Warm welcome to our newest sponsor!

Emerald525

It is a great pleasure to welcome our newest sponsor ! Please give a warm welcome to Paradise Coral! :clap:

There's a new shop on the westside! Located in Hillsboro! Mr. Bret has been working hard behind the scenes and from the pictures I have seen , it's pretty amazing!

Very proud to announce our very own treasurer and Merry Maid is now the proud owner of a store!:YayWave:

Congratulations!:drinking:Judging from all the little treasures that Jeff was holding for you, :drool:I can't wait to see what you have in store!

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, Flashy Fins said:

:YayWave:

Can't wait to check the place out! Are you officially open, Bret?

Well the grand opening will be next month, but i am paying rent and i had everything fall into place this week. We got our door signage yesterday and some things that were going to happen in a week we got pleasantly surprized with early. Silly things realy. We didnt want to open untill our neon sign was made, and i got to pick that up today. The other was the arrival of our jellyfish :)

Lots of changes will be happening over the first few months, dont have all my tanks in yet,  but one of the things we are specializing in and want to being to the area is Jellyfish keeping.  There are actually several different jellyfish tank companys and ones that raise and have differnt jellyfish you can keep at home.

It wasnt the easiest account to get but we decided on Cubic Jellyfish Aquarium Systems.  

Paper comes off the windows this Saturday!

• Like 4

Lets see other info...I have forged a friendship with a local artist, Shane Koehler.  There will be works of art done by him being rotated and displayed here on a permanent bases.  He has a lot of different projects he's working on but for this Saturday's unofficial opening he has 7 zoanthids finished and 1 bounce mushroom. Here's the only pic i have of the art at the moment. And a pricing flyer he made up. ( the Rasta is already sold )

received_764116723486.jpeg

received_764116568796.jpeg

• Like 6

6 hours ago, danlu_gt said:

cool, this is so close to me.  Walking distance from my favorite Japanese restaurant.

You must mean Syun Izakaya. I believe its been voted hands down the #1 Japanese restaurant in Oregon.  Crazy designed sushi, restaurant is like a little different world.

• Like 1

Yes, Syun is the best. Other than renowned sushi, I love their pickled ginger salmon. And they're located in the old library building my dad used to go to when he was a kid. It's been awhile -- I need to get out here again. 

Congrats Mr. Bret on the new store.  Much success!!

• Like 1

I'm thinking we need a new forum for Jellyfish!     I had the great sea life namer and forum first lady stop by today and asked if she would do the honor and name the jellyfish. Next week we will have several of them, but for now I'm happy to introduce to you....." Ursula "  she is a moon jelly ( Dont ask me how Sienna knows, she had to bond with her a bit, lol )

20170409_113708.jpg

20170409_113037.jpg

20170409_112951.jpg

• Like 4

There will be 7 different tanks with Jellies in them in a few weeks.  The big tank should have a good group in them by Wednesday.  Seems i can stare at Ursula for hours, lol. Not sure how she will feel when all her cousins show up :unsure:

• Like 2