Emerald?

fishmanmike01

I stopped by premium  wilsonville and asked Erin if he had any decent size "toys" for my mantis to "play" with. All his hermits were pretty small so he says, does it like other kinds of crabs? He then not only produces a large crab but offers it up for free because he was wearry it it most likely a pest. My first thought was it looks like a giant emerald, Erin thought otherwise. I'd hate to let a good cleanup crab go in the name of entertainment.

Does anyone agree? What does it look like to you? 

IMG_3766.JPG

IMG_3765.JPG

Edited by fishmanmike01

6 minutes ago, cjmdh said:

Is it at least green?  Hard to tell with the lights.  Claws look black and if they are it's not an emerald crab (as far as i know).  Also the claws do not look like an emerald claw.

2017-03-12 19_10_48-emerald crab - Google Search.png

If it is it's so suttle. Mostly a greenish brown I guess but the claws are indeed rather dark, indeed nearly black. The tips are the paddle like  kind just like an emerald which leads me to believe it's a herbivore. 

At some point that crab is going to die. At some point the mantis I'd going to need to eat. 

I think you see the road I am heading down. The big deal is to make sure and get video of this. 

Maybe someone has a "bad" crab you could trade your crab for?  I lost 2 emeralds last week. They are going to die at some point so you might as well make it worthwhile. I used to purchase goldfish for my Oscars, what's the difference ? 

Good luck and take care. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fishboys said:

At some point that crab is going to die. At some point the mantis I'd going to need to eat. 

I think you see the road I am heading down. The big deal is to make sure and get video of this. 

Maybe someone has a "bad" crab you could trade your crab for?  I lost 2 emeralds last week. They are going to die at some point so you might as well make it worthwhile. I used to purchase goldfish for my Oscars, what's the difference ? 

Good luck and take care. 

Yeah, I'd rather be safe than sorry. The lucky contestant is marinating in a floating butter container until I can entice the mantis out into the colosseum for the showdown. I think I'll even give it brondo for good luck. Lol. I'm sure only a few will get that. 

• Like 2

Thanks for the correct spelling. I had a few so I missed that. Still gotta love it. Makes me wanna create a little l car for the sad crab. 

Sorry, I hadn't seen your comment so didn't mean as a correction. It's what plants crave! I thought that was the stupidest movie ever, until I got up the next day on my regular trip to Costco. Then BAM, I realized it's not that far fetched! Then this election happened....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmmm. 

37 minutes ago, Bicyclebill said:

Sorry, I hadn't seen your comment so didn't mean as a correction. It's what plants crave! I thought that was the stupidest movie ever, until I got up the next day on my regular trip to Costco. Then BAM, I realized it's not that far fetched! Then this election happened....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmmm. Don't get me started. This election will get us away from the brawndo population decisions. Do I love him.... no. Do I support him ....  yes. We are desperate for change.