OLD Par Meter Booking Thread

Flashy Fins

OK - looks like @Knuckledragger is next up for the USB based on the responses I received so let's see if we can get this moving again!  The meter can be picked up from Cuttlefish and Coral - Jeff said he would handle the deposit there so that will make it easier (thank you Jeff! @CuttleFishandCoral.  I will message them to confirm and update the list once it's picked up.

Hand held meter is still AWOL so I will continue to search for that.

On 2/24/2020 at 10:17 AM, albertareef said:

Hi all,

The USB PAR meter is currently at Cuttlefish and Coral and Jeff has agreed to handle the next handoff - including the deposit - thank you Jeff! @CuttleFishandCoral

That said - I went back over the wait list and am uncertain which people may still be waiting on that.

@fpd4308 @householdofpayne @Jexter @Knuckledragger  if you are still waiting, no longer need it, or actually already used it please let me know.

From the more recent additions, it looks like @Tracdog777 @Parzifal @Smiles and @jtichenor are in queue so please let me know if you still are interested.

Jeff will not be handing this out until he gets confirmation from me on who is actually next so please respond here so I can make sure no one gets inadvertently skipped.  Just a reminder that you need to be a paid member in order to borrow the meter.  We recently cleaned up our subscription data so you may want to check and make sure you are current.

Also - if someone has the hand-held meter please let me know.  Pinging BOD/Officers to make sure everyone is in the loop.  @badxgillen @Jeremevans @Flashy Fins @Higher Thinking @Gumby @lewisriverfisherman @SuncrestReef

Thank you!

No longer need it, thanks for checking in

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2/24/2020 at 10:17 AM, albertareef said:

Hi all,

The USB PAR meter is currently at Cuttlefish and Coral and Jeff has agreed to handle the next handoff - including the deposit - thank you Jeff! @CuttleFishandCoral

That said - I went back over the wait list and am uncertain which people may still be waiting on that.

@fpd4308 @householdofpayne @Jexter @Knuckledragger  if you are still waiting, no longer need it, or actually already used it please let me know.

From the more recent additions, it looks like @Tracdog777 @Parzifal @Smiles and @jtichenor are in queue so please let me know if you still are interested.

Jeff will not be handing this out until he gets confirmation from me on who is actually next so please respond here so I can make sure no one gets inadvertently skipped.  Just a reminder that you need to be a paid member in order to borrow the meter.  We recently cleaned up our subscription data so you may want to check and make sure you are current.

Also - if someone has the hand-held meter please let me know.  Pinging BOD/Officers to make sure everyone is in the loop.  @badxgillen @Jeremevans @Flashy Fins @Higher Thinking @Gumby @lewisriverfisherman @SuncrestReef

Thank you!

No need for it anymore thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/30/2020 at 9:50 PM, reefrun said:

Can I get added to the list?

On 4/6/2020 at 10:37 AM, jayteab said:

I would like to be added to the list please!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You need to be supporting members in order to borrow the PAR meter. Please look into upgrading your membership. Thanks!

On 5/24/2020 at 11:56 AM, Higher Thinking said:

You need to be supporting members in order to borrow the PAR meter. Please look into upgrading your membership. Thanks!

I am a supporting member - family membership with Grassi

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Can you please add me to the list for the USB part meter?
Thanks!
Good morning!
would love to borrow the wand par meter.  anything I need to do other than this post?

thanks,
Aaron
I paid my subscription so hoping I can get in line for the par meter? Excited to get involved with club meetings and events too
Thanks 

Miles
I would love to borrow the USB par meter.
I'd like a turn! No preference for which one. How longs the wait?
Also, super cool of you guys to offer this service.
I would like to be added to the list please!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Can I get added to the list?
Can I get added to the waitlist? I'm picking up some radion g4 pros this weekend and dont trust my Seneye anymore.
Ok, unfortunately the meters have kind of stalled out, but luckily we're back on track. In addition,@bamburgb has graciously offered his own par meter into the mix to help move the list along. I've quoted the 8 people, in the order I believe they signed up, who are currently waiting. The new meter from Ben is essentially the best of both worlds. It's the same light sensor as the USB, but it comes with the handheld unit. As a reminder, if you're using LEDs, you'll want Ben's meter or the USB, as those sensors have a wider spectrum that captures light more accurately from LEDs.

So I'll be contacting@Tracdog777 to handoff Ben's meter and then@albertareef can contact the next two (Parzifal and Smiles) about getting one of the two that he currently has.

Sound good everyone? Sorry for the delay and we'll get this going ASAP!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This is a wonderful service from the Club.  But managing these meters is close to a thankless job and a volunteer one at that.  So, a big shout-out to the board and all others who keep this program moving.

With that said, I would like to join the waiting list, and I promise to get it back quickly.

• Like 3

Quick update - Jeff found the club's hand-held unit and it is at Cuttlefish and Coral now.  I did a firmware update on the USB unit so it is now working again (wasn't recognized correctly in the software) and will be planning to get that back to CnC soon so it can re-enter circulation.  Jeff has agreed to be the "keeper" of these units so henceforth you will be able to pick them up there (with prior approval from the management of course).  This should work better for everyone as they can handle the deposits and reimbursements quickly plus you can pick up some killer livestock while you are there 😄 

Please don't try and collect these from Jeff until after you have been notified that your turn is up as we need to be in communication with him to approve.

Thanks all!

• Like 1

Ok, unfortunately the meters have kind of stalled out, but luckily we're back on track. In addition,@bamburgb has graciously offered his own par meter into the mix to help move the list along. I've quoted the 8 people, in the order I believe they signed up, who are currently waiting. The new meter from Ben is essentially the best of both worlds. It's the same light sensor as the USB, but it comes with the handheld unit. As a reminder, if you're using LEDs, you'll want Ben's meter or the USB, as those sensors have a wider spectrum that captures light more accurately from LEDs.

So I'll be contacting@Tracdog777 to handoff Ben's meter and then@albertareef can contact the next two (Parzifal and Smiles) about getting one of the two that he currently has.

Sound good everyone? Sorry for the delay and we'll get this going ASAP!

Messaged Traccdog with no response so far so I'm going to move this along. If you're still interested, let me know and I'll get it to you next. I'm trying to get the unit moving as quickly as possible and keep it moving.

That means@Parzifal is up. PM headed your way.

@Parzifal Just sent you a PM!
Messaged Traccdog with no response so far so I'm going to move this along. If you're still interested, let me know and I'll get it to you next. I'm trying to get the unit moving as quickly as possible and keep it moving.

That means@Parzifal is up. PM headed your way.

Just saw Sean's message that he's already contacting@Parzifal

That means I'm PMing@Smiles!