OFFICIAL: sps grow out thread

It ain't thrivin' but it ain't dyin'. It is about the same 3/4". There is no color to speak of, but at least it isn't white! I do need to figure out what Tom is doing to get those polyps and color.

I should mention that it is now out of quarantine and in the main tank system. It resides in a 60 gallon frag tank which is part of a 550 gallon total volume system. This frag tank is lit by three Ocean Revive 247s. Alk 8.3, Mg 1400, Ca 500, post-surgery bra size is 34A-, but I'll be increasing that over the next few months. [emoji6]
27edb052f11e8fc3eb0089058b3f85e3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, Gil&Fin said:

It ain't thrivin' but it ain't dyin'. It is about the same 3/4". There is no color to speak of, but at least it isn't white! I do need to figure out what Tom is doing to get those polyps and color.

I should mention that it is now out of quarantine and in the main tank system. It resides in a 60 gallon frag tank which is part of a 550 gallon total volume system. This frag tank is lit by three Ocean Revive 247s. Alk 8.3, Mg 1400, Ca 500, post-surgery bra size is 34A-, but I'll be increasing that over the next few months. emoji6.png
27edb052f11e8fc3eb0089058b3f85e3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

Hey Holly!  Glad to see you are still in the game... with sense of humor intact!  Ain't thrivn' but ain't dyin' may need to be my new tag line - where do I send the royalties?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Zoolander said:

If anybody else caught the humor in the order of those last two posts I'll know I'm not the only child on here lol.

Welcome to the innuendo sps grow out . I know you were biting your tongue. 

Nice color Tom, and Holly size doesn't matter !

• Like 2

Okay, here I am on the last day. Hopefully some one won't give me crap about the top down having the "rippily" from still having the pumps on and the little bit of algae on the frag base...I have a seriously bastard Melanarus Wrasse who just ate up all the clean up crew.

SAM_9031.JPG

Mine has grown none but colored up some...At first I thought of it resembling devils horns but now I feel like it is a "Rock On!" punk style coral hand...Totally Gnarly!

SAM_9036.JPG

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/17/2017 at 0:18 PM, Emerald525 said:

That's good that you were able to keep one side. usually the whole thing goes. Did you superglue the other branch?

The two branches were not actually connected by tissue, so there was no need to superglue.

• Like 1