Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Emerald525

April meeting raffle items!

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, albertareef said:

That is interesting... I saw it, but only one copy.

 

39 minutes ago, Flashy Fins said:

They showed as being 14 minutes apart when I noticed, too. I thought, "How did she manage that?"  I figured multi-tasking was to blame, but seems not. Can't tell if it was something weird with the forum or something weird with my browser. 

Cherany just didn't want me to think you were awesome..:unsure:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Conspiracy!  I want all the awesome comments for myself, so I go around deleting compliments that aren't meant for me. :EvilGrin:

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Flashy Fins said:

Conspiracy!  I want all the awesome comments for myself, so I go around deleting compliments that aren't meant for me. :EvilGrin:

Trickster!  And here I thought you were more the "share the love" type... guess you never can tell eh :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, albertareef said:

Yeah but all the cool kids are on the party bus!  Would be happy to help. Let me make sure I can rearrange the Saturday AM stuff and then I will coordinate with you on the rest.

 

Nope not true I am not on it :highfive:

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, spectra said:

 

Nope not true I am not on it :highfive:

Haha!  Ok, I will give you that - not "all" the cool kids are on the party bus but many of them are. Better?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All the cool kids being on the bus does not mean only cool kids are on the bus. We're letting a few weirdos on! :D

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, albertareef said:

Trickster!  And here I thought you were more the "share the love" type... guess you never can tell eh :)

LOTR much?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, albertareef said:

Yeah but all the cool kids are on the party bus!

Not sure about all the "cool kids". I made it on and I am far from "cool" I think. At least that is what my son tells me!

Also, I was thinking that since April 15th (usually) is tax day there is no better way to recover from Uncle Sam vacuuming out my wallet than to spend some money on my tank!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Store tour is this Saturday!! First stop is Upscales at 10 am!!! 

We will be giving away a 50 dollar gift certificate to Upscales!!!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Time for another raffle prize!! Our second stop of the tour will be Golden Basket Reef. This used to be the best kept secret in the Portland area. He's primarily an online store and nationally known but just wait until you see his shop in person. It's actually not a shop. It's a warehouse of coral with tanks and tanks of corals!!!:drool:

Rudy will be giving away a 6 pack of Zoas!

:clap:

 

Remember we are not selling raffle tickets. Just show up and you get one. Become a supporting member and you get 2!

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dang may have to hit GB now.....................not like I have plenty of zoas from Rudy already :laugh: 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, spectra said:

Dang may have to hit GB now.....................not like I have plenty of zoas from Rudy already :laugh: 

Stay away! You're too lucky!! I want that zoa pack!!!:fishhit:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Meeting is soooo close! Just in 2 days! Rudy from Golden Basket Reef is bringing his A game. :YayWave:

 

He will be giving away a 4 pack of Millies for all you SPS lovers!:peace:

 

All ya gotta do is show up from 1130 to 1230 at Golden Basket Reef and you get a free raffle ticket. Become a supporting member and you get 2!

 

There will be 3 winners at this stop. 

3 pack of Euphyllia

6 pack of zoas

or

4 frags of Milleapora!

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Emerald525 said:

He will be giving away a 4 pack of Millies for all you SPS lovers!:peace:

I want this!!!!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now I really need to stop at GB........................I need to hurry I guess Saturday morning............

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Store tour is tomorrow!!

Our final destination will be Cuttlefish and Coral!!

Our own Daniel Lu owner of Reefi Leds will be doing a talk for those of you who want to learn more about Leds!

He will be giving a brief talk and may have some lights for sale and at 230 pm we will

be raffling off this Reefi Led light valued at 300 dollars !!

 

IMG_2183.PNG

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So have you ever considered letting those members, possibly only supporting members buy tickets for some of these meeting giveaway prizes?? Living in the Seattle area makes it tough to come for meetings, but it sure would be nice to be able to participate in drawings (at a cost of course). Just wondering if it's ever been considered. Like being able to pay for an 'absentee' ticket to an event such as the party bus. Club gets funds, distant members have a chance to participate.

I would have gladly paid $15 for an absentee ticket to the party bus to have a chance to win one of the cool prizes, and whatever raffle ticket prices there are if applicable.

 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, ninkylou said:

So have you ever considered letting those members, possibly only supporting members buy tickets for some of these meeting giveaway prizes?? Living in the Seattle area makes it tough to come for meetings, but it sure would be nice to be able to participate in drawings (at a cost of course). Just wondering if it's ever been considered. Like being able to pay for an 'absentee' ticket to an event such as the party bus. Club gets funds, distant members have a chance to participate.

I would have gladly paid $15 for an absentee ticket to the party bus to have a chance to win one of the cool prizes, and whatever raffle ticket prices there are if applicable.

 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

Funny you mention this. I was just thinking about doing some sort of virtual forum raffle for those who work on the weekends or live too far away to make the meetings!! I was thinking of that today on my run! I don't like people being left out.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Emerald525 said:

Funny you mention this. I was just thinking about doing some sort of virtual forum raffle for those who work on the weekends or live too far away to make the meetings!! I was thinking of that today on my run! I don't like people being left out.

I like this idea as well.  Are you thinking a separate raffle for those that can't make it or add them into the mix for the "live" one.  I could see arguments both ways but, logistically, it would probably be easier to do them separately.  That might also preserve the in the excitement factor for the live one as you know someone in the room is taking it home.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, albertareef said:

I like this idea as well.  Are you thinking a separate raffle for those that can't make it or add them into the mix for the "live" one.  I could see arguments both ways but, logistically, it would probably be easier to do them separately.  That might also preserve the in the excitement factor for the live one as you know someone in the room is taking it home.

I'm not planning on doing it this time. I was just thinking of this being some sort of bonus raffle for fund raising similar to how we do the auctions not related to the meeting just cool prizes where you do not need to be present to win. I literally was just thinking of this idea on my morning run today.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just want to be a part of it all...its tough being so far away from the action. :teardrop:

I am going to try to come down for next month's meeting, to meet everyone.  I love Portland and it would be nice to come down for a night or a weekend.  

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ninkylou said:

I just want to be a part of it all...its tough being so far away from the action. :teardrop:

I am going to try to come down for next month's meeting, to meet everyone.  I love Portland and it would be nice to come down for a night or a weekend.  

 

I hear you. :unsure:Too bad you can't make this meeting. The next meeting is going to be towards Salem so a little further for you. It's difficult since we are so spread out to accommodate everyone that's why I was thinking an online raffle.  Video recording some of the talks would be nice too I just don't have the IT knowledge for that. Tried it once and couldn't get the video to upload  but I'm sure there are some folks that could help with that in the future. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Emerald525 said:

Video recording some of the talks would be nice too I just don't have the IT knowledge for that. Tried it once and couldn't get the video to upload  but I'm sure there are some folks that could help with that in the future. 

I could help with that. I could set up my tripod and camera for the talk next month, which would make for a better video than cell phone recorded. Uploading shouldn't be any trouble. 

Online raffles sound good, too!  :thumbs:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×