New red sea reefer 170!

biochemrobyn

Excited to get started on a new tank! Just arrived home late last night from two weeks away. I wanted to give a HUGE shout-out to Jeff at Cuttlefish Corals who has (for almost the last two weeks) been so kind as to order, hold on to, and then deliver my new tank!

IMG_1216.jpg

IMG_1210.jpg

The light is just a cheap light from ebay that I was planning on using in the sump. On wednesday I hope to go and pick up my new ReeFi light from Daniel!

I have also been meaning to give a shout- out as well about this Gonipora also from Cuttlefish Corals (hands down one of the most beautiful corals I have ever seen):

0F238068-FC0A-4F46-B327-2639E9DC55C6.jpg

While I was away I was able  to visit one of the shops in north LA and pick up this guy:

IMG_1186_1.jpg

EF8032F4-ECB2-498E-9FB2-90346C989246.jpg

EF8032F4-ECB2-498E-9FB2-90346C989246.jpg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Emerald525 said:

Red Sea reefers are awesome tanks! I love mine. Nice corals too!

Thank you!! I credit Jeff to cultivating my desire to get this tank. Every item he mentioned was rightfully echoed in the reviews. I have never seen such a well designed sump and plumbing. I can also use my overkill skimmer and 3000l/hr pump that were sitting out on my garage, so works out very nicely!

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, PowderBlue said:

Beautiful tank, beautiful corals, and beautiful house! Keep the updates coming

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Thank you!! I can't wait to get this thing cycling. My smaller tank is quickly running out of real estate. Will try to start a tank thread once I get more than a few hours into a pre-made setup.

31 minutes ago, Bicyclebill said:

Yes, way nicer than that stuffy old lamp and end table ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

haha... Appreciate the kind words! I was lamenting the loss of the second lamp, but agreed that this will give the room a new life! Plus lately I have been spending every free minute with the tank upstairs, so this will allow me to glean some pleasure with being downstairs again. :)

And totally random-- but in explaining to my parents earlier this evening that I intend on getting a pair of nice clownfish for the tank, my mom insisted that I name one of them "Bozo". Although I was a bit hesitant at first, seems like a Bozo and Binky would be fitting for the tank. :) Otherwise, Krusty would be a very portland-appropriate clown name.

Edited by biochemrobyn

Can't wait to see what you do with this tank. The tank looks perfect in that spot. 

8 hours ago, Flashy Fins said:

Are you the one that works at Cuttlefish?

That goni is gorgeous! The scoly, too. :wub:  I like how the tank looks like it belongs in the room; not too many people accomplish that well. 

This is a different Robyn. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...