Back to the hobby after a long hiatus

ninkylou

It's been a few years since I last posted.  I ended up selling my 72g system back in either late 2011 or early 2012.  I had been travelling with my job and my daughter just didn't want to manage maintenance in my absence.  It was a tough decision, but the right one for me at the time.  I was so afraid the tank would just crash in my absence and  that would have devastated me

Well its 2017, no more travel, I am about to set up a 24g Aquatop RC24G.  

Heading out to pick it up at Barrier Reef, here in Renton.  I actually have a JBJ 28g Nano Cube arriving from and online retailer but when I saw this nice rimless setup at the store yesterday, came home and did some research and decided I will send the JBJ back when it arrives.

Glad to be back.

Looking forward to devouring the expertise that I have always found with this group.

Trying to remember...is there a membership fee?  Mine is overdue I bet!! (edit - found the link. Done)

Edited by ninkylou
  • Like 1

Welcome back!  I did the same thing - gone from around 09/10 until last spring. Just got the new tank up about 7 months ago. Lots of things have changed in that time (new coral, fish, technogy) but people here are still really helpful and knowledgeable so I am sure you will have lots of fun getting up and running again. Cheers!

17 minutes ago, albertareef said:

Welcome back!  I did the same thing - gone from around 09/10 until last spring. Just got the new tank up about 7 months ago. Lots of things have changed in that time (new coral, fish, technogy) but people here are still really helpful and knowledgeable so I am sure you will have lots of fun getting up and running again. Cheers!

You are so right!  I started my research last month and wowsa have things changed.  Love the LED lighting that's for sure.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
One day, I sat a bottle of Flatworm Exit right next to my eye drops and noticed they come in the exact same bottle with different labels. Nearly gave myself a heart attack just at the thought of mixing them up!  Very quickly separated the two. 

I took a dog flea control pill many, many years ago. Was talking to one of the kids as I was getting it out, walked over to the sink, poured a glass of water and down the hatch. Realized it the split second after I swallowed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just now, ninkylou said:

I took a dog flea control pill many, many years ago. Was talking to one of the kids as I was getting it out, walked over to the sink, poured a glass of water and down the hatch. Realized it the split second after I swallowed.

:shock:  

I guess there's just one question to ask... did it take care of the fleas? :laugh:

• Like 1