Powerpocolapse 2017!

Sasquatch

The power is out all over. From Salem to Vancover, Mt. Hood to the coast. 

How is everyone faring? They say it will be back up in ~6 hours. I think my tank will live in room temp but I know some other people's tanks are more delicate.

IMG_1253.JPG

• Like 1

Tree snapped in half 1 block from my house and resting on a power line. I still have power but I'm just a little worried as I have a batch of roughly 500 fry brewing in the basement. I have a genny ready to go but I'm stuck at work! Ugh!

3 minutes ago, chewie said:

Tree snapped in half 1 block from my house and resting on a power line. I still have power but I'm just a little worried as I have a batch of roughly 500 fry brewing in the basement. I have a genny ready to go but I'm stuck at work! Ugh!

Oh man... hope it hold out until they can get the tree off!  As if raising 500 fry isn't stressful enough!  Congrats on the new brood BTW.

35 minutes ago, Emerald525 said:

Power is on here. Chewie I have a generator of you need to borrow it.

Wind is crazy and I had a tree branch fall on me on my run this morning . I knew there was a good chance that would happen.IMG_2268.JPG

Ouch!  Glad it wasn't any more serious!  That is some dedication to running there Kim - wouldn't catch me out there under any trees... well, not unless free coral was involved.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, albertareef said:

Ouch!  Glad it wasn't any more serious!  That is some dedication to running there Kim - wouldn't catch me out there under any trees... well, not unless free coral was involved.

Yeah it sucks running with the wind. Blew me sideways once. And no there was no coral and hey my arm blocked the corgi from getting hit!

Nature1 Kim 0 ;)

It's times like these when I wonder if we could make a loaner club generator work somehow.  Unfortunately, the logistics always seem like they would be too daunting.  Either someone will be too far away (or unable to travel) or everyone will need it at once. Still...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, albertareef said:

It's times like these when I wonder if we could make a loaner club generator work somehow.  Unfortunately, the logistics always seem like they would be too daunting.  Either someone will be too far away (or unable to travel) or everyone will need it at once. Still...

It's not a bad idea. It seems that often power is up one place and down another. I know there are some cheap options for generators. Typically a tank can go a few hours without needing power so it could work. :)

1 minute ago, Emerald525 said:

It's not a bad idea. It seems that often power is up one place and down another. I know there are some cheap options for generators. Typically a tank can go a few hours without needing power so it could work. :)

Could be.  Seems like it's only one or maybe two people who end up down for an extended time and, if they are, it would be well worth a drive to pick it up - could save a lot of suffering. We could try and minimize hassle by keeping it with someone located fairly centrally... just spitballing here.

• Like 1

So not sure what time we lost power...but we are powerless still. All three tanks are off.  I'm too afraid to look at them for the moment. 

Our site was S h u t down at 11 due to the high wind and such....now just waiting and praying for power to turn on.  

Edited by Flash21

3 minutes ago, Flash21 said:

So not sure what time we lost power...but we are powerless still. All three tanks are off.  I'm too afraid to look at them for the moment. 

Our site was S h u t down at 11 due to the high wind and such....now just waiting and praying for power to turn on.  

Sorry to hear about that Flash - hope things come back on soon!

Kim - maybe it would be worth pursuing the convo regarding a club generator?  Not to put more stuff on your plate... It does make a degree of sense as something that is a bit too expensive for most folk to invest in individually on the off chance they need it but, when they need it, they NEED it.  

5 minutes ago, albertareef said:

Sorry to hear about that Flash - hope things come back on soon!

Kim - maybe it would be worth pursuing the convo regarding a club generator?  Not to put more stuff on your plate... It does make a degree of sense as something that is a bit too expensive for most folk to invest in individually on the off chance they need it but, when they need it, they NEED it.  

I will definitely keep it on the list.

(Translation great idea  , too many things going on right now , keep it in mind and nominate Sean for bod to carry forth with this idea)?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Emerald525 said:

I will definitely keep it on the list.

(Translation great idea  , too many things going on right now , keep it in mind and nominate Sean for bod to carry forth with this idea)?

Ahha - payback time!  You would think I would know how this works by now but I guess age doesn't always generate wisdom :)  Actually would be happy to help...

• Like 2