OLD Par Meter Booking Thread

Flashy Fins

15 hours ago, Manny Tavan said:

I suck at reading instructions but where it says 1. Is that the PAR meter value? When I get it under my LED at 20% it goes up to 450. 

Hmm, I haven't used it myself, but maybe a recent borrower can shed some light (pun intended). @Trailermann or @milesmiles902 - can either of you help? @badxgillen, have you used it/know what's up? 

Yes, I went through this issue early this year.  It could be informative for Manny to review my thread "MQ 520 is not a PAR meter, right" started on April 7th.

Bottom line is that the numbers that the meter is reading are, for all intents and purposes, equivalent to PAR.  It took me several hours and dozens of reading to finally get the hang of the meter.  It ends up being quite easy to use.  You will see that moving the meter just a couple of inches can change the PAR significantly.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Flashy Fins said:

I think @Manny Tavan is mainly wondering - is ONE a probable number for him to be getting? Has anyone else registered a number so low?

No the one was just ambient light. My question is - there are recommended par value for sps for instance. Are those par value in line with what this device is giving me. For instance 300 par for acros. Should I aim for 250 on this meter?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Willapa said:

Yep, ready any time. I can pick up anytime over the weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like I might be picking this up from C&C so want me to give you a shout when I have it?  Would be good to hook up anyway as we are pretty close by if I recall correctly.

[mention=16179]pdxmonkeyboy[/mention] I saw your DIY thread and wondered if you want to take your turn with the handheld meter to compare? It’s available now. Or you could hold out for the USB model with a couple of people ahead of you. 
yeah i would like to compare if its around. im like 8 minutes from cuttlefish..

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Sounds like I might be picking this up from C&C so want me to give you a shout when I have it?  Would be good to hook up anyway as we are pretty close by if I recall correctly.

Sounds like a fine plan. A good excuse to finally meet up. I live on Alberta!

48 minutes ago, Willapa said:

Cool, PMd you back. So terrible you had a make a special trip to C&C today to pick it up emoji23.pngWere you able to keep your blinders on to shield from all of the attractor beams over there?!

Haha!  Surprisingly, I came away empty handed but it wasn’t for a lack of tempting items. Just trying to stay focused 😞. There was an acid trip milli there that was calling to me...