

How does that work? Do you flip some breakers over and then fire up or do you have a big enough generator to run the whole house?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flip off the main and back feed the 50 amp welding receptacle. Will keep the tank up lights on and fridge and freezer. The best way would be to have a transfer switch and only turn on the circuits you need with the flip of a switch. But I plan on selling the house is this year so didn't want to invest in it. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Vance164 said:

Flip off the main and back feed the 50 amp welding receptacle. Will keep the tank up lights on and fridge and freezer. The best way would be to have a transfer switch and only turn on the circuits you need with the flip of a switch. But I plan on selling the house is this year so didn't want to invest in it. 

Sounds like you have skills Vance!  Good to know ? Glad you were able to escape any harm. Feel badly for markvo!