OLD Par Meter Booking Thread

Flashy Fins

:puffer:  Hello from your new par meter booking agent!

The club now has 2 par meters available for loan to paid members. We typically have a waiting list to borrow, so when your name comes up, you can either take the one that is available or wait for the other - either way, you will not lose your place in line.

Meters available:

Apogee SQ-520 Full Spectrum Smart Quantum LED PAR Sensor

parmeter-usb.jpg

This page has information you'll need, including links to software downloads for PC and Mac. You'll want to make sure you're able to use the software before borrowing this meter. Apogee has verified tech support for operating systems Windows XP through 10, as well as Mac 10.10 and higher, and they offer to help out if someone runs into compatibility issues.

:crab::crab::crab::crab::crab::crab::crab:

Apogee MQ-200 Quantum Separate Sensor with Handheld PAR Meter 

Huge thanks to @Smann for this generous donation!

parmeter-monitor.jpg

:fish::fish::fish::fish::fish:

To borrow a meter:

• be a paid member of PNWMAS
  • pay a $50 refundable deposit, given back upon return of the undamaged meter
  • agree to fully reimburse the club if damage or loss occurs - full cost of a new meter is $345 (+ $55 for the sensor wand if that is also lost/damaged)
  • return the meter to me after your week with it is up (if you live extremely far away, another club officer or board member closer to you can accept it back)

I prefer to avoid members transferring the meter directly to other members, because I don't want anyone to find themselves responsible for damage caused during a prior loan. Returning it like a library book protects all parties involved.

:hermit::hermit::hermit::hermit::hermit::hermit::hermit::hermit::hermit:

Waiting list current as of 03-03-19:

Nanoreefer32 - no response; turn skipped, but place in line retained

wantanewtank - no response; turn skipped, but place in line retained (USB)

ChrisQ - turn voluntarily skipped for USB meter; place in line retained

LadAShark - turned skipped for now; will need to become a paid member to borrow handheld meters 

Nick - hand held (passed this time around)

fpd4308 either skipped

TaylorW hand held skipped 

Mesamech - hand held

householdofpayne - either

Knuckledragger- returned 

Optimusprime - returned  USB Meter 

Richard972 - handheld skipped

Trailermann - returned

Jexter -  USB

Amaez90 - handheld

Knuckledragger  USB 

Higher Thinking - returned USB

Trailermann - USB (returned to CnC)

Dakotapi3rc3 - Handheld

H2Ocooled - USB returned

Tracdog777 - USB (has unit)

Parzifal - hand held (returned)

Smiles - either (returned)

jtichenor - USB (skipped)

Oasisreefing - either (skipped)

Reefrun - picking up

Trailerman - picking up

H2Ocooled - USB

bamburgb

leonardomanzanado either 

Note:  Bolding those who have confirmed their interest in the latest posts per request so we can get the list sorted.  Thanks!

Also - whoever has the hand-held meter please respond in the thread or send albertareef a PM - found!

• Like 8

@Salty Pickle this means you are up!  If you're still wanting to borrow the meter, please let me know which you prefer - USB model or handheld monitor - and when you want to pick it up. I live in Oregon City, but I can meet you in Portland or another location. The meter you do not choose will be offered to next in line. 

Nice!  Thanks for taking this on Cherany.  I didn't realize we ended up with one of each style. If I am remembering this correctly, the USB model has the newer style sensor that, supposedly, has a more even response across the spectrum - hence providing a potentially more accurate reading.  The caveat being, you will need a computer and the downloadable software to run it.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Flashy Fins said:

@Salty Pickle this means you are up!  If you're still wanting to borrow the meter, please let me know which you prefer - USB model or handheld monitor - and when you want to pick it up. I live in Oregon City, but I can meet you in Portland or another location. The meter you do not choose will be offered to next in line. 

He got tired of waiting and got his own :laugh: 

Good to see the club has them again..... Hopefully none of these go for a swim :nooo:

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Emerald525 said:

Go ahead and put me on the list for the new one. I am curious to see how functional it is. I suppose I could have done that when I had it lol but my paying job gets in the way! :)

That's hilarious. :D  Added you!

I couldn't remember who was to thank for the donated meter?

10 minutes ago, Flashy Fins said:

That's hilarious. :D  Added you!

I couldn't remember who was to thank for the donated meter?

Oh yes !! I meant to post that!! Smann donated his which is why we have two!! He no longer has tanks up but I hope he comes back some day. He's a super generous guy and has an amazing tank !

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Emerald525 said:

Oh yes !! I meant to post that!! Smann donated his which is why we have two!! He no longer has tanks up but I hope he comes back some day. He's a super generous guy and has an amazing tank !

Second that - Smann is a very generous guy who has had some fantastic tanks over the years. Was bummed to see that he was without a system now. I had some nice frags of his back before my tear down.  Very thoughtful - thanks Steve!

• Like 2

Thanks Flashy for taking this on.  Clearly you have put in significant work to get this posted.  

I was pleased to see that there are two devices and the list is not years long.  But I am wondering if my #6 position takes into account that I signed up on January 22nd with Mr. Bret through IM per instructions at that time. I will be happy whenever my turn comes.

Emerald cautioned me that my tank's problems are likely greater than proper lighting, but at least I want to eliminate one of my possible deficiencies.

45 minutes ago, Trailermann said:

I was pleased to see that there are two devices and the list is not years long.  But I am wondering if my #6 position takes into account that I signed up on January 22nd with Mr. Bret through IM per instructions at that time. I will be happy whenever my turn comes.

Yes, unfortunately the person in line before you has been waiting since November 2016. :shock:  You can view posts indicating that here. I hope to keep the list moving at a reasonable pace from this point on, so no one is left hanging for months on end. I appreciate your patience! 

5 hours ago, Flashy Fins said:

Is that true? I laughed, so maybe just a joke, but if you're sure...

I know he picked one up as I talked to him about it at Cuttlefish. He was checking out the readings on a few of Jeffs lights.

• Like 1

Ok, since word from a trustworthy source is that next in line bought his own meter, I'm moving on to @youcallmenny. Please select which meter you'd like to use and let me know when/where you want to meet up. I can do most anywhere in the metro area, and my schedule is pretty flexible.

@Salty Pickle, if you do still want to use a meter for some reason, let me know. You don't have to get to the back of the line; I just swapped your spot with the next person. 

I tried but the checkout is... well, it's as janky as having to download pictures to a host site to post them here. 

It kept not letting me put my payment info in, then when I backed out, it would not let me add another family membership to the cart and there was no other way to get to the cart!!!   maybe it's an android issue?  

I'll try again. 

4 minutes ago, pdxmonkeyboy said:

I tried but the checkout is... well, it's as janky as having to download pictures to a host site to post them here. 

It kept not letting me put my payment info in, then when I backed out, it would not let me add another family membership to the cart and there was no other way to get to the cart!!!   maybe it's an android issue?  

I'll try again. 

You might want to send TheClark a message - he had to do some back-end magic to get this unstuck for someone else just the other day. 

22 hours ago, pdxmonkeyboy said:

can I get added to the list please.  thank you 

Added you!  Welcome as a supporting member - the club appreciates it!

16 hours ago, HenryLimpet said:

Please add me to the list as well thanks

Added you, as well! :)

• Thanks 1