Aquatop RC24G

ninkylou

• 1 month later...

Here's my latest update on my tank. I have spent a stupid amount of money on a variety of things. I have lost a few fish, I mean lost...never to be seen again with a screen top. Current and pretty long term residents are Darwin clown(was first fish) I have tried to add 2 others first one I found dead after being seemingly fine second one completely disappeared, again fine, active and eating when I left for work that morning. Lost both fire fish, separately. Again one I saw dying and removed it one vanished. So also doing great is a sapphire damsel and a orange spot Goby. He has a pistol buddy.

Lots, probably too many LPS and Zoas. The WWC sps have not faired well but I should never have bought them. [language filter] ambien.

Got lots of equipment, ATO upgraded skimmer, Koralia wavemaker, fans and heater controller, dosing pump for the Red Sea foundation system with Nopox. Yesterday I ordered the Seneye Reef monitor. So here is the lesson of what too much disposable income and not enough self control can get you in 8 weeks.

I must be doing something right cause these corals are growing and showing like crazy.

I am getting a Ragnarox island made for my WWC Zoa garden to show off my Darth Mauls, Scarfaces, Utter Nonsense and a few others.

ba1dd7b0002484b791a8101041f1bef2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I have officially replaced everything that came with this Aquatop system but the tank, sump and plumbing...Today I put in a Current eFlux DC return pump.  I love the DC skimmer and everything I read said these were quiet.  WOWSA no lie, its silent. The Aquatop pump I had vibrated so much it was a distraction and I hated the rough stop and start for feeding.  I was nervous that I would not be able to dial this in low enough for my tank but I actually have it at about 25%.  I attached a limewood airstone to the front grate and connected the airline tubing and tomorrow going to see if I can get some microscrubbing going.  I have made sure everything I have purchased can be used in a bigger tank :).  Only thing I will need to buy to upsize to a 50g will be a second AI Prime....I like to plan ahead LOL.  My Corcea clam has been in the tank for a week or so now and seems to be doing great.

• Like 2